The Star Wars OT/PT general chat thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps you all know of this already, but I thought it doesn’t hurt to bring it up again:

https://www.starwarsringtheory.com

It’s a long read but very interesting on the way Lucas structured the PT to inverse mirror the OT, sometimes even having the same shots or inverse shots at almost the same time as the other film that ‘rhymes.’ It’s speculation of course as the man himself has said nothing on the subject (outside of the in/famous quote - ‘it’s like poetry, it rhymes’) but most of what he says fits. There are some shorter videos on it as well but I found none of them came close to reading the original over the years.

Perhaps you all know of this already, but I thought it doesn’t hurt to bring it up again:

https://www.starwarsringtheory.com

It’s a long read but very interesting on the way Lucas structured the PT to inverse mirror the OT, sometimes even having the same shots or inverse shots at almost the same time as the other film that ‘rhymes.’ It’s speculation of course as the man himself has said nothing on the subject (outside of the in/famous quote - ‘it’s like poetry, it rhymes’) but most of what he says fits. There are some shorter videos on it as well but I found none of them came close to reading the original over the years.

What I love most about George is that not only does he do this stuff, he doesn't feel the need to ram it down people's throats. He's even said it probably doesn't matter to most people. He just did it for himself.

Questions left unanswered by the PT:

• Did Plagueis create Anakin? It was heavily hinted but never actually confirmed - it may have been another of Palpatine's mind games. Has George ever explicitly confirmed it?
  • Who was Sifo-Dyas? I believe he gets some back story in the CW. Can someone who's actually seen it fill me in?
  • The scene in AOTC where Dooku visits the imprisoned Obi-Wan is possibly the most enigmatic of the trilogy. Was he "blinding him with the truth" or was Dooku actually working to bring down Palpatine from within? And what was Qui-Gon's involvement?

What I love most about George is that not only does he do this stuff, he doesn't feel the need to ram it down people's throats. He's even said it probably doesn't matter to most people. He just did it for himself.

Agreed 100% OT & PT > ST forever

• Did Plagueis create Anakin? It was heavily hinted but never actually confirmed - it may have been another of Palpatine's mind games. Has George ever explicitly confirmed it?
  • Who was Sifo-Dyas? I believe he gets some back story in the CW. Can someone who's actually seen it fill me in?
  • The scene in AOTC where Dooku visits the imprisoned Obi-Wan is possibly the most enigmatic of the trilogy. Was he "blinding him with the truth" or was Dooku actually working to bring down Palpatine from within? And what was Qui-Gon's involvement?

Plot holes you can drive a bus through.....

But we didn’t ask those questions like we do now....

SyFo-dias was suppose to be Dooku in disguise I think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^You must have got to the internet late because all the PT stuff has been done to death since many, many years now. The OT has been done to death since before the internet as well...

The Plageuis/Anakin thing was ever only a fan theory, as far as Lucas was concerned Anakin was simply ‘born of the force’ with the heavy virgin birth thing. However at some point one guy wrote an EU novel, I believe simply titled ‘darth plageuis’ that said due to the ‘experiments’ plageuis was doing with cheating death, it created an imbalance in the force that caused Anakin to be created inadvertently. Or so Plageuis and Palpatine assumed. The book is not very good though and was obviously never canon (and certainly isn’t now!). During TCW there’s an episode where.. I won’t spoil it but where a ‘higher power’ confirms he’s the chosen one and born of the force alone.

I felt it was always implied that Dooku murdered or captured Sifo-Dyas and impersonated him to begin the creation of the clone army. The CW episode doesn’t clear anything up as it’s an illusion. However in the same Plageuis book I mentioned they made it so Plageuis actually convinces Sifo-Dyas to create it, don’t remember if he influences him with the force.

The third one... I couldn’t tell you honestly. As I remember it he said qui gon wouldn’t stand for the corruption in the senate. But I can’t tell you what Dooku’s motivations were, if he would actually betray Sidious had Obi-Wan taken him up on his offer. While watching CW which takes place after AotC he seems pretty loyal to Sidious throughout, except for when Sidious wants to get rid of his apprentice. Dooku was not pleased with that.

I’d say it was just a ploy to get Obi-Wan on his side but I don’t have a real answer to that question.

^You must have got to the internet late because all the PT stuff has been done to death since many, many years now. The OT has been done to death since before the internet as well...

The Plageuis/Anakin thing was ever only a fan theory, as far as Lucas was concerned Anakin was simply ‘born of the force’ with the heavy virgin birth thing. However at some point one guy wrote an EU novel, I believe simply titled ‘darth plageuis’ that said due to the ‘experiments’ plageuis was doing with cheating death, it created an imbalance in the force that caused Anakin to be created inadvertently. Or so Plageuis and Palpatine assumed. The book is not very good though and was obviously never canon (and certainly isn’t now!). During TCW there’s an episode where.. I won’t spoil it but where a ‘higher power’ confirms he’s the chosen one and born of the force alone.

I felt it was always implied that Dooku murdered or captured Sifo-Dyas and impersonated him to begin the creation of the clone army. The CW episode doesn’t clear anything up as it’s an illusion. However in the same Plageuis book I mentioned they made it so Plageuis actually convinces Sifo-Dyas to create it, don’t remember if he influences him with the force.

The third one... I couldn’t tell you honestly. As I remember it he said qui gon wouldn’t stand for the corruption in the senate. But I can’t tell you what Dooku’s motivations were, if he would actually betray Sidious had Obi-Wan taken him up on his offer. While watching CW which takes place after AotC he seems pretty loyal to Sidious throughout, except for when Sidious wants to get rid of his apprentice. Dooku was not pleased with that.

I’d say it was just a ploy to get Obi-Wan on his side but I don’t have a real answer to that question.

I enjoyed the plageuis book...alot...loved the fact that a good part actually took place during TPM

Dooku was trying to turn Kenobi to take down Sidous just like Vader tried with Luke. It's what Siths do.

Dooku was trying to turn Kenobi to take down Sidous just like Vader tried with Luke. It's what Siths do.

Yeah....it's kinda silly and self-defeating really. Why do they allow their arch rivals to pretty much have an army whilst they constantly **** eachother over so that there's never more than two at a time...makes no sense to me.

Yeah....it's kinda silly and self-defeating really. Why do they allow their arch rivals to pretty much have an army whilst they constantly **** eachother over so that there's never more than two at a time...makes no sense to me.
The Rule of Two was created long ago because Sith were always fighting each other which ended their rule over the galaxy.
When there's only two they could stay hidden, gain power in secret and plot their revenge against Jedi Order.
It is in Sith nature to crave for more power and the need to overthrow one's Master is part of that philosophy.

The Rule of Two was created long ago because Sith were always fighting each other which ended their rule over the galaxy.
When there's only two they could stay hidden, gain power in secret and plot their revenge against Jedi Order.
It is in Sith nature to crave for more power and the need to overthrow one's Master is part of that philosophy.

Yes...correcto

But then why does any Sith seek an apprentice when he knows that apprentice will eventually try to kill him? Seems like he's sealing his own fate...unless he just accepts that in the overall interests of continuing the Sith...but I'm not sure that's actually the case. Palpatine wanted to stay the top man and keep replacing his apprentices.

But then why does any Sith seek an apprentice when he knows that apprentice will eventually try to kill him? Seems like he's sealing his own fate.
And you can't overthrow the Jedi without the help of another Force sensitive.
You can't overthrow your Master with the help of another Force sensitive.
It's a perfect cyrcle.

Palpatine wanted to stay the top man and keep replacing his apprentices.
That's why he failed. He got what all Sith wanted after the Rule of Two was created - kill the Jedi and rule over galaxy. But he was too greedy to let the Sith grow back, to let Vader have his own way of rule and his own apprentice.

Well funny enough Dooku seemed to be breaking that rule in the old Dark Horse Comics. I remember Dooku had 3 Dark Acolytes one of which was Quinlan Vos sent as a spy for the Jedi. It's how Asajj Ventress started.

I think the rule of two show perfectly the hubris that brings down the dark side....

Every Master trying to use , while control a powerful apprentice....every apprentice doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back