Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

I wouldn't be worried over a 5 day response time. Try not be so negative about what it might mean. This issue is growing in size every day and they are going to need some time to come up with an appropriate response. Sideshow has never screwed me over before and I don't expect them to do so here either. :peace

:exactly:

As miffed as I may be. This is my 23rd collectible produced by Sideshow, and this is the first time that I've had to endure something so horrible. The mere couple of times that I've had to go through the exchange process before I was left well taken care of as a customer. I have hope that Sideshow will do right by us.

If not then I'll have to go the full refund route and say goodbye to her. I'll be sad about it, but I'll do it.

I found it easier to just put mine back in the box and out of my sight as well, so I don't stop and look at it everyday and get angrier.

Sideshow could save so much face (if the regulars are being done elsewhere) by offering those as replacements to us that are unhappy.
This is the kind of thing in business where they should just write off any profits they made, chalk it up as a lesson learned and do right by their customers.

It's not like we're dealing with McFarlane Toys, dropping $7.99 for a figure. A lot of us have collections that cost as much as it would cost to buy a brand new car or more.

Seriously, to have customers that loyal that they are willing to spend SO MUCH disposable income in this economy should not be taken lightly. If these screw ups continue, I have zero issues with re-channeling my disposable income into a new hobby and being content with my current collection of home-run statues, and telling friends "Remember when Sideshow used to be amazing?"

I don't want it to get to that point, they are a great company who made a huge mistake. Fix the mistake and quit pretending it's an isolated incident.

Agree. I am very close to that point. I have Joker and Skaar on order. I will not pre-order anything else. If either of those turn out anything close to Rogue I will close my Sideshow account and find something else to collect. I would be giving Sideshow a little more wiggle room, but they are acting like there are no issues. Admit there are issues and that your are addressing them. I would feel much better about future orders (if any).

Now lets run through the issues Ive found. most of these are paint issues and this post has nothing to do with the face...

Paint on the X. Also notice the head wont fit into the neck and the dark black you see is actually the bottom of the neck. Without the jacket it fits snug.
symbol.jpg

Pics say it all on this one. Paint rubbed off the first time the head was put in.
neck.jpg

Bubble on EX bandana
bandana.jpg

Light coats and bubbles on the straps
legback.jpg

Green paint scuffs somehow make it on to the boot
foot.jpg

Green scuffs on the right hand
hand.jpg

Left hand and fingers that arent separated
otherhand.jpg

Greens specs and spray on the left yellow part of the leg
legspray.jpg

Button Fell Off
button.jpg

I am definitely looking forward to hearing all of the responses ssc will give each of you that contact them.

You're seriously keeping that? Wow. I would return it, especially with a broken piece.

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I intend to replace it. I've just never dealt with SS returns before, so I didn't know if they'd just send me replacement parts or if I'd need to exchange the whole thing.

I'm reluctant to send everything back for fear of getting a replacement whose heads are worse off than what I originally got.

Ps - sorry for the slow reply. I can't seemto get to the forum on my pc and can only access on my phone.

Mike T. needs to come on this board or any SSC's rep and explain what happened. This is way too many. Really it is.

Just got off the phone with sideshow

They are aware of the issues and working on it case by case. So im sure they will fix the issue for each person that calls in. So make sure you guys call in.

Now when i asked about why at SDCC the rogue was shown with a bubble arsh, and we got something different when shipped. They said that its a marvel product and they had it changed.

But when i asked why they showed the "Prototype" for sale on the web site, they said they didnt show her arsh on the pre order cause it was changed. But i told them you show the SDCC prototype for pre order, there for i thought i was ordering a rogue just like that and its false advertising.

After some talking they said SS did drop the ball on that, not letting the customer know exactly what they were getting. But still they claim her arsh was not shown so you more or less get what they ship to you. Still false advertising, cant show one thing at SDCC and use that exact item on your site as a pre order then ship something different.

Sorry thats bad business and logic to me when you are selling a high end collectible.

Im just very upset about her arsh, i wanted the arsh from the prototype cause my mirror display for her would have been perfect.

oh well, im done pre ordering from SS unless they show a factory sample on the pre order and not a prototype. That or just wait till people get them in hand to see if its worth picking up.

If you look back at this thread you will see if anything, I am leading the charge in making SS answer for this and hopefully change it on the next run...

But I will say this. In person it doesnt look as bad as the pictures do. Even up close. Dont get me wrong. There are still plenty of QC issues on this run. But in person upclose and even from 12 inches away it does look good. My biggest gripe no one has seemed to mention is that the EX Rogue and EX gambit just dont seem to fit together. He's ready to use a charged card on someone and shes like a moth staring directly at the light above her. It really doesnt make sense. I think they look better together with his normal card hand sadly.

6.jpg

4.jpg

I'm still new to Sideshow so can someone answer this; were Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Emma Frost hand painted as well? Did they have these issues at release?

I'm still new to Sideshow so can someone answer this; were Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Emma Frost hand painted as well? Did they have these issues at release?

All of their statues are hand painted, and no, this kind of thing is rarer than some would allow you to believe. Minor quality control issues exist with almost all releases, but I can only recall a few items that had widespread issues like this. Coming to mind: paint apps on the Iron Man Mk VI maquette, paint on the Spider-Man comiquette, broken shields on the Thanos Dio, and there's another one that is on the tip of my brain but I can't recall it right now.

Just got off the phone with sideshow

They are aware of the issues and working on it case by case. So im sure they will fix the issue for each person that calls in. So make sure you guys call in.

Now when i asked about why at SDCC the rogue was shown with a bubble arsh, and we got something different when shipped. They said that its a marvel product and they had it changed.

But when i asked why they showed the "Prototype" for sale on the web site, they said they didnt show her arsh on the pre order cause it was changed. But i told them you show the SDCC prototype for pre order, there for i thought i was ordering a rogue just like that and its false advertising.

After some talking they said SS did drop the ball on that, not letting the customer know exactly what they were getting. But still they claim her arsh was not shown so you more or less get what they ship to you. Still false advertising, cant show one thing at SDCC and use that exact item on your site as a pre order then ship something different.

Sorry thats bad business and logic to me when you are selling a high end collectible.

Im just very upset about her arsh, i wanted the arsh from the prototype cause my mirror display for her would have been perfect.

oh well, im done pre ordering from SS unless they show a factory sample on the pre order and not a prototype. That or just wait till people get them in hand to see if its worth picking up.

A-hah! Now we know (and knowing is half the battle G.I...wrong thread) why they never posted pics of her dupa because it was changed. Very tricksey Sideshow. :nono

All of their statues are hand painted, and no, this kind of thing is rarer than some would allow you to believe. Minor quality control issues exist with almost all releases, but I can only recall a few items that had widespread issues like this. Coming to mind: paint apps on the Iron Man Mk VI maquette, paint on the Spider-Man comiquette, broken shields on the Thanos Dio, and there's another one that is on the tip of my brain but I can't recall it right now.

SIDEHSOW :lol:lol:lol

IMG_5774.jpg

You guys should stop complaining about the asses. Ask them why they closed the waitlists if these issues are only happening to a few collectors. They are so full of ____.

Im assuming they extended the normal run an extra 500 pieces cause they knew this was crap. Heres hoping they fix it on the normal run.

Back