Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

A-hah! Now we know (and knowing is half the battle G.I...wrong thread) why they never posted pics of her dupa because it was changed. Very tricksey Sideshow. :nono

They're not showing pics of Psylocke's dupa either. Coincidence? :monkey1

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I intend to replace it. I've just never dealt with SS returns before, so I didn't know if they'd just send me replacement parts or if I'd need to exchange the whole thing.

I'm reluctant to send everything back for fear of getting a replacement whose heads are worse off than what I originally got.

Ps - sorry for the slow reply. I can't seemto get to the forum on my pc and can only access on my phone.

From the looks of your statue and dealing with Sideshow returns department. You'll either have to break the statue and show proof, or they'll ask you to ship it back to them, and then once they receive your returned statue. They will ship you off another on all the while they are covering the shipping charges. Now the catch. Once you have gotten your exchange they usually won't send you another exchange if you're not happy with your exchange. They usually just tell you to send it back for a full refund or basically that take or leave type of deal. If the item is still in stock... they'll say you can buy another after the refund and go that route, if you really want the piece that bad. Usually the exchange process takes care if the issues, but not quite sure how it's going to work on the particular statue.

sick call, nostradamus. What is your future prediction on the Vamp PF, will they screw that one too/? I need to know if I should just cancel my pre-order now...

Nah, the comiquette turned out fine.
I think it's the whole Marvel/Disney thing that made them flatten out Rogue (and all/most future Marvel ladies probably).
It was a bit obvious about Rogue. I know we must have all been thinking it. I was the only one willing to risk saying something.

What I don't get is the cleavage on some of these things are fine, but the prototype of Rogue's ass wasn't? :cuckoo:
If I end up getting a tamed down version of what was shown of the Emma Frost LSB then I'm really gonna flip the ____ out.

Who really cares about the A-- of the statue? If that was the only thing wrong with it and not the paint flaws would u still keep it? That's all I'm hearing from people is about the stupid A--. Enough already. Yeah it's different but not a main part of the statue. It's not like you are going to display it backwards. It would be different if it was like the Mary Jane Comiquette. That was the statue. Just voicing my views. I know it changed but nothing we can do about it now.

At least SS can't use the same excuse in case Madame Hydra's tush is altered. Her derriere is in full display on her product description page

339ouhu.jpg
I keep meaning to mention that I really do like that statue that you seem to be obsessing over. If I had any clue as to who she is then I'd probably get her. If I'm unfamiliar with a character then I don't buy a statue/figure of them.

Who really cares about the A-- of the statue? If that was the only thing wrong with it and not the paint flaws would u still keep it? That's all I'm hearing from people is about the stupid A--. Enough already. Yeah it's different but not a main part of the statue. It's not like you are going to display it backwards. It would be different if it was like the Mary Jane Comiquette. That was the statue. Just voicing my views. I know it changed but nothing we can do about it now.

It's more of a misrepresentation kind of thing really. We're just commenting on it as a side note and projecting about future releases. It's natural to want to discuss it since most of us feel that we didn't get what we expected in that area. Personally, as you can see in one of my last posts where I posted the message that I sent to Sideshow, I didn't even bring it up to them. For me, it was a bit of a let down, but by no means a deal breaker whatsoever.

The fact that we can do nothing about it, doesn't change what was actually done..I personally don't care THAT much about the actual ass change itself, more the manner in which it was initially presented then swapped without warning. However, clearly certain members do care a lot...and they are entitled to that opinion just like you are entitled to yours...

^^^

I should reiterate; I also need some kind of nostalgic attachment. Just knowing the background bio isn't quite enough.
Good try, though. :lol

I think the overall aesthetic appeal, beauty and allure of the statue should be a major consideration when deciding whether or not to acquire a particular piece..not just familiarity with the character

Limited space requires that I need to both like the figure/statue and have an attachment to the character.

The woman who would become the Viper was born in the 1920’s, an orphan at a young age by the death of her parents in a political revolution in an Eastern European country. In escaping the war-torn country, an unspecified accident scarred the right side of her face, and to compensate, she began wearing her hair so that it hid her disfigurement. She struggled for survival, wandering throughout Europe, finding crime to be her only means of survival. At some point, she entered into a pact with the Elder God Chthon, who was trapped in the mountain of Wundagore. This pact greatly slowed her aging process, allowing her to become a fearsome mercenary and criminal as the years passed.

More on Marvel.com: https://marvel.com/universe/Viper_(Madame_Hydra)#ixzz1ZtQSTFLP

I think the overall aesthetic appeal, beauty and allure of the statue should be a major consideration when deciding whether or not to acquire a particular piece..not just familiarity with the character

Dude. STOP deraiiling the thread with that Hydra statue please. It's annoying.

The fact that we can do nothing about it, doesn't change what was actually done..I personally don't care THAT much about the actual ass change itself, more the manner in which it was initially presented then swapped without warning. However, clearly certain members do care a lot...and they are entitled to that opinion just like you are entitled to yours...

But isn't it the point they specifically never showed her backside on the website during pre-order so as to not intentionally mislead any one?

I mean people basically decided they liked her ass from a one second clip on the rogue preview.

Now the comic-con thing is a bit different, but they probably only had the one prototype prior to the Marvel mandated change, so they displayed it.

Anyway I agree that all this cry over the ass is really getting annoying. There are legitimate paint issues that need to be dealt with.

^^^
Limited space requires that I need to both like the figure/statue and have an attachment to the character.

Same for me. I also have limited funds.

However, if neither was a factor I would definitely have ordered the Madam Hydra statue. It does look amazing....or should I say the prototype looks amazing...

Back