Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

I'm wondering how much SS knew about the backlash this piece was going to generate. And I say that because I was on the waitlist, got on it as soon as the WL went live, trying to avoid the NRD as this was the first piece I wanted that had the NRD. Didn't work as I still had to agree to the NRD just to get on the WL. Anyway, my WL should have converted. Every other WL I've gotten on in a reasonable time has converted, this is the first one that didn't.

So I'm wondering did any WL convert, or did SS not convert any in anticipation of the many returns they were expecting?

What you guys think??? The pics looks weird.

4457e448.jpg

That is hideous.

I canceled this a while back and I am glad that I did. I am so sorry to see what you are all going through. But I have a feeling, we are going to be on the same boat once Faith ships in December. I think ssc will make that a crappy Christmas for us because I saw what they displayed (of Faith) at sdcc and she is looking like Rogue here.

Any responses from Sideshow about this? Or are they hiding in a corner NOT taking responsibility for this? And to their customers who spend their hard earned dollars on these....

I feel bad for the people that went on eBay and paid 500-600$ for this thinking that this artificial sell out was real.

Honestly If you are paying 600$ day one before anyone has even seen one its kind of on you. Seriously the market hadnt even been set and you are paying double for something. I was shaking my head at those people before this crap happened. You are gonna just pay what gambit has topped off at or close to it before it even comes out...... I mean yes they are now regretting it but that was a bad financial decision anyway.

So after opening my turd last night I have found that I have one of the worst turds of all. There are actually two pieces where her hair was broken of and glued back on. Oh and not to mention the hooker make up, dull coloring on one leg, green paint streaks on the yellow part of the legs, ex neck doesn't seem to fit all all the way in and when she is on her X stand her right foot isn't touching the ground. ____ all the big wigs at Sideshow who let their loyal fan base have to go through this. I'm not even sure if a replacement is worth it.

That is easy for you to say. Go Live in Brazil where collectors pay $200 just for the Shipping of a PF from Sideshow. After that add to that 80% of local taxes over the piece price plus the Shipping($300+$200=$500- When the Fedex Guy knocks on your door you better have $400 plus Fedex fees to pay him!)
While some collectors spend around $350 for a piece including Shipping and taxes, collectors in Brazil spend around $800-$1000 for the same piece. They really have to worry before receiving it!

I understand the additional fees, but your argument still makes no sense. Regardless of the fees you are ultimately still going to accept delivery to see your shipment. In this case your concerns on Rogue are likely going to be valid, so why not wait until you have it before contacting the company? It looks ridiculous when you question a seller without actually having your item. Your stakes may be bigger, but the outcome is the same.

Hypothetical Example:

Customer: Yes hello, I'd like to report a missing ass and face from my rogue statue please...

SSC REP: Uh..oook sir, can I have your order number and could you tell me the imperfection with your piece?

Customer: ...well actually, I still haven't technically received it yet

SSC Rep: So you called to complain about a missing ass and face for a statue that you haven't received?

Customer: Well...yes. But you see, the thing is, I'm certain mine will be...

Dial-tone

King Darkness is completely right, you guys need to not settle for this. You should pretty much demand a new run of heads be case and painted at another factory or you want refunds.

Accepting a $25 partial refund or keeping it and "dealing" with it or just saying "Meh Ill have it repainted" tells Sideshow this is okay to do to their loyal customers and they won't stop.

If enough people hold them to the fire something will be done.
So many people stormed the gates about the Thanos Dio and they went back into production and made more.

For $300, this kind of thing shouldn't be something you deal with.

Do u guys think sideshow will send out new faces cuz the scult is stillgood they could also save money by just sending out newly painted heads instead!! But have they ever aent out just parts of a statue ot is it allwys a full exchange?

If you don't send it back then you will be supporting that statement.

The problem is that not enough people send this stuff back and so the "Bah, _____k these customers, they will be fine with it" business model is working for them.

You gotta make a stand somewhere.

I have a pending sale of my Rogue with a board memeber, but the more I think about it, the less I want to sell it. I need to send it back to Sideshow, if for no other reason to show that I am not okay with this crap. :monkey4

:lecture

King Darkness is completely right, you guys need to not settle for this. You should pretty much demand a new run of heads be case and painted at another factory or you want refunds.

Accepting a $25 partial refund or keeping it and "dealing" with it or just saying "Meh Ill have it repainted" tells Sideshow this is okay to do to their loyal customers and they won't stop.

If enough people hold them to the fire something will be done.
So many people stormed the gates about the Thanos Dio and they went back into production and made more.

For $300, this kind of thing shouldn't be something you deal with.

:goodpost:

:wave

IMO the head isnt the only issue.
A 4 year old painted the "X" on my body, If I'm talking exchange with them, I need a whole new statue, repainted.

If they can only offer a correctly painted head replacement, I would have to have the new head plus something like 30% off the statue price to cover the body. They arent going to refund me $100 plus a new head, so the solution is the whole thing needs to be redone.

If they want to do the right thing, they should call this piece a wash, give up their profit they made on this one and just redo it in a new factory, doubt that will happen either.

Some of those heads look misshapen, not just just a poor paint job but a bad casting. Is this a trick of the camera or has this been reported?

ccab2e7e.jpg

Looks like

I think all you guys should send them back, demand a full refund and show SSC's you won't accept this level of quality. Give them a heaping pile of Rogues for their warehouse. But try to do it in a unified way where all your voices are heard together and you don't get a "Well, you're the only customer to formally complain in writing about this, here's 25 dollars off your next purchase."

Back