Sideshow has the new Mummy license!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you don't like the license, just move on.

I don't give a flip about LOTR figures, but I'm not gonna complain about em.

I can't move on. Complaining is too much fun.

We need a frivolous war like "Small licences vs big licenses".

Not a huge fan of the films, but if Sideshow went crazy and released a Mummy figure, or maybe some of the mummified grunts that would be cool and I'd probably snap some of them up.

Not a huge fan of the films, but if Sideshow went crazy and released a Mummy figure, or maybe some of the mummified grunts that would be cool and I'd probably snap some of them up.

I loved the original movie, and enjoyed the second. Scorpion King just plain out sucked. We'll see how the third one is before I even consider this an interesting license.

The Mummy isn't that bad good gravy. No worse than Buffy or something else along those lines.

Them's fighting words boy!
Buffy is a culture changing landmark television show. It's as important in it's element as Star Wars or Indiana Jones in theirs.

I'm looking forward to Mummy stuff - if it's 1/6th figures. Anything else - probably not.

Personally, I can't wait to see the Ank Su Namon figure with the dumpy AS Buck body and the 2x head!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I suppose there is no chance for a 1/6 biplane though. Much like ever expecting any figures from the one true Buffy -the film!:naughty

LOL

Just can't bring myself to purchase collectibles from garbage licences like Van Helsing, AVP and The Mummy, though I'm sure this news will make some people pretty happy.

The Mummy movies have done quite well, so I'm not sure why you guys think this isn't a good license? Van Helsing had one movie... so far, we have three Mummy movies and a spin-off movie... somebody besides me must like them!

Well I hope the new film is good, its got alot going for it. Jet Li for one. And the story I think could work. Jet Li plays The Mummy, the 1st Emperor of China who Jet Li tried to kill in "Hero". Theres another good movie about the emperor called "The Emperor and the Assassin" . Then The National Geographic Channel has the special "China's Warrior King", so the material is there. Would of liked Indy to go there, but lets see what happens.

The Mummy movies have done quite well, so I'm not sure why you guys think this isn't a good license? Van Helsing had one movie... so far, we have three Mummy movies and a spin-off movie... somebody besides me must like them!

I'm not saying the movies are stink-a-licious, but I doubt the figures will go over like gangbusters.:rolleyes:

I enjoyed the movies Lonnie. :peace

I've been trying to cut back on buying figures that weren't vital to y collection but I did like the first and second movie and maybe the third too so I'm just gonna wait and see what they do with this. ;)

Them's fighting words boy!
Buffy is a culture changing landmark television show. It's as important in it's element as Star Wars or Indiana Jones in theirs.

I'm just playing. :rotfl:rotfl Had to come up with something on short notice for my post. :lol

I'm looking forward to Mummy stuff - if it's 1/6th figures. Anything else - probably not.

Same here. 1:6th stuff yes other stuff no.

They've made lots of money so why not.

If Sideshow releases figures from the first movie that would be cool, I wouldn't really have any interest in the other two movies. The second one was terrible, and that is hard for me to say because I loved the first one so much. An O' Connell would be cool, as well as an Imotep done in the "dead" style would rock. and as goofy as it was maybe A scorpion king 1/6 fig. You know from the end of the Mummy returns, not the crappy spin off

It is a refreshing license, but refreshing doesn't always sell. The movies are good enough popcorn fare, but not something I have any urge to collect.

Back