SW Battlefront cancelled

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
<table width="658" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="212"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td width="28" background="https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/layout/news-hl.jpg" height="90">
</td> <td width="591" background="https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/layout/news-h.jpg" height="90"> <table width="591" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="bottom" width="99" height="90">
yn-icon.jpg
</td> <td class="headline" width="492" height="90">
Star Wars Battlefront Online Cancelled!
</td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> <td width="39" background="https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/layout/news-hr.jpg" height="90">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="28" background="https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/layout/news-ml.jpg" height="87">
</td> <td width="591" height="87">
Kotaku.com is reporting that developer layoffs have lead to the cancellation of Star Wars Battlefront Online:

Slant Six managing director Brian Thalken told GameSpot "Our current project needs do not align with our current staffing levels", and confirmed that an undisclosed number of developers had been "temporarily" laid off, in the hopes that they can be re-hired once the studio's workload is able to support them.
The changes in "project needs" prompting the layoffs are, according to sources close to the studio, the result of Battlefront Online being cancelled by publisher Lucasarts. Apparently Lucasarts has a "stacked 2011 schedule" when it comes to Star Wars games, and wanted Battlefront Online out in 2010 to avoid this crunch. When it became clear last month that the game wasn't going to make a 2010 release, Lucasarts put the project "on ice".

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Between this and no KOTOR in many years heck no KOTOR in this console generation, what the heck are they thinking.

Lucasarts are such failures its makes me sick. I haven't and will never look forward to another game from them since they ____ canned the last Indiana Jones.

They show something off for 3 years and give up. Losers.

Wait, there was gonna be a Battlefront: Online???

I thought they could be played online anyway?

BUT NO...Lucasarts is too busy with crappy Clone Wars spinoff games that suck, than giving us something that has been proven truly awesome...

I WANT BATTLEFRONT III!!!

Yea, I always HATED the clone wars and it seems that's all LucasArts wants to throw down our throats...I refuse to buy anything associated with the CW. The Battlefront games were great and KOTOR was amazing, but it seems LucarArts wants to go for the little kid angle instead of adults in this market.

Like you guys said, at least The Force Unleashed is still going ahead; now they just need to fix those god damn glitches that were EVERYTHING in the first one

yea KOTOR1 was good but I don't see how any SW game can ever top JK2: Jedi Outcast (the one with Kyle Katarn). I mean it had both 1st person and 3rd person, epic multiplayer, awesome story, plenty of weapons / force powers. The acrobatics have yet to be matched in any game in the last 8 years (wall run, wall jump, backflips, sideflips, 360 spins, lunges.... it made The Matrix look like kindergartners doing somersaults)

they need to make another one of those games...

Jedi Outcast was a fantastic game but I still prefer KOTOR 1 and 2. They are 2 of my favorite games and I'm not even an RPG fan. I'd love to see another Jedi Knight game though. Dark Forces 2 is what got me into the Expanded Universe.

yea KOTOR1 was good but I don't see how any SW game can ever top JK2: Jedi Outcast (the one with Kyle Katarn). I mean it had both 1st person and 3rd person, epic multiplayer, awesome story, plenty of weapons / force powers. The acrobatics have yet to be matched in any game in the last 8 years (wall run, wall jump, backflips, sideflips, 360 spins, lunges.... it made The Matrix look like kindergartners doing somersaults)

they need to make another one of those games...

Don't you mean Jedi Academy? JK2 didn't have the wall run stuff.

And they could certainly improve on that if they wanted with the Euphoria engine.

Yeah who knows what these ____s constantly think. I mean who doesn't wanna battle online in lightsaber fights? You'd think we'd have a massive amount of these with next gen consoles but nooooooooo!

I mean Jedi Outcast and Academy were awesome.

Masters of Tera Kasi online next gen anyone?

Where the ____ are these games?

Masters of Tera Kasi... definitely enough characters within the Star Wars galaxy these days to avoid the "Han vs. Luke Battles"... throw in the Soul Caliber engine and the potential is endless...

Don't you mean Jedi Academy? JK2 didn't have the wall run stuff.

And they could certainly improve on that if they wanted with the Euphoria engine.

was in multiplayer for sure; for single player if I remember correctly you had upgrade the skill all the way to to highest it would go before you got the ability to wall run. Also it took some practice.

I reinstalled it like 3 years ago and to my surprise people were still playing it on multiplayer (even though Jedi academy already came out)

JK2 was great. Nothing like standing down an opponent ready to duel and you just force-push him off the cliff behind him. God I loved that.

And still no Battlefront for next gen consoles...

The thing too is that battlefront brings in the $$$ for them. But we're getting another Star Glitch: unleashed 2?

I was looking foward to playing as maul in cloud city :(

Back