Sideshow Angel Comiquette - Links to Waitlist and Buy Reg in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Angel Comiquette - Links to buy in 1st post.

do u have nightcrawler comi also what is ur opinion abt him

I don't own it. I have only owned but sold the Mystique com and still have the Hulk Com in 1/5.
I don't own anything else under 1/4. Nightcrawler is close to being the right height at 1/4 for what he is supposed to be @ 5'9" according to his specs. It is a cool sculpt, the bamf cloud looks great, but the mass of the body is too thin to stand up to my 1/4 collection. It might not sound like much but the 25% difference between the mass of a 1/4 and 1/5 scale statue really shows. Not to mention the height in most cases.
As cool as he is I have no doubt if it was a 1/4 scale sculpt it would be sold out and not in stock as it is now.

with the edition size of 500 do u stiill think i will be able to get him really

Yes, just believe. When this thing start shipping I am sure there will be some cancellations and credit card declined. I am keeping this piece though, been waiting for this forever.

I don't own it. I have only owned but sold the Mystique com and still have the Hulk Com in 1/5.
I don't own anything else under 1/4. Nightcrawler is close to being the right height at 1/4 for what he is supposed to be @ 5'9" according to his specs. It is a cool sculpt, the bamf cloud looks great, but the mass of the body is too thin to stand up to my 1/4 collection. It might not sound like much but the 25% difference between the mass of a 1/4 and 1/5 scale statue really shows. Not to mention the height in most cases.
As cool as he is I have no doubt if it was a 1/4 scale sculpt it would be sold out and not in stock as it is now.

so ur not getting Angel Comi?? nightcrawler PF will be coming what do u say coz i like comi but scale n proportion compared to other comi looks off to me

hay friends do u collect every xmen?? 1/5 or 1/4 preferably

I collect 1/4 X-Men PF. Angel will be the only 1/5 scale x-men that I like so far.

1/5 scale for me. Every grail SS has ever made has been in this scale and they dominate their 1/4 scale counterparts in every way and the hits keep on coming!

I think it was a typo here, you meant 1/4 scale (not 1/5) for you, right? Most SS grails are 1/4 scale.

so ur not getting Angel Comi?? nightcrawler PF will be coming what do u say coz i like comi but scale n proportion compared to other comi looks off to me

No mate I am not getting anything SS makes in 1/5 unless I see it as a fit in my 1/4 collection (not much).
I don't know what you have in your collection, but it seems you are new to sideshow? I understand people mix and match scales and don't care. But I see 1/5 as an unnecessary scale. Who does it please? The 1/6 folk? Nope. The 1/4 folk? Nope. The Bowen folk? Who the ____ cares... and SS seems to treat it as a introduction scale for price point and quality, and the price point is nearly the same these days as 1/4 scale pieces.
What you put on your shelf is your business, buy what you like.
There are 4 coms IMO worth owning. Venom, Carnage and Spideywhich are 1/4. Hulk is cool. The rest are bastard scale and long term in stock gift card fodder.

1/5 scale for me. Every grail SS has ever made has been in this scale and they dominate their 1/4 scale counterparts in every way and the hits keep on coming!

its ur sentence as u said 1/5 scale dominate their 1/4 scale counterparts even u have 1/5 Hulk...... :cuckoo:
I m new to collecting n really confused over xmen ..... my main priority is 1/4 line so lets see i liked this thats why i jumped on waitlist if its delayed again then i might cancel him it all depends on shipping month for me

would like to see the x men comiq and pfs side by side if anyone has them all.. comiqs and pfs separate..

There are 4 coms IMO worth owning. Venom, Carnage and Spideywhich are 1/4. Hulk is cool. The rest are bastard scale and long term in stock gift card fodder.

I would have to add the Punisher, Mystique, Iron Man, White/Black Queen,and Wolverine coms to the list of must haves. I think all those pieces look great.

I do agree with you though....there is no reason for 1/5 scale pieces. It should be a uniform 1/4 scale for ALL sculpts. As great as the sculpts I listed above look, there is no doubt in my mind that they would look even better as 1/4 pieces.

1/4 or fail :lecture

I like that slogan, but there is always an exception to the rule. Some 1/5 are too good to pass, Angel is one of them.

I can't wait to put this beauty in the middle (with acrylic riser) of the x-men PFs.

its ur sentence as u said 1/5 scale dominate their 1/4 scale counterparts even u have 1/5 Hulk...... :cuckoo:
I m new to collecting n really confused over xmen ..... my main priority is 1/4 line so lets see i liked this thats why i jumped on waitlist if its delayed again then i might cancel him it all depends on shipping month for me

I'm not :cuckoo: mate I was joking about the scale, sorry. When Ulron gets here tomorrow I will have 14 Marvel PF's. 3 1/4 scale Com and 1 1/5 Com. Hulk is my fave Marvel hero, that's why I have the Hulk Com even though it doesn't really fit in my collection. I like it, but I am not overly happy with it.
I think SS wants people confused. Maybe when you are confused you buy more. They probably have stats that prove that. :panic:
If you don't have Doctor Doom Ex, Grey Hulk Ex, Predator maquette Ex, Alien 3 maquette etc etc for the product lines you are into, and you want them, would you pass on up to 10 Nightcrawler Coms for one of those?
Know what you want now. And soon. :)

I like that slogan, but there is always an exception to the rule. Some 1/5 are too good to pass, Angel is one of them.

I can't wait to put this beauty in the middle (with acrylic riser) of the x-men PFs.

I NEVER pass on a kick ass Sideshow sculpt. I'll pick up any 1/5 piece if I think it looks good. However, I do wish they were 1/4 pieces. There is no 1/5 piece I own that wouldn't look better as a 1/4 piece IMHO. That being said, I won't pass on a great sculpt of a character I like if it's in 1/5 scale.

I would have to add the Punisher, Mystique, Iron Man, White/Black Queen,and Wolverine coms to the list of must haves. I think all those pieces look great.

I do agree with you though....there is no reason for 1/5 scale pieces. It should be a uniform 1/4 scale for ALL sculpts. As great as the sculpts I listed above look, there is no doubt in my mind that they would look even better as 1/4 pieces.

:exactly: :lecture :goodpost:
Cheers

I'm not :cuckoo: mate I was joking about the scale, sorry. When Ulron gets here tomorrow I will have 14 Marvel PF's. 3 1/4 scale Com and 1 1/5 Com. Hulk is my fave Marvel hero, that's why I have the Hulk Com even though it doesn't really fit in my collection. I like it, but I am not overly happy with it.
I think SS wants people confused. Maybe when you are confused you buy more. They probably have stats that prove that. :panic:
If you don't have Doctor Doom Ex, Grey Hulk Ex, Predator maquette Ex, Alien 3 maquette etc etc for the product lines you are into, and you want them, would you pass on up to 10 Nightcrawler Coms for one of those?
Know what you want now. And soon. :)

u set bar for me yehh those r products which i m more interested but will get whichever comes in big scale 1/4 or 1/3 like big chap.. i know dr. doom predator maquette r best sculpts out there but too pricy for me so i will collect now onwards in bigger scale. i hope SS will produce statues like Dr. Doom n Predator Maquette again with same quality n ohh weight :(

i mentioned weight as i have seen huge difference in older statues n new ones coming SS have reduced weight so much on every statue ..
is weight affect quality of the statue?

I NEVER pass on a kick ass Sideshow sculpt. I'll pick up any 1/5 piece if I think it looks good. However, I do wish they were 1/4 pieces. There is no 1/5 piece I own that wouldn't look better as a 1/4 piece IMHO. That being said, I won't pass on a great sculpt of a character I like if it's in 1/5 scale.

I couldn't agree more with you, I feel the same way. So did you order Angel?

Back