Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Universal studios wants 500 for the Carnotaur and 710 for the T-Rex! Lol!

Wow. I literally bought the Carno 13 minutes ago from Sideshow for almost half that price. And the t rex for $710? It's not even the exclusive...

This statue does appeal more to the "specific" crowd that prefers dinosaur products based on recent scientific rigor (even if it lacks some features) and I happen to be one of them.

But if I did have enough $$$, I would absolutely love to purchase the Chronicle Collectible's JP T. rex statue... :(

I know I personally don't like the JP gate and base that CCs t-rex comes with. I prefer unlicensed things. But that's just me.

Hopefully I can figure out an alternative base for it when it covers out, it looks like it would be good by sideshows Rex.

If any are interested, Sideshow is offering 20 percent Off for T. rex as part of the Spook event!

Has anyone had problems with their base btw? Mine has, for some reason, expanded in the middle, and now won't sit flush on a flat surface. Meaning it feels more like a turntable with the center being the only portion of the base that touches any flat surface I leave it on. It's weird, and it's annoying.

That sounds very strange. Definitely haven't had that with any of my Dinosauria pieces. Most department stores will sell little rubber pads you can stick on the bottom to fix it though.

In related news, there's some familiar looking knockoffs on ebay right now... Paint scheme's kinda interesting.

TB2LKR6qpXXXXaKXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!62021266.jpg

Dunno what's up with it really. I've tried leaving it in the freezer for about 2 months now but it doesn't seem to be contracting either (figured it might've been due to the weather). Not a big problem, but still... couldn't even fit it into the styrofoam holder when I had to box it up one day...

That sounds very strange. Definitely haven't had that with any of my Dinosauria pieces. Most department stores will sell little rubber pads you can stick on the bottom to fix it though.

In related news, there's some familiar looking knockoffs on ebay right now... Paint scheme's kinda interesting.

View attachment 301047

Is there a Ebay link to the object?

How do I get this deal? Can't find the code for it anywhere.

I got the offer through an email from Sideshow, but deleted it because I already own the statue. I don't believe there was a code involved, but could be wrong. I assumed it was a deal offered to all, so I posted the info. Checked SS site and they are only offering free shipping within the US. Sorry man, I would have paid more attention to ordering details if I had realized they were needed. A long shot, but maybe you can give them a call and ask for the deal? Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Hi there,

I was correcting some paint chips on my tyrant king when the idea to alter the crest on the head popped up. On the prototype you can see there is quite a contrast to the normal color sheme -> https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...g-sideshow-collectibles-200209/#&gid=1&pid=13

I am NOT experienced and just tried with some water based acryl color and a brush to make the crest more dominant to make the keratin on the crest shine out more. On my statue it was nowhere near the prototype, just a little bit unnatural gold on one side, NOTHING on the right side of the statue:
IMG_20170528_182819999.jpg

This is after my painting, and I am not sure if it is now better or worse... after looking too long on it I cannot tell anymore. Should I change something? Tips to make it look more natural? Overpaint it with the near black/brown/greenish skin color from the head to make the color difference dissapear altogehter? Burn the statue and forget it? ;)
IMG_20170724_191518272.jpg

IMG_20170725_064624357.jpg

Quick Update... did a little bit of googeling for acryl painting and "washed" it... think it is better now cause the color is a little bit muted.
IMG_20170728_194508631.jpg

Back