Statue Sideshow Dinosauria Mosasaur Statue/Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Similar to how the pic on the box and the amber one are, they look good from both sides so you can display one facing each way.

Yeah but I just can't see myself dedicating more space to the exact same thing just in a different color. I don't even like statues, but because there are basically no good dinosaur figures, the Dinosauria line is my exception. If it were a figure I would be all over this, but I can't see myself going for it, especially when I have 6 more dinos to buy.

Yeah but I just can't see myself dedicating more space to the exact same thing just in a different color. I don't even like statues, but because there are basically no good dinosaur figures, the Dinosauria line is my exception. If it were a figure I would be all over this, but I can't see myself going for it, especially when I have 6 more dinos to buy.

If you are looking for high end dino figures, you may want to check out what Rebor is doing. They are supposed to have a Mosasaur coming out soon as well.

If you are looking for high end dino figures, you may want to check out what Rebor is doing. They are supposed to have a Mosasaur coming out soon as well.

I like how they look, but those are also statues. Having a hinged jaw doesn't make it any more than that to me. I'd love to buy them but I'm basically only buying the highest priority stuff right now and nothing else, and Dinosauria has a much greater presence in my opinion.

Maybe a couple other mosasurs to swim around this statue wouldn't look bad though.. I'll have to look into it when it comes out

the question is not whether I like it or not but whether it's serious for a company to bring out a product and after a few months a new version . whT if I had LIKED it more the second version after taking the first ? I would feel teased ! shows versions and let choose

I think that's part of the reason why they don't let anyone know of the repaints until a while after. The way I see it, they either:

A) don't know what they'll repaint it into when they create the first scheme and after its been sold the revisit it to see what they can do to it.

B) know what they are going to repaint it into but can probably hook a few people into buying both by releasing them one at a time

the question is not whether I like it or not but whether it's serious for a company to bring out a product and after a few months a new version . whT if I had LIKED it more the second version after taking the first ? I would feel teased ! shows versions and let choose

Many people went through that with the Poison Ivy repaint, second was much better paintjob than the first.

I think it's a big mess from Sideshow. They should focus on new projects of dinosaurs and primarily to solve problems at the factory in china. They have serious problems in quality / price. Now I no longer understand their marketing strategy:(. I do not want to see dinosaurs from 2009 repainted WTF ???? Already I feel like I give up with this line. I have the impression that somehow Sideshow wants to get rich quick from naive:( Why this line was up to launch these horrible repainted versions of dinosaurs?...one of the most exclusive lines from Sideshow!!!😠. I repeat the question .... WTF is with you Sideshow???? You ran out of inspiration😱? There are hundreds of species of dinosaurs .... you need advice?😱😨😠😠😠

Well one thing I have noticed is that the older pieces were WAY less expensive. As someone who's just getting into this line this year, I feel robbed when I compare these repaints to the older ones.

I will buy the mosasaur statue day one for sure! I mean the one from chronicle collectibles, and stay far far away from this sideshow reptor head creature.

I`ve read/seen many great stuff about Side Show Collectables.
I`m specific interested in Dinsoaur Figurines. I`ve seen some amazing collections in this topic.
I live in Belgium. First I was looking to import a statue on the official Sideshow Collectables site but the dollar is quit expensive compared to the euro at this time. And no doubt that the import tax won`t make me happy. Luckily I found a good Belgian side who has a bunch in stock.

Now I`ve bought my first ever figurine: the Allosauris Vs Camarasaurus.
Man it has me hooked. It was a lot bigger then I espected. When my dad received the package he thought I`d bought a big speaker or so :). This statue is amazing. I`m allready looking for my next dinosaur statue (probably Spinosaurus). It`s like I feared most likely my next addiction. To bad I missed all of it`s history. A Bunch of great statues are probably not able to buy anymore (I`ve Seen the T-Rex VS Triceratops)

10273251_10153451882746255_2344720376492744113_o.jpg

10557574_10153451882331255_2415439212762805771_o.jpg

11393339_10153451885496255_7133878386767614584_o.jpg

11402699_10153451885346255_4442140806235587856_o.jpg

I will buy the mosasaur statue day one for sure! I mean the one from chronicle collectibles, and stay far far away from this sideshow reptor head creature.

Raptor head? Looks like a Mosasaur to me? :huh

Granted, not a prefect comparison, but one can see that the sculpt follows the lines of the skull. :)

Considering the basic skull structure and close relationship between mosasaurs and terrestrial varanids (monitor lizards, etc.), the head of the Sideshow Mosasaur is actually pretty close to the real thing although it may not be 100% accurate (as we don't know how it truly looked like in real life).

Back