SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus - Link in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo why did you destroy this as opposed to sending it back as you said, or simply reselling? Seems like a colossal waste of money.

Believe me I didnt want to destroy it. I wanted to send it back because I also thought it was huge waste.....but SS told me I should destroy it in order to get a replacment. I didnt feel like reselling it because I didnt want to go through the headache of listing, answering 100 questions, providing more photos, waiting to get the money ect ect....I just wanted another one period.
On the plus side I got to see how it was made by cracking it open. Its pretty heavy duty.

Chris

Did you have to return the pieces as proof ? Believe it or not I know people who could actually repair that and make it look as good as new.. ;)

It's great to know these are super-durable...much more so than I would have thought...hopefully that means some of the pieces won't be falling over in 30-40 years with htat strong support in them.

I really hope the line continues for a good long while...but they need to cut out the price hikes. So far there has been one piece that I've totally and completely disliked...say they expanded to Ice Age mammals..I know people who would love that...but they're not for me...that I would have to skip. However should they expand to marine reptiles or triassic animals..maybe a Dimetrodon, Postosuchus, or for a dino Herrerasaurus perhaps ?

The durability is very reassuring. I'd love to see the rex or carno busted. Those one legged poses make me nervous.

Believe me I didnt want to destroy it. I wanted to send it back because I also thought it was huge waste.....but SS told me I should destroy it in order to get a replacment. I didnt feel like reselling it because I didnt want to go through the headache of listing, answering 100 questions, providing more photos, waiting to get the money ect ect....I just wanted another one period.
On the plus side I got to see how it was made by cracking it open. Its pretty heavy duty.

Chris

I'm not understanding this at all. Sideshow normally does exchanges - you send it back, they send a new one. Why would they tell someone to destroy a product?

It's not uncommon for them to do that with international customers. Shipping is too expensive to be worth it. I thought it only happened with people overseas though.

I'm not understanding this at all. Sideshow normally does exchanges - you send it back, they send a new one. Why would they tell someone to destroy a product?

Same here. Doesn't make sense to me.

Good for you, though, Chris. I still would have resold it because I'm a greedy bastard. :lol

Oh, it was international. That explains why they didn't want to pay for it to be shipped back, but destroyed? Just seems wrong.

I don't think you can sell it, I think they have to see pics of the carnage. Personally I always think its pretty awesome to see them. I remember once someone took pics of their PF Vader. I think they may have even been blow by blow or a video or something. :lol

Did you have to return the pieces as proof ? Believe it or not I know people who could actually repair that and make it look as good as new.. ;)

It's great to know these are super-durable...much more so than I would have thought...hopefully that means some of the pieces won't be falling over in 30-40 years with htat strong support in them.

I really hope the line continues for a good long while...but they need to cut out the price hikes. So far there has been one piece that I've totally and completely disliked...say they expanded to Ice Age mammals..I know people who would love that...but they're not for me...that I would have to skip. However should they expand to marine reptiles or triassic animals..maybe a Dimetrodon, Postosuchus, or for a dino Herrerasaurus perhaps ?

Nope they didnt want the pieces back lol...just wanted pictures that it has been destroyed. I doubt anyone would be able to put this back together. I took pictures of the larger pieces that broke off. But for the most parts when it hit the ground it broke into hundreds of little pieces like glass shards. Even if it was put back together...it wouldnt look the same.

Not sure man...I just did what they asked me to do. They probably didnt mind having one destroyed since they have alot of them laying around...:dunno

Same here. Doesn't make sense to me.

Good for you, though, Chris. I still would have resold it because I'm a greedy bastard. :lol

I got the new one coming next week....if it shows up the same way I'll sell it rather than having to pay the return shipping back to SS :)

Chris

This piece is incredible. :clap

I'd have been so sad if I'd gone through with my earlier plans to cancel this for financial reasons. :eek Thankfully, I saw fit to convert my order to a Flexpay order at the last second (literally, as in, right as I was about to cancel it). It's been a long wait, but I'm glad it's here. A very fitting addition that serves to break up the monotony of the more isolated maquettes.

The Deinosuchus is much larger than I remember it being at SDCC. :panic: I can only imagine how large it would be if the entire creature was out of the water. Most likely, it would be about the same size as the forthcoming Spinosaur.

On with pics!

4685719217_17e532589a_b.jpg

4685718617_429afa78c1_b.jpg

4686350552_83cd4460eb_b.jpg

4686349992_875fc572b1_b.jpg

It's def sweet and grows on you the more you look at it.. ;D

I'd love to have a sort of glass table piece..where this the top and the rest of the animal is beneath the surface. If I was any near talented I would certainly try it..;)

Finally got my replacment today after almost 4 weeks of waiting. Turned out to be even worse than the first. Whoever they are getting to paint these things are getting sloppier with each new piece they come out with. The new one I got has very obvious seams running around the entire head of the croc. The head looks like its assembled in 3 different parts...body/lower jaw/upper jaw. It appears they filled in the seam on the right side of the crocs just with a glue that doesnt even match the color of the rest of the head. Then on the left side they didnt even bother filling it in at all :slap
The blood and paint application is horrible....theirs blood thats two different colors in the same area?
Also the croc middle toe is chipped and painted right over....as if no one was going to notice :gah:
Overall this piece is a huge let down...I have a feeling the next dino pieces will start looking very similar to this one in regards to quality and paint app. But in my honest opinion these are not worth $200+...

pics below...:monkey2

Chris

Last edited:
I don't know bud..it doesn't look too bad to me..the glued areas look to be painted in..the un-glued area..I can't really tell anything much...which one are you most unhappy with..glued or not at all ?

The chip in the toe could be a result of molding..it could even be called a wound if you wanted. The worst area looks to be the lower neck joint but you would have to give it more than a casual glance to see the seam I think.

It's awful you had such a bad experiance..maybe you can you send it back and just get a refund ?

Ya I will be getting a refund...this piece does not compare to the other ones they have released so far. The paint apps are horrible in person and those seams are the first thing that hit your eye. The one issue these all suffer are the polka dots heads :slap....im sorry I've never seen a croc with a polka dot head. The Parasaurolophus patterns painted accross its back are still cheaply done. This whole piece appears to have been painted and sent out the door in under 30 minutes....very sloppy. $250 for this is a pretty huge insult ($320 because im in Canada). If the other pieces being released soon come like this Im gonna have to drop this line. The price just doesnt match the quality.

salt-water-crocodile.jpg

Chris

Back