Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil: Begins

seriously they need to stop with these movies they are crap !

A reboot would be welcome for this series imo. I'd like them to just do the mansion incident with all of the STARS team members.

I wish they'd just reboot this instead of botering with a prequel. Sigh.

if they get a good director and a good story, this new prequel could be the start of a reboot. If this prequel can somehow turn out great, then that makes a good start to turn around the whole thing in a new direction.

Nah, if Alice is in it, it won't be the start of a reboot. Reboot = NO ALICE. She isn't in the games and never should have been in the films. I mean they have 7+ games to pull reference from now and they couldn't use characters that already existed? It would be like making a Mortal Kombat movie and creating a new character to be the main start and fighter :cuckoo:

Omg no alice ? No freaking alice ? yes this movie will have potentail now. People will be confused but who care's, no alice !!!!! The real character finally take the lead.

:monkey4 :yuck UGH. :yuck :monkey4

**** these 'Resident Evil movies' in their stupid asses.

So who besides Ill Jedi is going to the midnight showing? :monkey1 Anyone a bigger fan of these films than him...eh?.....anyone?

**** off Al!!! :D

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/31g0YE61PLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

How can this be a prequel? In the movies, Jill wasn't doing anything until the second movie, the only place something like this would fit in is between the second and third movies.

I expect they'll drastically retcon a lot of character bios and histories. At this point the writers probably won't bother with continuity, because...who cares? The story is ridiculous.

could make for a better movie. but IMO Milla wasn't so much the problem as the writing was.

But with these sorts of things...id doesn't matter how much better these prequels are...it still ends up being the same ____ fest.

Like even if x-men origins wolverine was a great movie, X3 still comes after it. It's pretty bleak.

I expect they'll drastically retcon a lot of character bios and histories. At this point the writers probably won't bother with continuity, because...who cares? The story is ridiculous.

Well Alice and co were in the underground labs majority of the film. I suppose it's possible Jill and the STARS unit investigated the upper part of the mansion while Alice and co were in the labs. I :dunno though, the movies are screwed up as it is so in the end I guess it doesn't matter if they ____ up continuity.

Also re-reading the discription Bio originally posted it says 'Begins' follows Valentine as she deals with the initial viral outbreak in Raccoon City caused by the Umbrella Corporation so I suppose it could also take place a few hour before Alice wakes up in RE2.

Well Alice and co were in the underground labs majority of the film. I suppose it's possible Jill and the STARS unit investigated the upper part of the mansion while Alice and co were in the labs. I :dunno though, the movies are screwed up as it is so in the end I guess it doesn't matter if they ____ up continuity.

Also re-reading the discription Bio originally posted it says 'Begins' follows Valentine as she deals with the initial viral outbreak in Raccoon City caused by the Umbrella Corporation so I suppose it could also take place a few hour before Alice wakes up in RE2.

That's my understanding. There's a good bit of time between the hive opening and Alice waking up. This movie will probably deal with the first outbreak in the city and all that jazz...

That's my understanding. There's a good bit of time between the hive opening and Alice waking up. This movie will probably deal with the first outbreak in the city and all that jazz...

That is how I took it at as well.

I agree with the other dude who said Alice wasn't the problem. It was most definitely the writing and direction they were taking the series. I was 100% ok with the first movie, then it just got out of control. I still enjoyed them for the entertainment they brought though.

Aaargh.. I like afterlife.. and waiting for the sequel.. but they are making prequel instead.. :((
why this news is not an april fools news!

Back