Resident Evil 4 Confirmed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5th movie coming

There will be life after Afterlife.

In a chat with New York Magazine's Vulture blog, actress Milla Jovovich, who plays the zombie-slayin' Alice in the Capcom game-to-film series, vowed that Resident Evil: Afterlife won't be the last entry in the series.

"This new Resident Evil is the first one to ever open at No. 1 worldwide. It's the biggest movie in the franchise," said Jovovich. "So we're definitely going to make another one."

Jovovich, who is married to the film's writer-director, Paul W.S. Anderson, said that her hubby-helmer is already kicking around ideas for the fifth installment: "We've been talking to a lot of fans on Twitter and stuff, so it's probably going to be one of the first movies where we really talk to fans to see what they want, and what characters they want to see. It's going to be a more interactive process."

https://movies.ign.com/articles/111/1119953p1.html

I thought you were talking about why the movies failed? My mistake. Now I don't know what we're talking about :confused:

Ha sorry. I thought the movie failed because they introduced the Las Plagas and didn't do a very good job of explaining I thought. Unless I missed something in the film. I know they said Wesker/Umbrella was experimenting with the virus but they did a bad job tying that together.

Ha sorry. I thought the movie failed because they introduced the Las Plagas and didn't do a very good job of explaining I thought. Unless I missed something in the film. I know they said Wesker/Umbrella was experimenting with the virus but they did a bad job tying that together.

Oh okay gotchya. Yeah they probably could have delved into that a bit better. I remember reading an interview with Anderson, he said it was just a mutation caused by the T-virus it wasn't meant to be an introduction of Las plagas or anything. Doesn't really excuse the lack of explanation in the film..but..yeah...there's something I guess.

You don't have too, no Idea why he's saying that.

Im sorry i thought he meant the video game of RE5, In the game you dont have to play the games from the past to actually get the storyline. But it woudnt hurt you to know some of the story anyway. As for the RE movie's thier not really canon and they just take place in thier own universe.

"it's probably going to be one of the first movies where we really talk to fans to see what they want..."

Well it's about damn time. Here's my suggestion, Mrs. Jovovich: Divorce your current hack of a director/husband and get someone competent to reboot the series. I would not mind if Alice makes a return in the reboot.

Also, get Nic Cage to play at least one character.

I found that wierd aswell. In Re4 you get introduced to them and thier powers but in this one they just show up without any explanation as to were they came from. They just shoved them in to please the fans.

"it's probably going to be one of the first movies where we really talk to fans to see what they want..."

Well it's about damn time. Here's my suggestion, Mrs. Jovovich: Divorce your current hack of a director/husband and get someone competent to reboot the series. I would not mind if Alice makes a return in the reboot.

Also, get Nic Cage to play at least one character.

:lol not a bad suggestion at all...

Cage can play Alfred Ashford...

:lol not a bad suggestion at all...

Cage can play Alfred Ashford...

And Alexia. :wink1:

REDarksideAlexia.png

And Alexia. :wink1:

REDarksideAlexia.png

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I hate how her response to the 5th movie is due to the fact that this RE movie made money. Not because they have already planed a certain amount of releases due to a particular story or arc. I'm unsure but coins...really...

Back