Resident Evil movie Reboot?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your really bad at convincing me your not either Paul w s Anderson or some close relative. I don't think she's iconic. Recognizable yes but not iconic. I think if they rebooted without her nobody would care. They'd be a small out cry maybe but then it'd fizzle out. Resident evil does well without her even if the games are bad now. Make a movie in a mansion or raccoon city and it will sell. Sorry but that's the truth. It's the monsters and lore around re that sell. And the name alone of course.

Now I know your gonna reply with a gif but hey man sorry to say..... the ga really doesn't care as much for Alice as say James Bond for example. She's on par with the girl from underworld. Only a couple people are fans of her.

giphy.gif

Only a couple? :lol not even the Mary Sue Leon could've helped the game franchise. He's now a generic video character. And Selene wishes she was Alice. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your really bad at convincing me your not either Paul w s Anderson or some close relative. I don't think she's iconic. Recognizable yes but not iconic. I think if they rebooted without her nobody would care. They'd be a small out cry maybe but then it'd fizzle out. Resident evil does well without her even if the games are bad now. Make a movie in a mansion or raccoon city and it will sell. Sorry but that's the truth. It's the monsters and lore around re that sell. And the name alone of course.

Now I know your gonna reply with a gif but hey man sorry to say..... the ga really doesn't care as much for Alice as say James Bond for example. She's on par with the girl from underworld. Only a couple people are fans of her.

giphy.gif

I like RE:2 and got the HT doll. But don't thin Alice is iconic at all.

Would like to see a movie based solely on the first RE game.

giphy.gif

Only a couple? :lol not even the Mary Sue Leon could've helped the game franchise. He's now a generic video character. And Selene wishes she was Alice. :lol

I know it's hard to accept but not a lot of people like Alice like you think. If she was popular they'd put her in games. Most re fans hate her and blame the movies for the bad games. These movies are dumb action films, Alice just drives them. It's like saying the characters from transformers movies are iconic and the face of transformers. No people like the world around shai Labeouf's character not him himself. When he left there were a few head scratches but then people got over it. Same with Alice.

Last edited:
Alice is not iconic because video games are not that iconic, and, honestly? If a video game isn't that iconic, then a character from a mediocre video game spin-off certainly isn't. My all time favorite games outside of Batman are The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption, yet, while I would argue that Joel and Ellie and John Marston are, indeed, iconic, within the confines of their particular medium, nobody in the General Public will ever be able to reconcile the popularity of a John Marston with that of, say, The Man With No Name...because video games, sad a story it is to say, are still very much a niche medium. You ask people what they think of when you say "popular video game characters," and nobody's gonna ****ing know who Altair or Kratos are. They'll probably say Mario or Pac-Man, or misattribute Link to being Zelda, as nostalgia has engrained those characters in the public consciousness and time has allowed them to thrive as faces of a brand, more than as game characters, themselves.

So, yeah, I'm with wez on this one. Alice isn't iconic. Resident Evil isn't iconic. Video games, for all intents and purposes, as they exist now: not iconic.

Actually, the more I think of it, from a broad, cultural and historical viewpoint, I would argue that, as they exist, now, all of our contemporary fiction is not iconic. When Superman and Batman endure for a thousand years as the myths of the ancients have, then, I think it's safe to say that they can be considered "icons," but I'd argue that even the dominant storytelling mediums we are presently accustomed to, outside of actual literature and, perhaps, theatre, could not be considered "iconic" as they are still, very much, historically, in their infancy. 100 years may be a good, long life, but, to the world at large, it may as well be a fart in the wind.

Alice is not iconic because video games are not that iconic, and, honestly? If a video game isn't that iconic, then a character from a mediocre video game spin-off certainly isn't. My all time favorite games outside of Batman are The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption, yet, while I would argue that Joel and Ellie and John Marston are, indeed, iconic, within the confines of their particular medium, nobody in the General Public will ever be able to reconcile the popularity of a John Marston with that of, say, The Man With No Name...because video games, sad a story it is to say, are still very much a niche medium. You ask people what they think of when you say "popular video game characters," and nobody's gonna ****ing know who Altair or Kratos are. They'll probably say Mario or Pac-Man, or misattribute Link to being Zelda, as nostalgia has engrained those characters in the public consciousness and time has allowed them to thrive as faces of a brand, more than as game characters, themselves.

So, yeah, I'm with wez on this one. Alice isn't iconic. Resident Evil isn't iconic. Video games, for all intents and purposes, as they exist now: not iconic.

Agreed. While resident evil is a highly recognizable name the characters themselves aren't iconic to anybody but us gamers. Alice is hated in the gaming industry. She's not even on Lara crofts level.

I'm with batfan for the most part. Very hard in society today ford something to have the impact of Mario. Among game fans, over the last 25 years or so, Master Chief and Solid Snake are probably closest, and that's because they predated the true onslaught of information and media we are now constantly bombarded with. In terms of films, if anything would be expected to become iconic you would think something like Avatar which makes a huge buttload of money and leads to the creation of its own theme park. But really it isn't iconic it all. 30 years ago I'm sure it would be up there was Star Wars or something. But it's not just all this information, it's also that everything is so derivative. And of course that applies to something like Avatar. And just about every video game out there now.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3438401/suspected-theyre-going-remake-resident-evil/

10a24bc4b9f1c95dbf304372b9434d80.jpg

"Breaking news came out of Cannes with Martin Moszkowicz, chairman of the board at Constantin Film, did confirm to Variety that a reboot is in development at the giant German production company, which owns rights to the franchise and has produced all of its installments."

Hopefully it's doesn't follow the games from 4-7.

Either do direct copies of the games, or don't bother at all. All the leg work for writing is already there basically.

It would be something seeing practical effects of a Hunter in the Mansion :lol but doubtful.

Back