Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone.

Does anyone, who has bought the 3d version of Retribution, know if the 2d blu is included or if it's 3d only? I'm trying to keep my blu ray collection future proof by picking up the 3d disc when they have the 2d blu's as well.

At the very least I do know that the 3d is two discs, but I havent had a chance to get the store and check out the case or find any real clarifying statements online as to it's disc types (i.e. digital copy disc, special features, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

The 3D 2-disc edition is one blu ray disc with the 2D and the 3D movie (you select which one you want to watch) and the second disc is special features. The special features can apparently be watched in 3D (deleted scenes, gag real, making of featurettes).

Inside the case there is a code for the ultraviolet copy that you access from your sonypictures or vudu accounts.

If you buy the 5 movie blu-ray box set for around $60-$70 there is a single ultraviolet code that gives you access to all five films (which is a pretty good deal since the old movies don't have ultraviolet copies in the cases and getting them from the online retailers costs anywhere from $15-$20.

Ahhh. I see. With the positive video and audio quality reviews it's been getting that I'm surprised they fit both versions on one disc.

Thanks so much for your help. They don't make it very clear on Amazon.

Unfortunately it's too late for me to buy the "quintology". I bought the blu ray when it was only the three movie collection.

Thanks again!!!

Same here, I bought the box set when the first half of the trilogy was completed when it was originally intended to end with Extinction.

But if they go all out and release an awesome box set with extended cuts for Afterlife, Retribution and the untitled sixth film with an awesome case package like the Japanese got for the five movie set then I'd gladly re-buy the movies against in a box set form.

I know Afterlife will be rereleased at some point because Milla tweeted a video of her, Boris and Paul doing the commentary track for Retribution and she said that they were about to do a commentary track for Afterlife. So if they aren't going to release it again they wouldn't have had a reason to record a commentary track for the film. Paul also did an interview before the release of Retribution and said there is definitely material their for an extended cut with more talking.

Don't think Paul will find work after these movies are done. Still this movies surprisingly stayed true to the core material better than tdkr did. Lol

Don't think Paul will find work after these movies are done. Still this movies surprisingly stayed true to the core material better than tdkr did. Lol

Trust me he will find plenty of work. I remember how he said once in an interview that all these studios and people kept wanting him to do more game adaptations for them, he had to turn some of them down. For some reason even if his movies are complete **** people wanted to hire him to do more adaptations

Trust me he will find plenty of work. I remember how he said once in an interview that all these studios and people kept wanting him to do more game adaptations for them, he had to turn some of them down. For some reason even if his movies are complete **** people wanted to hire him to do more adaptations

So he's the next Uwe Boll? :confused: :lol

Heard he might do monster hunter lets see how that turns out.

Just don't let him touch halo. His wife will end up being master chief.

Lord I hope not. He can continue making Resident Evil sequels for eternity, just don't let him touch Halo.

2rxhbtw.jpg

Based on what? He just wrote and produced a hit movie. Other directors that can't get a hit to save their lives are being asked to start new projects constantly and hes stringing hit after hit. You're conclusion seems a little off imo.

Last edited:
Holy ****! I finally got around to seeing Retribution and wow, it was awesome!!! Hands down the best of the series (for me at least).

Bringing in some of the video game characters was truly awesome, Leon and Ada were awesome and kicked major *** :rock

I can't wait for the next instalment, the ending was pretty intense! :clap

I love this series so much, I hope the next film isn't the last :(

Based on what? He just wrote and produced a hit movie. Other directors that can't get a hit to save their lives are being asked to start new projects constantly and hes stringing hit after hit. You're conclusion seems a little off imo.

Hit after hit? Yea he made mortal kombat which is alright and others but he makes ****ty movies. Resident evil is a hit Becuase it's some dumb action flick. Nobody takes the movies seriously. Yea I think he won't find that many projects after this. He's better then bowell but that's not saying much. I'm sure he made good movies but based on what I've seen in these terrible re movies he won't get like huge projects.

Back