The Matrix Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are brothers if they like it or not.

chewing-alpaca-stabilized-o.gif

I'm interested in seeing what they can do with this. I just read they're eyeing Michael B Jordan, sounds like a good choice for reincarnated Neo.

I just hope it's a sort of disguised "reboot" and it's really a continuation of the story, only in the following "cycle" after the first trilogy.

Inb4 I start to read "only da 1st one was gud!" Edit: too late :slap

I like MBJ. Dunno what this means for Killmonger though...

Oh, and... Only the first one was... kinda good. I never liked the Matrix that much. :monkey3

Konoyarrrro! :cuss

I wonder if they'll bring Trapchowski brothers back, I don't think I trust anyone other than them to tackle this. If there's a series for which a reboot can have narrative significance, is the Matrix.

I wonder if they'll bring Trapchowski brothers back, I don't think I trust anyone other than them to tackle this. If there's a series for which a reboot can have narrative significance, is the Matrix.

I love The Matrix Trilogy, still don't understand the hate for the sequels, they're better than 90% of the summer blockbusters we're getting these days, but I don't think I want the Wachowski's returning. They seem to have gone off the deep end, I can imagine they'd make every main character resemble someone out of Club Hell.

I don't really want them doing anything with the series unless a good director with a vision actually has a story to tell, they really can tell any story they want after Revolutions, or even before the first movie.

I hope Michael B Jordan isn't apart of the franchise though, I think he's an extremely mediocre actor, and doesn't have the likability that Keanu has.

The article said they wont... they want someone fresh

After Speed Racer, I don't know what to make of the Wachowskis. Their creativity has taken them in strange directions, both on film and in real life.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new vision of the Matrix. I don't think anyone can beat the first Matrix... but that's really all there is to that world worth re-watching (maybe the 2nd half of Reloaded too), so there's room to grow.

I liked the sequels. I thought they were fine.

Reboots/re-imaginings/etc are really boring. The original Matrix was a truly groundbreaking sci-fi action movie. That's a word that gets thrown around too much, but really think back to spring of 99 when we saw that in the theater. Nobody was expecting that. It completely stole Episode One's thunder. The sequels could never live up to that. It's like when a band has to try to follow up an insanely good debut album. I thought they did fine considering the kinds of expectations people had.

So now, we'll do it all over again, with the guy from Friday Night Lights/Creed who pouts a lot....he'll wake up. It's the next iteration of the Matrix. This time conveniently programmed to be about 20 years later from the first one so people have smart phones instead of flip phones. Neo Neo will wake up and do all the same stuff, lots of kung fu, fall in love...yawn.

Why bother?

I liked the sequels. I thought they were fine.

Same. The first film is great. The sequels have some really good action and they're interesting in their own right. Third film has too much focus on Zion and characters I didn't care for, but the battle scenes were still cool.

Back