Resident Evil movie Reboot?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Project_A

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3438401/suspected-theyre-going-remake-resident-evil/

10a24bc4b9f1c95dbf304372b9434d80.jpg

"Breaking news came out of Cannes with Martin Moszkowicz, chairman of the board at Constantin Film, did confirm to Variety that a reboot is in development at the giant German production company, which owns rights to the franchise and has produced all of its installments."

Hopefully it's doesn't follow the games from 4-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let it die. It isn't like the concept is all that distinctive and brilliant. And those terrible films certainly don't warrant being revisited.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I thought the last one was supposed to be the las- oh never mind, I'm probably thinking of Transformers or Fast & the Furious. :rolleyes2

Common guy; dad directed, mom was the lead, daughter played supporting character. It's clearly family business. How else can they pay the gas bill then? :rotfl

They should have stuck to the story from the beginning

Game story is trash now. The only story worth mentioning is maybe zero, 1-3 and Code Veronica. Rest of the game series is meh...

Well no more Alice then. Can't wait for that. Make a remake centered around the mansion . That's it.

Well no more Alice then. Can't wait for that. Make a remake centered around the mansion . That's it.

It won't! :lol

I'm okay with it following the first games after that no! Even those CGI movies are so over top action! It's ridiculous! But I guess they can get away with it!

Let it die.

I'm sure it will as soon as the first low budget Milla-less movie arrives in theaters and then disappears a week later. I don't care one way or another. RE and Underworld were two films I watched in the theater when the originals came out and then they've been nothing more than the occasional TV spot when a sequel comes and quickly goes.

I think as far as movie going audiences are concerned you're probably right. Without her the RE franchise is pretty much indistinguishable from anything else in the genre.

giphy.gif

Sorry, but Alice is iconic.

Your really bad at convincing me your not either Paul w s Anderson or some close relative. I don't think she's iconic. Recognizable yes but not iconic. I think if they rebooted without her nobody would care. They'd be a small out cry maybe but then it'd fizzle out. Resident evil does well without her even if the games are bad now. Make a movie in a mansion or raccoon city and it will sell. Sorry but that's the truth. It's the monsters and lore around re that sell. And the name alone of course.

Now I know your gonna reply with a gif but hey man sorry to say..... the ga really doesn't care as much for Alice as say James Bond for example. She's on par with the girl from underworld. Only a couple people are fans of her.

Back