Media Resident Evil 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had some good villains. Even the minor ones used to be good. Chief Irons, Nicholai, Krauser... heck even Alfred was good. All of them succeeded at making you hate them for the right reason. I hated all the villains in RE6 because they were terribly written and just all around awful. Ustanak was fine but he's not too hard to write for :lol

But...without Wesker...yeah I kind of just dont care anymore. He was the mastermind, he was the reason. Wesker IS the evil resident

:exactly:

I did like all the villains leading up to RE6. Simmons and Carla was so shallow as characters that you honestly didn't give enough of a **** about them to even hate them.

Ustanak probably was the only new character I enjoyed in RE6, although he still pales in comparison to how nerve racking it was when dealing with and hiding from Nemesis.

Alfred was a comic relief villain imo, a spoiled brat, but yes, I did hate him for the right reasons. Everyone else was decent. Simmons...I don't even remember his motivations :lol Carla was just pathetic imo

Plissken is right, Wesker is the Vader of this series. And let's not talk about Chris, ugh...even in 5 to an extent he was ok, but 6? I don't even understand why the loss of his three men would toll more heavily than the loss of Jill. Also speaking of tha,t did anyone read any of the theories on tvtropes on why Jill wasn't in 6? :rotfl

Honestly the RE fanbase that tolerates the new games, and even prefers the new Chris (Seriously he had the best campaign in 6? GTFO) aren't true fans in my opinion or don't know what they're talking about. I don't follow reviews but I follow scores, and 6 consistently has the worst scores of any game in the series, not counting ports. And even then, the ports had better scores.

Leon has overall, the best campaign. But that doesn't say much, it turned into dog **** once you get to the underground of the Church. The streets of Tall Oaks was awesome, so nostalgic of RE2.

Jake/Sherry had the best all around campaign. Leon/Helenas first couple of chapters were the best part of the game. The rest of it was very "ugh please be over soon". It had very drawn out and boring boss fights. The T-rex? jesus what a boring boss fight. Simmons on the train? Uuuuuugh no moar! Chris/Piers was a fun campaign, but not very RE. Just run and gun for the most part.

I saw and watched most of Tall Oaks Streets at E3 long ago, it looked pretty good actually. I had hope, but it crashed and burned.

This sums up Chris/Piers campaign for me.

OJ6kR5N.jpg

:lol :lol :lol I do not feel sorry for them. After the crap fest that was RE6 I'm surprised Capcom didn't go bankrupt. :lol also that new devil may cry game didn't help. Maybe an re2-re3 remake can save them. Naughty Dog should buy them out.

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

:lol :lol :lol I do not feel sorry for them. After the crap fest that was RE6 I'm surprised Capcom didn't go bankrupt. :lol also that new devil may cry game didn't help. Maybe an re2-re3 remake can save them. Naughty Dog should buy them out.

Wouldn't bother me. We'd get a well balanced and polished game.

Resident Evil 2 remake would be awesome! So long as it's nothing like RE6 and sticks to the RE2 theme. Survival Horror. Not a run and gun shooter with cut scenes every 3mins.
I really don't know where RE7 could go after the turdfest that is RE6.

Capcom has been hounded by fans for years to touch on RE2, and at this point with their idiotic developers I'm sure it would be another run and gun, explosions and zombies with guns game.

What about Sherry and Jake? :lol

I'll glad tell you about Sherry and jakes campaign. A big ass middle finger to the RE fan base. I really enjoyed playing as some wanna be badass shaved head idiot spouting cliche one liners in the face of danger. I liked sherry but they could of dug alittle bit deeper into her character instead of making her the chick this jake guy had to save. Lets not forget she ultimately saves him from himself at the end. I almost threw the hell up watch that.

Then we have Ustanak who could of had so much potential to be a great nemesis part to but instead every scene he's in is either staged or your fighting him with a group of people. No to mention that stupid ass mortal kombat thing they put in between him and Jake. Seriously?

On top of that we have motorcycle chases, tanks running after you, taking down helicopters and kung fu fighting.... You know cuz thats definatly what I want when I play a resident evil game.

Leon's campaign was good but once you get to china everything turns to **** real quick and I mean real quick. In such a large large place surrounded by zombies you should feel in danger but ya dont. Hell you pretty much run while a large explosion of cars chases you, you hop into a helicopter and crash into various buildings. The team behind 6 should be fired. Whew!!

The new devil may cry game was probably an even bigger finger to the fans than RE6. Why take a great series thats rich with story and reboot it into some hipster ****** fest. I was actually ok with the design of dante and the reboot at first but then I played the game and his attitude was awful and the characters were wannabe edgy idiots.
I say reboot the RE franchise starting with 2 and go from there. Created a different world.

Back