Red Dead Redemption

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:horror

You usin voodoo magic mon!

It may not matter I guess, I just remember when I was hunting the horses I read that, and I just happened to find them in that exact order so I figured it was right.

That's definitely not right, I got War first as well. I like that the radius they give you for something mythic being is in the area is pretty generous.

I remember awhile back there was talk of maybe this game being turned into a movie - perhaps it was just wishful thinking on everyone's part....but I've changed my mind about who I think would be perfect for Marston:
deadwood-timothy-olyphant10.jpg

Timothy Olyphant would be my first choice.

Finally got this for Christmas!!
Awesome game!!! My wife and me are addicted to it!!
:rock!!

So this week we finally made it to Mexico,
my wife and I alternate missions, or until we get killed...
Been roaming Nuevo Paraíso for the last couple of days!

It's awesome!! But the wolves there are vicious and there's a LOT of them!!
Having a blast!!

I look forward to Undead once we finish this one up!!
:panic:

Gonna start another Play-through. Cause well, the game is just that good. Any tips from folks that have do so? Do things any different?

I don't get this game at all. The story is non-existant, but it's presented as a story-driven game. I didn't know why I was doing half the crap I was doing until about 10 hours into the thing.

The virtual world created by this game is pretty amazing though, and it's tons of fun just to ride around and see what it has to offer. I love the random encounters.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't get this game at all. The story is non-existant, but it's presented as a story-driven game. I didn't know why I was doing half the crap I was doing until about 10 hours into the thing.

The virtual world created by this game is pretty amazing though, and it's tons of fun just to ride around and see what it has to offer. I love the random encounters.

Spoiler Spoiler:

There should be a few more missions you do with your family...and then the BIG finale.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Kabukiman
Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks guys, I'll keep going! :duff

I'm really looking forward to to Undead Nightmare, should PSN ever come back up...

Do any of you guys still play this online? PS3?

[/SPOILER]

Really?! I thought the story was classic western. Could have been a follow up to Once Upon a Time in the West. Even had elements similar to 3:10 to Yuma.

I've at 100% for the single player and doing it all again.

I thought the story was classic western.

I agree with this now that I know what the story is, but the way it was presented was pretty poor, imo. The player doesn't discover what the story is until late in the game, and it still isn't very clear until you get to Blackwater.

The story frustrated me a little as the set up with a little too vague. The booklet revealed the most, but wasnt sure who Marsten was and was NOT looking for. Took a while before i 'got it'

Hoping La Noire story is a bit more clear from the start

Weird, unless I'm misremembering something, I thought a good amount was explained through his conversations with Bonnie.

Funny you should mention conversations with Bonnie. That was one point where I just about threw in the towel. There is a point in the game that Bonnie basically asks "What's the point of this game?" and John replies "I'm not going to tell you."

Bonnie: Good. Ah, come in, come in. You know, you never did tell me how you
met that Bill Williamson or what you wanted from him.

Marston: No, miss, I did not.

Bonnie: Well, why not? If you don't mind me asking.

Marston: I certainly don't mind you asking, if you don't mind me not telling.
See, it's a complicated and somewhat pathetic tale, and by telling
you, not only would I be putting your life in danger, but also
threatening lives of some people I hold very dear.

She does get more out of him, but John answers in riddles. You get to finally find out who the heck John is in "Women and Cattle", but you still don't really know why you're hunting Williamson, or who sent you.

Back