Action Figure VTS TOYS : 1/6 Wilderness Rider (VM-026) from Red Dead Redemption 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bounty hunter and the bandit...

50958889993_2a82df2cec_o.jpg

50959591601_7fe20d2fb1_o.jpg

Did you buy two sets, or did you just build another using a spare body?

Just one set.

For months I've had a second figure partly made up from a TTM19 style body, HT Wolverine trousers, DiD German riding boots and a Redman Martin Riggs shirt.

As there's only one VTS gun belt between them, I gave it to the kitbashed figure since it would be more on display. The bandit (John Marston) has a Sideshow Raiders Indiana Jones gun belt.

Thanks. :)

I kicked Django off that shelf, and brought in the two Hateful Eight figures to accompany the wintery Arthur.

I don't really know much about the game, but I always envisaged this figure primarily making a bandit, and secondarily a tracker/bounty hunter in the Death Hunt kind of mould. I never expected the coonskin cap to work as well as it does, because it looked so funny in the promo images.

Sounds like this figure has arrived Stateside as well, I should be receiving mine next week.

Dean Knight posted a long review of the set today:

[video=youtube;kVqp2yOZeJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR1KrBSSC-PAwyWxi4XncUzU0NSeE6dLm_f-JlN9JkXRswuNDnaoJp4y7a4&v=kVqp2yOZeJA&feature=yout u.be[/video]

You also get to read the tiny script on the various items without resorting to a magnifying glass. lol

i preordered mine from Toy Origin I saw that alot of people were getting theirs and posting unboxings on YouTube and i was being a bit impatient i saw that Toy Origin didn't have it in stock still so I emailed them and they said that they didn't get any word of release yet from the supplier and that they would let people know when they get word I'm mostly impatient with figure releases/package arrivals lol but things take time especially now Does anyone else own the figure in this thread and if so is it possible you can post some pics if that's all right?

I got mine yesterday, and after spending some time with it, I'm somewhat 'meh' about it. To be upfront, I really only ordered this and the LIM version in the hopes that it would show enough support to get a John Martson made. I was mostly trying to vote with my wallet than buy a figure of a character that I enjoyed, so that made me a bit more 'impartial' in my thoughts, to put it diplomatically. I have no passion for the figure that would otherwise blind me to its shortcomings.

RIght off the bat, I noticed that the shirt and pants were fastened with velcro, which is one of my pet peeves about figures, particularly because the velcro always peeks out at the top, and really kills the realism. You can see it in the BBICN pictures earlier in the thread, but I didn't notice it initially. It's been so long since I've gotten a figure with clothing affixed with velco, I thought the hobby had moved past that. So it was disappointing to see that here.

The other thing that jumped out at me was the Arthur headsculpt, and how they sculpted the hair to fit under the hat. It makes the whole head look unnatural. I think the John headsculpt looks better. Of course the head looks better with the hat on, but the head still looks pretty generic.

The spurs are a pain to deal with, you've got to find a good pose, then put plug the spurs into the boots last. If you futz with the figure with the spurs plugged in, they'll pop off and you'll have to plug them back in.

I also wish they'd have fully-kitted Arthur out with ammo. To include dynamite, a coonskin cap, a fishing pole, and all that other stuff, to then only include five shotgun shells on a belt that can hold 32 is disappointing.

I do like the assortment of hands, but I wish there would have been gloved fists. I'd trade in the fishing pole for a pair of gloved fists.

Originally, I was going to make light of how they included a fish that was sculpted as though it was swimming, as opposed to a fish that was laying flat, as though it had been caught. As if someone would pose Arthur fishing with a fish on his line. But then I discovered VTS had gone to the lengths of actually including a long enough fishing line with an attached lure, which is surprising and somewhat amusing ... although it does not appear that you can actually attach the fish to the line at all.

I appreciate the two-piece boot sculpt. Posing is slightly easier with the ankle joint only slightly restricted, though the point is somewhat moot as the pants are tight enough to restrict a good range of leg articulation.

I also wish they'd have fully-kitted Arthur out with ammo. To include dynamite, a coonskin cap, a fishing pole, and all that other stuff, to then only include five shotgun shells on a belt that can hold 32 is disappointing.

I didn't like the bandolier due to the vinyl material. It didn't want to hang right so I didn't use it.

Another reason was that the cartridges look too modern for either RDR2 (1899) or RDR (1911). Or more particularly, since I'm not regarding mine as figures representing the game, too modern for what I want.

In the game, as far as I know, they were brass apart from some special anniversary edition when they were red. VTS therefore likely just used the shotgun cartridges they already had from other VTS and DAM figures.

Paper cases became more common from the mid-1870s, but they swelled when wet.

By 1895 waterproofing paper hulls were quite effective when Eley produced the Pegamoid case. This featured five layers of paper, bonded with water-resistant adhesive.

Eley Grand Prix Cartridges...launched in 1903, was the fore-runner of the modern shotgun cartridge. The original Grand Prix had a plain orange case...

The cases started off orange but during the 1930s they changed to red, green and yellow. Likely a temporary measure when orange was not available.

Cartidges_5.jpg

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/guns/ammunition/shotgun-cartridge-history-108308

The VTS cartridges could be painted orange to put them better into the later period, or better still painted brass:

m99_jpg__57496.1521560011.jpg

SwedishHeat said:
Originally, I was going to make light of how they included a fish that was sculpted as though it was swimming, as opposed to a fish that was laying flat, as though it had been caught. As if someone would pose Arthur fishing with a fish on his line. But then I discovered VTS had gone to the lengths of actually including a long enough fishing line with an attached lure, which is surprising and somewhat amusing ... although it does not appear that you can actually attach the fish to the line at all.

I think they might have sculpted it for him to hold in two hands. Other than that it looks like it's stuffed and ready to be mounted as a trophy for the cabin wall. lol

That's an awesome western spot you got there partner!

No doubt there will be more re-arranging when the LiM figures arrive, as there's three stragglers that didn't fit on that shelf: Jonah Hex, an evil Jonah Hex with a Robin Lord Taylor sculpt, and Django (Unchained). Though I wish the latter was Franco Nero's Django!

Django.jpg

Dean Knight posted a long review of the set today:

[video=youtube;kVqp2yOZeJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR1KrBSSC-PAwyWxi4XncUzU0NSeE6dLm_f-JlN9JkXRswuNDnaoJp4y7a4&v=kVqp2yOZeJA&feature=yout u.be[/video]

That's a stellar review. I love VTS. Great brand and I've yet to be disappointed. Glad to have pulled the trigger on this. Get mine this week.

Different aside: anyone know the music he plays in the background toward the end of the review (like minutes 42-44)? It's good background music.

I didn't like the bandolier due to the vinyl material. It didn't want to hang right so I didn't use it.

Another reason was that the cartridges look too modern for either RDR2 (1899) or RDR (1911). Or more particularly, since I'm not regarding mine as figures representing the game, too modern for what I want.

In the game, as far as I know, they were brass apart from some special anniversary edition when they were red. VTS therefore likely just used the shotgun cartridges they already had from other VTS and DAM figures.

Paper cases became more common from the mid-1870s, but they swelled when wet.

Cartidges_5.jpg

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/guns/ammunition/shotgun-cartridge-history-108308

The VTS cartridges could be painted orange to put them better into the later period, or better still painted brass:

m99_jpg__57496.1521560011.jpg

I think they might have sculpted it for him to hold in two hands. Other than that it looks like it's stuffed and ready to be mounted as a trophy for the cabin wall. lol

No doubt there will be more re-arranging when the LiM figures arrive, as there's three stragglers that didn't fit on that shelf: Jonah Hex, an evil Jonah Hex with a Robin Lord Taylor sculpt, and Django (Unchained). Though I wish the latter was Franco Nero's Django!

Django.jpg

A Franco Nero Django would be crazy cool.

Any retailers still have this in? I looked around a bit but couldn't find any, just on eBay. What did this originally retail for? I'm getting Lim but decided building three figures from the two sets would be kinda fun.

That's a stellar review. I love VTS. Great brand and I've yet to be disappointed. Glad to have pulled the trigger on this. Get mine this week.

Different aside: anyone know the music he plays in the background toward the end of the review (like minutes 42-44)? It's good background music.

Man this fig looks awesome!

Great pics! That last one scares the hell out of me though. I’d be so scared he’d fall lol

Back