Playstation Vita Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Playstation Vita (formerly PSP2/NGP - $250)

At least $15 per month. Using AT&T's 3g plan for iPad2 as a point of inference, 15 bones will probably be the lowest going rate.

I dont really get 3G. i mean you have to pay for the internet and then another charge for better internet access?

The main attraction is good internet anywhere right? What about secure networks with a password? do you need to be in a 3G area? what if you on a train, bus or in a car and moving between signals?

I'm no expert in cellular technologies, but yeah I assume that the main draw of 3G for most folks is relatively fast internet access anywhere within the coverage area of your service carrier (which can be very broad and encompassing, so being on a moving vehicle isn't an issue).

I prefer not to pay a monthly subscription for 3G service. I'd rather just wait to do my downloads/gaming and what not on my Wifi, or another secured network.

I'm not willing to pay another monthly fee either. I'm pretty sure the Wi-Fi version is what I'll be going with come the release day.

At least $15 per month. Using AT&T's 3g plan for iPad2 as a point of inference, 15 bones will probably be the lowest going rate.

$15 per month is the cost of the 200 MB plan. There's also a 2 GB plan for $25, and a 4 GB plan for $45:

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/data-plans.jsp

But, quite frankly, none of these plans are going to cut it. By just downloading one game, a person could potentially exceed their data cap for the entire month, and go into overage fees. That said, I think it's best to go with the wifi version of the Vita. Or, you can also go for the 3G version without a data plan, and drop down to an Edge connection. Although, Edge is extremely slow.

3G probably isn't worth it. Since most people will probably be playing alone. For me the only places I go have wi-fi access anyways.

i wanna get the 3g version just to have the full version of the system but i would never pay monthly for a games consoles internet :S. i wanna get an iphone, id imagine that enough

besides i got a psp go specifically for the small size, i would've never got a psp in the first place if they hadn't made em lol

Games in the UK are starting to be priced at £39.99 which is £10 too much.

Why get Uncharted for Vita for the same or more price than Uncharted 3.

i like the vita loads, but if this goes i may skip it, or buy game three months after release when they are lowered to a fairer price.

I don't think the Vita games will be priced the same as console games

im sure they'll be £35 max. it just doesn't make sense for them to be priced the same as ps3 titles. at the same time though, they can feature full game experiences like the ps3 though.

I think the games will come at a range of quality from small to huge so that will impact the prices aswell.

what im wondering is how much the games from Kojma Productions will cost seeing as their plan is to transfer the same game saves back and forth between the consoles, because who really wants to buy the same game twice?

Well I doubt that feature would make the game cost more. And I doubt they'd sell the two different copies of the game together. It's probably mostly for people who got the PSP version of the game already and wanted to get the PS3 version and move their save game over.

Amazon has a Silent Hill PSVITA game listed as £39.68 and the big upcoming
Tomb Raider Reboot on the PS3 at £37.91 and Uncharted 3 at £38.91

PRICING FAIL!!!!!!
esrb-fail.jpg

I won't be getting this is the games are more than the big boy Console releases.

Last edited:

The new Uncharted title is all the motivation I need to pick one of these up. I really hope they incorporate trophies with this handheld though. I know they're pointless, but I kinda dig 'em.

The new Uncharted title is all the motivation I need to pick one of these up. I really hope they incorporate trophies with this handheld though. I know they're pointless, but I kinda dig 'em.

I like whoring out some trophies/achievements too.

64nh2p.jpg

Looks good, anyone know if Sony will come out with Kill zone?
I see SF Super and that will be a must have

Back