Playstation Vita Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Playstation Vita (formerly PSP2/NGP - $250)

Not bad, but I'll wait for the price to go down or something. Birthday or X-Mas gift? :|

zoolander-mugatu-happy.gif

Last edited:

^As usual, there should be a price drop in a year or less, after release. I can see this selling for $199 around fall of 2012.

Yep... no rush here. Usually the first models have defects and blah, blah, blah.

Amazon is already taking pre-orders

Wi-Fi Only: [ame="https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-WiFi-Sony-PSP/dp/B003O6EATE/ref=amb_link_356523502_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0KNRAZG670GVGMJBMM2C&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1301503982&pf_rd_i=B004L5MYJA"]Amazon.com: PlayStation Vita - WiFi: Video Games[/ame]

3G: [ame="https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-3G-WiFi-Sony-PSP/dp/B004L5MYJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1307421790&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: PlayStation Vita - 3G/WiFi: Video Games[/ame]

$250?? That is insane. How much is Sony eating on every console?

I just don't have a purpose for a portable device. My phone is more than enough for gaming here and there.

Granted this is a nice device. I just wouldn't use it. I certainly am not going to sit on my couch and use it when I have my consoles.

I'll definitely be picking this up at some point. I wonder if they'll be incorporating trophies this time around? Not a huge deal, but it seems like a no brainer with all the tech packed into this device.

I just don't have a purpose for a portable device. My phone is more than enough for gaming here and there.

Granted this is a nice device. I just wouldn't use it. I certainly am not going to sit on my couch and use it when I have my consoles.

My main issue with phones as a gaming device is that the controls just don't work. Unless it's something using touch controls specifically, there's no good gaming setup. The on-screen joystick is a joke.

Mainly for this I'm looking at the graphics

shopto have the wifi version listed at £228.85 in UK

Re: Playstation Vita

God knows I hate AT&T with a vengeance :lol.

I think everyone does. Once my current contract is up with my iPhone I'm going straight to Verizon to get another one.

~~With the Vita, I'm definitely going to hold off on buying this one. I got the PSP on day one, and no games interested me for the longest time so I had it sitting on the shelf.

My main issue with phones as a gaming device is that the controls just don't work. Unless it's something using touch controls specifically, there's no good gaming setup. The on-screen joystick is a joke.

Mainly for this I'm looking at the graphics

The on-screen joystick IS a joke, and I couldn't agree with you more. I have an LG G2X (or Optimus 2X as its called in Europe), but I never use the thing for gaming. It's annoying when my hands have to cover a quarter of the screen just to play something. Plus, smart phones in general already suffer from short battery lives, and using games will only speed up the drain even further.

Another point: the best mobile graphics processor on the market, at the moment, is the Tegra 2 from Nvidia (my LG G2x has it). But, the graphics that are delivered from this chip-set looks out-dated when compared to old PC graphics cards from eight years ago. But, maybe that's acceptable for mobile gaming :lol.

The on-screen joystick IS a joke, and I couldn't agree with you more. I have an LG G2X (or Optimus 2X as its called in Europe), but I never use the thing for gaming. It's annoying when my hands have to cover a quarter of the screen just to play something. Plus, smart phones in general already suffer from short battery lives, and using games will only speed up the drain even further.

Another point: the best mobile graphics processor on the market, at the moment, is the Tegra 2 from Nvidia (my LG G2x has it). But, the graphics that are delivered from this chip-set looks out-dated when compared to old PC graphics cards from eight years ago. But, maybe that's acceptable for mobile gaming :lol.

The Vita will be top graphics for now. But Nvidia is already preparing Tegra 3 hardware that will be much more powerful

but--the thing about phones is that phones also have a lot more going on that can slow things down. So it is better to have a gaming devoted device.

Re: Playstation Vita

I think everyone does. Once my current contract is up with my iPhone I'm going straight to Verizon to get another one.

~~With the Vita, I'm definitely going to hold off on buying this one. I got the PSP on day one, and no games interested me for the longest time so I had it sitting on the shelf.

Yeah, my PSP is also pretty much a paper weight. I bought it in 2007 to play MGS Portable Ops, and when I finished the game two weeks later, I left it inside my desk, and I didn't touch it for another three years until Peace Walker came out in 2010.

Hopefully, the Vita will have a strong line-up of games. But, since the device is priced at only $250 (same as the 3DS), and considering all of the capabilities that it has, I don't see a reason for why 3rd party devs wouldn't want to make games for it.

The Vita will be top graphics for now. But Nvidia is already preparing Tegra 3 hardware that will be much more powerful

but--the thing about phones is that phones also have a lot more going on that can slow things down. So it is better to have a gaming devoted device.

Yeah, that's true. I had to download an "app killer" from the android market, just to force stop on some of the background processes that seemed to slow down my browser.

And, by the way, Tegra 3?! Man, that was fast. But, it's good that they're trying to improve the technology -- I'm honestly not impressed by the performance of Tegra 2 :(.

Oooh, the more i read the more i get excited for this, there will be a bioshock game for the vita, i saw it on a banner of the IGN video of the street fighter x tekken vita gameplay.

SF x TK
Uncharted
Bioshock

Thats a great start for me, if devs show good support for this device, i might get it :)

Last edited:

I cant seem to fimd much info how games will be sold, now i assume you can buy games off the PSN, but i have two issues with this

1. With the PSN hack do they really want people to only be able to buy games from an online store that has proven to be a target.

2. Download-only games never seem to have competitive pricing, this weeks PSN update proves that with Infamous 2 being £50 on the store and around £37 in retails stores, (soon to go down in price)

So the PSV may seem to have a decent price for the Unit itself, but factor in the cost of the games if they are download-only without competitive pricing and i bet it'll be worse off.

I hope that with them stating flash-based games cards, that it means they will be sold in-stores.

^Was it confirmed that the games on the Vita would be download only? I guess that's probably what it's going to be though. Kinda sucks, since I like having physical disks and buying used games from time to time.

Last edited:
Back