Nintendo 2DS Handheld System

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the 2DS is kind of retro looking like the Wii Mini.

nintendo-wii-mini.jpg

I really dig the red/white one. No flip kinda sucks, it's gonna be tough to put in your pocket, and the screen might get scratched in storage.

Kids have backpacks though, so maybe that's what they were thinking.

What's also funny is the back of the 2DS has a decorative line across the middle, almost to make it look like it flips. It's like a giant, thick, wedge shaped iPad/Leapfrog thingy... I guess they're aiming at a younger audience and lower income parents? Still the price is too high; should have been under $100 for sure as those above have said. Losing arguably the two biggest features of the 3DS for a 30%ish price cut isn't a good trade IMO

They don't need to go that low because they have Pokemon coming soon. They'll sell the **** out of the 3DS once that comes out. I'm surprised they didn't hold this until after the game released.

It's being released the same day as Pokemon X and Y.

I agree with much that has already been said.

I like the idea of it. It's essentially a DS that doesn't close, but looks way too bulky for my taste. If it would have closed, I'll admit that I'd be a little jealous. I got a 3DS XL back in June for dirt cheap (IMO), but rarely use the 3D capability. Overall, I really like the 3DS XL though and can't complain. More than exceeded my expectations.

This is great for an entry-level gamer, especially from the price point. I think it could have been cheaper, but it's still appealing from that aspect.

But again, I go back to the non-closing design. I don't like that at all. This isn't something you're going to throw in your pocket like a 3DS. That's an issue for people like me.

Well that announcement came out of nowhere. I actually thought this was a joke at first. I'm sure it's target audience (young kids) will love it but I'll stick with my 3DS XL. :lecture

So this system actually only has one screen. The rest of the screen is covered by the system and technically the top screen is a touchscreen too. They have an extra thick piece of plastic covering the top screen to stop you from touching it.

So this system actually only has one screen. The rest of the screen is covered by the system and technically the top screen is a touchscreen too. They have an extra thick piece of plastic covering the top screen to stop you from touching it.

Interesting design choice. The thick plastic layer over the top screen will add an extra layer of protection, too, no doubt.

I'm still going to touch it. :monkey1

Back