Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so. The bookends are decent plastic statues, the DLC items are nice, and the book has some nice art in it. For only $40 more I think its a good deal.

Anyone notice that Kahn seems to get easier after he beats you a few times? I swear after a while he stopped throwing the hammer and kept taunting me. I froze him three times in a row, too. Strange.

He probably takes pity after a while. That is why I kep trying until I beat him. You'll eventually beat him, even if he goes into easy mode :lol

Although Kahn is a little cheap its not that bad. He is a boss after all and he should frustrate you. Its nowhere near as bad as MK2 and MK3. Now those games were ridiculously cheap.

Indeed. In MK2 I could only beat Kahn with Kung Lao, Kitana, and Sub-Zero and I had to resort to cheap tricks. U/MK3/Trilogy, Kahn was a _____ and a half. Only ever beat him with Sub-Zero and Kintaro (Trilogy).

I don't mind if Shao Kahn is hard to beat but at the same time, I don't like having to resort to cheap tricks to beat him. That is so 1993. I like to be able to build a decent stratagy to beat him that doesn't require cheap shots.

Yeah Kahn is ridiculous most times when you face him. One round while using Ermac he did this shoulder dash thing like three or four times in a row and I couldn't move or do crap. He took 90% of my life in three seconds.

So sick of their constant shield where they can't get hurt. Also hate that you can have a good combo that works all the time, but when facing Khan it either is: Your 1 step away from making contact, the correct button presses happen to be wrong, or his sneeze breaks through your combo.

Stupid question time: Since PSN is down, is there any other way to log in with my PSN ID?

What happens if I play through Mortal Kombat single player, unlock some trophies and stuff, will it save to my ID even if I'm not logged in?

Do the trophies get stored somewhere until I finally do log in with my PSN ID?

If you earn any trophies while the PSN is down, it'll wait until you sync them and everything will be good. Basically, your account is tied to your ID. It stores trophies both on your system AND on the PSN.

Indeed. In MK2 I could only beat Kahn with Kung Lao, Kitana, and Sub-Zero and I had to resort to cheap tricks. U/MK3/Trilogy, Kahn was a _____ and a half. Only ever beat him with Sub-Zero and Kintaro (Trilogy).

I don't mind if Shao Kahn is hard to beat but at the same time, I don't like having to resort to cheap tricks to beat him. That is so 1993. I like to be able to build a decent stratagy to beat him that doesn't require cheap shots.

In MK2/3, Kahn was a sucker for jump kicks and foot sweeps. Matter of fact, Kintaro and Motaro were too. Also, with Kahn, you could block his moves and get in a quick uppercut. I beat those two with everyone back in the day using those tricks.
Might have been cheap but is was damned effective.

You cant seem to block kahn as well, plus sometimes when you hit him his body does a flash, and he reacts like the hit never connected, i'm stuck on the story mode with liu kang vs kahn.

In MK2/3, Kahn was a sucker for jump kicks and foot sweeps. Matter of fact, Kintaro and Motaro were too. Also, with Kahn, you could block his moves and get in a quick uppercut. I beat those two with everyone back in the day using those tricks.
Might have been cheap but is was damned effective.

Most of the time I tried jump kicks in and open area either MK2 or 3, Kahn allways shoulder rushed me or blocked then shoulder rushed me or uppercutted my ass. In MK 2 with the exception of Kitana, I would go all the way back to the corner and just did jump kicks while Kahn tried to rush me and just kept doing that. That didn't work in MK3 though. I beat him with Kinatro in Trilogy by jumping on him the entire match. With Sub-Zero I just froze him since he ducked under Kahn's blasts.

You cant seem to block kahn as well, plus sometimes when you hit him his body does a flash, and he reacts like the hit never connected, i'm stuck on the story mode with liu kang vs kahn.

It does register and his life goes down, but it doesn't slow down his momentum.

It does register and his life goes down, but it doesn't slow down his momentum.

Yeah and I found that you can block a lot of his moves but it depends on if you are standing block or crouching block. And he alternates his attacks far faster than a human could react so it's not like it matters anyway.

There is no way for anyone to go toe to toe with Kahn. I don't care how good you are. Cheap tricks and staying the hell away and using ranged attacks and coming in when he taunts are the only ways to defeat him. If he gets a combo in on you, you are almost as good as dead.

when I had to play against kahn in story mode with liu kang, I just kept jumping over him and his upward shoulder slam kept missing. kept doing that until i could land a jump kick. Then I would do my best to jump over his projectiles and jump punch into a combo. If I was far, I'd wait for him to taunt and do a flying kick to his face to get close enough to start the whole process over again.

I really hate playing like that, but f____in' MK bosses make you play cheap. :panic:

anyone have a extra mk online pass dlc code for 360 or a extra scorpion classic costume code

Last edited:
MK is really sticking it to used game buyers with that aren't they! :lol

I'm finally 2/3 the way through the challenge tower. The one time I've faced Kahn in there, he seemed easier than he did in story mode. So maybe they just have him set to 'kill' in story mode and just 'kick the crap out of ya' in the first tower match with him? :dunno

The one level I struggled with a bunch was Baraka's 4 arm match where you have to fight Sheeva, Goro, and finally Kintaro. Dang!

The strategy I used with Liu Kang was to jump back and get as much distance as you can from Kahn and start blasting him with low fireballs and make sure to hold block in between because he will stand on the other side of the screen and throw spears at you. This works well because if you do it right he will just stand there taunting you and laughing while taking pure fireballs.

is the Kollector's edition worth getting? mite stop by best buy in a few and pick this up....

Yeah the bookends are cool. I use them as "game ends" to hold my games in place. Looks good. They are going for around $50 on ebay as well. Looks like they are pretty popular.

:lol I don't get why people don't just buy the Kollector's edition of they are going to pay $50 for one. I mean who would want the bookends but not the game itself as well?

Back