Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. PSN being down since MK lauch sucks
  2. Cyrax is fun as hell, but his combos seem 'weak' compared to others
  3. I can't beat Shao Khan at the end of story mode
  4. I need to find a fight stick on eBay

:lol I don't get why people don't just buy the Kollector's edition of they are going to pay $50 for one. I mean who would want the bookends but not the game itself as well?

There are some people that may not care to play the game but like the characters and collectibles based on them. People that bought the Tournament Edition or regular version of the that might want the bookends as well since they already have the game.

You could also look at it another way and ask why someone would buy the Kollectors Edition if they are just selling the extras but that is just as easy to explain.

Last edited:
The one that comes with the TE is said to be pretty good and solid.
Unfortunately it is US only... It goes for about 350 euros on ebay.

I am also looking for a decent fightstick for PS3...

Set Story Mode difficulty to "beginner" and you're set.

Sort of a off topic question fellas. Will MK Deception for Xbox work on 360? I never tried to play an original Xbox game to see if it's backwards compatible. Thnxs

Does anyone have the classic Reptile costume and if so, what happens when you use that costume and do the fatality where he throws up in your mouth? Does he take off this mask?

I have a TE fight stick, but IMO this game was meant to be played with the normal controller.

Having the block and tag buttons being used to do specials makes it hard to use a stick.

Also the control inputs required to do moves are'nt as intricate or 'circular' as they are in street fighter. most of them are just quarter circle forward or backwards, or back-forward, etc.

game is pretty good....bought it at Gamestop and guy behind the counter would not give me the code....so I just got the game and no code....little bummed but oh well

I have a TE fight stick, but IMO this game was meant to be played with the normal controller.

Having the block and tag buttons being used to do specials makes it hard to use a stick.

Also the control inputs required to do moves are'nt as intricate or 'circular' as they are in street fighter. most of them are just quarter circle forward or backwards, or back-forward, etc.

The SFIV Fightpad works great with this game.

Projectile spam him. Teleports work VERY well with defeating him. just do a move that knocks him to the ground....then wait until he is almost about to stand up. flip to the other side/teleport and do a combo/uppercut. Repeat 40000000 times. (seriously, repeat though). Don't wait to long or jump too early because it will greatly increase the chance of being hit with his craptastic shoulder thrust move and the sledgehammer ones. The jumping head punch into uppercut routine will work well also.

Back