Injustice: Gods Among Us (new DC Fighting Game)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
1444694_Injustice_Logo_1___1__large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

"With Injustice: Gods Among Us, we are creating an all-new franchise with incredible battles set in the DC Comics Universe," said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "NetherRealm Studios is the extremely talented team behind the latest Mortal Kombat hit and it is developing a game unlike any other in the fighting genre."

"We can't wait to reveal Injustice: Gods Among Us because it will give our fans and gamers an epic experience as they battle like gods as their favorite DC Comics villains and heroes," said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. "Our team is excited to make a fighting game that is filled with fast-paced action, incredible story-telling and iconic DC Comics characters."

trailer here:

https://i.joystiq.com/2012/05/31/warner-bros-announces-injustice-gods-among-us-a-new-dc-fighti/

Last edited:
Meh, terrible graphics. Everyone with armor plating is lame. Flash taking hits from Superman. Batman kicking Grundy though buildings.....ok.

Rocksteady needs to be the only one making DC games.

I know that the last MK game received high praise, but I really can't get into the mechanics of the fighting. I would be way more interested in this if it were using the MvC3 or Soul Calibur engines.

How exactly does Batman kick someone 30 stories into the air through a building....just silly. I do realize it is a comic book character but c'mon.

This is just DC vs MK 2 without the MK :lol

I hope there are classic (ie not Fail dud 52 versions) skins for everyone. Looks decent enough for the type of game it is. Wonder what exclusive MK characters Netherrealm will sneak in there.

I'm sure everyone from MK vs DC will be in it, plus the others like Grundy and Harely we saw in the trailer that weren't in DC vs MK. A good 20 characters at least I'd think.

I just hope they include Fatalities (where appropriate) and don't water them down to E levels like MK vs DC did. You can really push violence in T IMO. M would be awesome though.

I'm not big on fighting games ... but it looks pretty good to me. I don't mind the reinterpreted costumes -- happens all the time. Hopefully they'll have a solid group of characters ... most of the main Justice League (Aquaman, Hawkman, Manhunter, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Nightwing), and some solid villains ... especially Batman villains.

Maybe even separate skins for the characters ... like they had in Arkham.

Its no Arkham City, but I'll probably give it a shot at the right price.

SnakeDoc

I wouldn't say this is MK vs DC 2. This game obviously runs on the new MK9 engine, which completely redid the Mortal Kombat franchise with much more complex inputs and combos and such.

How exactly does Batman kick someone 30 stories into the air through a building....just silly. I do realize it is a comic book character but c'mon.

In my opinion, Batman shouldn't even be in a Superhero videogame (let alone even in Justice League). He's so unique that DC Comics should have kept him away from the regular superhero fantasy nonsense. Well, I can dream..

In my opinion, Batman shouldn't even be in a Superhero videogame (let alone even in Justice League). He's so unique that DC Comics should have kept him away from the regular superhero fantasy nonsense. Well, I can dream..

I see your point, and in some ways I agree. Batman is usually better in his own universe ... and he ain't a team player.

But, the Justice League is more interesting with him in it. I've always found the 'man among gods' angle interesting -- Batman has no powers. But, he holds his own among the much more powerful beings by his intellect and force of will alone. Not only does he hold his own ... but he's the mastermind. Superman is the leader and the conscience of the League -- but Batman is the brains, and the guy-behind-the-guy. He's the one with the plans, and the contingency plans.

Batman is a fascinating enough character by himself ... but his interaction with, and domination of, people that should be out-of-his-league is fun to watch.

SnakeDoc

This looks really lame and as much as I love Batman he has no business punching people like Superman and Grundy to death it makes no sense, The armor outfits are a bit much and if its anything like MK VS DC its an easy pass for me. If it was a $15 download I would think about it but a full blown release I think not. I dont get how there are all of these awesome trailers coming before E3 and a company shows up with this rehash garbage and this its even worth showing to people.

Back