Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I'm tired of the same dumb animation of the same dumb one spike going through the stomach on the pit stage why cant when they get hit fall and get stuck on the pillars on the way down ya know I have wanted that for years that would be so tight just how you angle the finisher it would make the put stages so much better anybody else agree

I really hate they they just combined the two pit stages. I loved the pit from MK II where it was just the long drop that killed them instead of the spikes. They should have kept them seperate.

They also did the thing that Capcom did where they repeated stages, but made it a different time of day and called it a separate stage. Not a big fan of that. Missing the Warriors Shrine from MK 1, the stage in MK II with the spikes on the ceiling and the Pit III, from UMK 3.

Overall the stages are incredibly detailed and there are a lot, despite some being repeated.

Never realized Kratos' stage was also a pit. You drop your victim into the Labyrinth and can choose what to drop them into.

Kinda OT but does anyone have any info on the upcoming MK figures from Jazwares?

Just finished story mode. Dang is Shao Kahn hard. I had to resort to cheaply teleporting behind him constantly and cheap shotting him in the back. And only then did I barely beat him. If they continue the storyline from this game into the next one, it will be very interesting to see what the roster is.

I thought I heard that the new MK figs were gonna be GI Joe scale.

There are gonna be some 4" figures and a few 6" ones too apparently.

Just finished story mode. Dang is Shao Kahn hard. I had to resort to cheaply teleporting behind him constantly and cheap shotting him in the back. And only then did I barely beat him. If they continue the storyline from this game into the next one, it will be very interesting to see what the roster is.

Same here. I just teleported behind him and sweeped kicked him the entire match. My guess is they'll find some way to bring back the more popular characters for MK2. Honestly though with the exception of Onaga and Kenshi, none of the characters after MK3/Trilogy really stood out too me very much nor were they very interesting imho.

It really is a shame we all have to resort to cheap tricks to beat Kahn. I mean did blocking make zero difference to anyone else? I mean, what is the point of it if it doesn't actually work? :dunno

It seemed like MK 4 was the last game that featured new characters that ended up staying around. Quan Chi and Shinnok come to mind, plus that is when Reptile started looking more like a reptile and less like the other ninjas. I still don't understand why they keep making Quan Chi a 'secret' character :lol

I too had to resort to cheap tricks to beat Khan. I also hate that blocking does nothing and his attacks do twice the damage. If you have less than half health and he pulls off his X-ray... forget about it.

I think that is why the game has him taunt you several times. To make it even. But that still doesn't stop the raping he give you when he gets a combo going.

When I got to Khan at the end I got my A$$ kicked in like 2 seconds!....then it says round 2......im like WHAT I gatta beat this guy TWICE! Theirs no way!
I played like 40 rounds and only won 1 lol. So then I said screw it and changed the settings to "beginner". Beat him in 2 minutes lol

But what a pain in the ass it was to hit him with every kind of combo and x-ray and it barley makes a dent in the damage he receives.

Chris

I fought Khan for the first time and it was so cheap.

Throwing Hammer, Daze, Throwing Hammer, Daze, Throwing Hammer, Daze, Spear, stand up, shoulder block, get up, jump over, flying shoulder block, get up, xray.

I had to use Lui's fireballs to finish him off after losing a bunch of times. Doesn't help that I never play as him either.

Only character I can think of right now to bring in would be Frost for the next game.,,and Kano's female partner. Other then that not to much else I think. Create a Fighter would be nice to bring back as well.

I'm more of a SF and MvC kind of guy, but this game kicks the crap out of MvC3, IMO. The amount of content, the graphics, and all the nice little touches make this game a blast.

Any PS3 owners use Kratos yet? I just tried him out today, and he's awesome. His move "Zeus's Rage" made me chuckle.

Stupid question time: Since PSN is down, is there any other way to log in with my PSN ID?

What happens if I play through Mortal Kombat single player, unlock some trophies and stuff, will it save to my ID even if I'm not logged in?

Do the trophies get stored somewhere until I finally do log in with my PSN ID?

Ok I have 2 classic jade costumes if two people want it for the ps3 would anybody trade a sub zer or reptile it be cool if I could get reptile classic and sub zero or even scorpion....,I only have ermac and because I have xbox360 I can't use tge jade codes I got these 2 jade codes because they were in the blu ray versions of mortal kombat and mortal kombat annihilation soo any help

I fought Khan for the first time and it was so cheap.

Throwing Hammer, Daze, Throwing Hammer, Daze, Throwing Hammer, Daze, Spear, stand up, shoulder block, get up, jump over, flying shoulder block, get up, xray.

I had to use Lui's fireballs to finish him off after losing a bunch of times. Doesn't help that I never play as him either.

Only character I can think of right now to bring in would be Frost for the next game.,,and Kano's female partner. Other then that not to much else I think. Create a Fighter would be nice to bring back as well.

Although Kahn is a little cheap its not that bad. He is a boss after all and he should frustrate you. Its nowhere near as bad as MK2 and MK3. Now those games were ridiculously cheap.

Although Kahn is a little cheap its not that bad. He is a boss after all and he should frustrate you. Its nowhere near as bad as MK2 and MK3. Now those games were ridiculously cheap.

I actually found the bosses in MK1,2 & 3 pretty easy to beat :dunno

But Kahn in this game really ticked me off :gah:

Chris

Anyone notice that Kahn seems to get easier after he beats you a few times? I swear after a while he stopped throwing the hammer and kept taunting me. I froze him three times in a row, too. Strange.

Back