Metal Gear Solid Trilogy HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope my set arrives this week because the PS3 Stellbook looks great IMO. I wish I could have more time to play games because my backlog stack keeps getting larger, and more RPGs keep coming out so they take up more time than I have to spare.

In the exact same boat as you :thud:

Gotten really stuck into Snake Eater, play 8 hours in two days :lol

Going for troohies too, this is my no kill and Camo/facelaint hunt playthrough.

So engrossing, this is STILL one of the best games ever made, and fraphically surpasses many current gen one even though it's a HD port :yess:

Gotten really stuck into Snake Eater, play 8 hours in two days :lol

Going for troohies too, this is my no kill and Camo/facelaint hunt playthrough.

So engrossing, this is STILL one of the best games ever made, and fraphically surpasses many current gen one even though it's a HD port :yess:

Haha going through the same trophy hunt as you this playthrough,no kill camo/facepaint. Just need the Markhor trophy after that and Im done. Really wish Konami had released trophies for MGS4. Its never to late Konami you hear ME!

Now that you have it available for PS3,you should.It is what you're used to with the MGS games,but add recruiting of soldiers,hijack and build your own machines.It really is the start of Outer Haven,building your own army.

Definitely worth playing.Got 9.5 from IGN.

Snake Eater HD was definitely one of the easier Platinums I've gotten. All the requirements needed I have already done on the PS2 version haha. I don't have the patience to do multiple Sons of Liberty dog tag runs. It was pain in the ass enough in the PS2 version.

Now that you have it available for PS3,you should.It is what you're used to with the MGS games,but add recruiting of soldiers,hijack and build your own machines.It really is the start of Outer Haven,building your own army.

Definitely worth playing.Got 9.5 from IGN.

Cheers man. I will give it a shot then. :duff

Played Portable Ops but didn't really enjoy it, especially as not a fan of handhelds.

Cheers man. I will give it a shot then. :duff

Played Portable Ops but didn't really enjoy it, especially as not a fan of handhelds.

I barely made it through it myself because i can't stand handheld consoles.The game itself wasn't that great either and not important for the franchise.I barely remember anything of the story.
After i finished it,it took me a while to motivate myself for another handheld experience with peace Walker.I got about 3 hours into the game and a week later the HD collection was announced so i didn't bother finish it.
I started on HD Peace Walker for the first time a month ago and still far from done.Love every bit of it!

:gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

I used the MK22 the whole game (MGS3) and it says i killed one person :gah: :(

This close to the Peace Walker Trophy

Also collected EVERTHING except one mushroom at the beginning so i missed the "fungus among us" trophy and the "Markhour" one :gah:

The platinum in MGS2 is waaaay too tedious. Friggin hundreds of dogtags. That was enough hassle in the PS2 version.

MGS3 was a breeze.

I didn't go after it in Peace Walker though.

:gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

I used the MK22 the whole game (MGS3) and it says i killed one person :gah: :(

This close to the Peace Walker Trophy

Also collected EVERTHING except one mushroom at the beginning so i missed the "fungus among us" trophy and the "Markhour" one :gah:

I got that in MGS4 once. I was soo pissed off. Its a super pain in the ass to play the game without getting alerts and then thats what i got ____ed for?!

I wish we had DLCs for Peace Walker, aside from the Avatars. Mission Packs/New Extra Ops missions would've been awesome, and would add replay value to us peeps who already played via PSP :dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been meaning to pick this up for a long time but I've never played any of the MSGs before... I plan on getting the HD collection and then MSG4, but what order should I play them in as I'm a first timer MSG noob? Thanks in advance for the help :D

I've been meaning to pick this up for a long time but I've never played any of the MSGs before... I plan on getting the HD collection and then MSG4, but what order should I play them in as I'm a first timer MSG noob? Thanks in advance for the help :D

Here's the order chronologically for the entire series:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP Only)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid (PS Network)/Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (Gamecube/Wii only)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

If you only have a PS3, then play them in this order:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (HD Collection)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (HD Collection)
Metal Gear Solid (Download from Playstation Network)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (HD Collection)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Back