HD MGS, Silent Hill, and Z.O.E. collections announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/p...the-konami-news-you-can-handle/#ixzz1OAQdHcZa

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection = MGS2, MGS3 and MGS Peace Walker

Silent Hill HD Collection (PS3 ONLY) = Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3

Zone of the Enders HD collection = Z.O.E and Z.O.E. The 2nd Runner

For PS3 and Xbox 360.

hdzoecollection.png

hdmgscollection.png

Last edited:
Damn, will they have anything left to show at E3?? Just reading Kotaku today and I thought E3 had already started with all the news they'd posted.

I don't get why they didn't give MGS the HD treatment. It's too hard to go back through and put HD textures on such low poly models?? They could've just HD-ified Twin Snakes and ported that. . .

Kojima talks about a new "Transfarring" feature for both the Z.O.E. and MGS collections. It allows you to transfer saves from PS3 to NGP/PSP so you can quickly switch between your portable device to home console.

I'm guessing this means that ZOE and MGS are coming to NGP/PS Vita also.

Kojima talks about a new "Transfarring" feature for both the Z.O.E. and MGS collections. It allows you to transfer saves from PS3 to NGP/PSP so you can quickly switch between your portable device to home console.

I'm guessing this means that ZOE and MGS are coming to NGP/PS Vita also.

This sounds a lot like the "cloud gaming" stuff that Kojima hinted about several months ago; having the ability to play on your PS3, but then being able to continue where you left off on your NGP handheld, if you have to step out of your house.

Non-stop gaming is becoming a reality!! :panic:

Raging Boner!!!!
this news made my week! Ive been waiting for them to confirm these games since they announced the GOW HD games.

@ SwedishHeat

the reason they didn't port the Twin Snakes is because it was developed by a Nintendo Production company. if they released a HD MGS they would have to start from scratch ( i wouldnt mind that though)

Raging Boner!!!!
this news made my week! Ive been waiting for them to confirm these games since they announced the GOW HD games.

@ SwedishHeat

the reason they didn't port the Twin Snakes is because it was developed by a Nintendo Production company. if they released a HD MGS they would have to start from scratch ( i wouldnt mind that though)

:rotfl I think I boned an MGS-style exclamation point!

SWEEEET MGS, only they shouldnt call it a collection without MGS1

I really hope they nail it in the graphics department, but with it being announced with these other collections and for release in November likely means they'll have missed the chance to make them Truly HD, as in using the MGS4 engine.

I wonder if the release dates of the MGS collection will coincide with any of the Hot Toys MGS figures. I sure hope so. :clap

I've never played MSG in my life but I would be interesting in picking this up for 360. Do I need to play the previous games to get into this or is it a lost cause haha?

I'd say you don't really get the full effect of MGS4 if you haven't played the previous 3. The other 3 games can be standalone games that don't really reference each other that much.

Which I'm now realzing is pretty much what wofford said, hehe.

Hmmmm, now I just made myself nostalgic for MGS4. :(

I've always wanted to get into the MGS games, but wanted to play them through from 1 to 4. Is the order MGS, then 2,3, Peacewalker and 4 or are there other games in the series?

I've always wanted to get into the MGS games, but wanted to play them through from 1 to 4. Is the order MGS, then 2,3, Peacewalker and 4 or are there other games in the series?

I highly recommend playing the games in the order that they were released: MGS 1, MGS 2: Sons of Liberty/Substance, MGS 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence, MGS: Portable Ops, MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots, and MGS: Peace Walker.

Just to avoid spoilers, I'd advise against playing the games in chronological order. For example, even though MGS 3 takes place before the other games in the series, there are some massive spoilers about MGS 3 toward the end of MGS 4.

Back