Metal Gear Solid 5: The Return of Hideo Kojima

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Yeah. The hay day of MGS ended with MGS 4. This is what you'd call, "milking the cash cow". Peace Walker, MGS: Rising, MGS 5, etc, etc, etc.

Kojima's either run of ideas for a new series, or he's being held back by the Konami executives to keep making more MGS games until he retires from the business. But, since he's one of the most talented and creative game developers in the business, I'll believe the latter instead of the former.

I'll still buy whatever MGS related stuff comes out. But whatever follows now, will be on par with the Star Wars trilogy of the early 2000s - recycled dribble that's meant to draw a new generation of fans into the series, while keeping the old fans on a leash to buy new merchandise. Heck, that already started with Peace Walker.

Quite frankly, I'd love to see some new projects, and have MGS just retire in the glory that it has. What ever happened to ZOE 3? :monkey2

plt65.ag_event.65coveyievy.jpg

bs07P.jpg

I agree, Hideo.

Ignoring Rising i would hate a Metal Gear game without Solid Snake ( my only issue with MGS3). I wish he didn't write MGS4 the way he did but we'll see what comes out

Looking forward to Rising it'll be unique and fill the gap between 2 & 4 for Raiden.

MGS 5 doesn't have to be a sequel to 4, it could be when Snake first meets Big Boss. Zanzibar and so forth.

If he had any balls he'd make an MGS with the lead character a female. Give us the story of Boss.

Well, didn't he already set out to do so some years ago? The result being the 2001 game MGS2 with the protagonist being capable of accomplishing such rare and masculine acrobatic feats such as doing a cartwheel. ;-)

If he really had any balls he'd make sure to give the MGS series a good rest. As much as I love the series, you can't go on milking the same (cash) cow forever. Especially since with Peace Walker the milk already turned sour...

Looking forward to Rising it'll be unique and fill the gap between 2 & 4 for Raiden.

MGS 5 doesn't have to be a sequel to 4, it could be when Snake first meets Big Boss. Zanzibar and so forth.

That's what im thinking as well,i always thought it was only a matter of time before Hideo decided to remake the NES games.

A boss game would be great,so would Liquid but games based on those 2 characters wouldn't be as popular as a Solid/Big Boss game,not even close.

I really want a retelling o the original games so I can fight Gray Fox hand to hand in a mine field. But after that throw in the towel and move onto something else.

If he had any balls he'd make an MGS with the lead character a female. Give us the story of Boss.

This actually sounds freaking awesome.

~~I love MGS as much as most of you guys, but come on let's get something new started. Snake needs to rest so let's roll with Wofford's suggestion.

Back