Metal Gear Solid Trilogy HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in the UK which might be why i have been charged already. Im sure itll sell out after release. All the other LEs didn't sell out at least after a couple of weeks(japan 1 week)

Ive got the US(no disk) and Japanese one coming, ill proli sell mine except for the artbook and game since it all so ugly imo.

For a MGS collection you'd think they'd us actual artwork like they have with every ____ing other Euro release ever!

Well i got an email from Zavvi yesterday saying it has been dispatched.
So may arrive Monday/Tuesday i hope.

I should have ordered the PS3 version but i just love Achievements and just not the same as trophy's.

May send it back if they can confirm they can supply me with the PS3 version , sent them and email last night.

Seeing the final result of the package, I'm glad that I canceled my order with Zavvi earlier this month. Also, I don't believe that they're being honest with their edition numbers. The combined total of the PS3 and X-Box versions were only supposed to be 13,000 world wide, but they've been on sale for several months already. I think it's either one of two things; the Zavvi edition is highly unpopular, or they've gone the way of mass producing.

My order has officially been cancelled. Honestly I feel relieved! I am a bit surprised too that they couldn't sell off 13,000 copies of this. It's a Metal Gear Solid game. MGS fans are high in # and insanely determined.
It seems horribly wrong to me that they could manufacture more copies, when they are so specific with the numbers that are being made. Hard to believe they could get away with that.

It's not like they are saying that there will be around 15000 of them. But they've put a specific number on them. 8,000- PS3, 5,000- 360.

Makes me appreciate statues and Sideshow quite a bit more.

I had an email today saying the game had been shipped.
If i don't get the T-shirt or steel book it will be going back for a refund.

Also very stupidly ordered the xbox version so may send it back anyway to get the ps3 version.

Also the T-SHIRT is Medium meh i take XXL or XL depending on brand.

should have gotten both the ps3 and the xbox version , but £140.00 on 2 of the same games i don't think so.
I'm sure the ps3 steel book will appear on ebay soon.

You will get the shirt but not the steelbook. They are both stickerbooks. There may be steelbooks floating around somewhere but it won't be included with this edition. The pic I posted was apparently a stand alone copy. :mad:

Im in the UK which might be why i have been charged already. Im sure itll sell out after release. All the other LEs didn't sell out at least after a couple of weeks(japan 1 week)

Ive got the US(no disk) and Japanese one coming, ill proli sell mine except for the artbook and game since it all so ugly imo.

For a MGS collection you'd think they'd us actual artwork like they have with every ____ing other Euro release ever!

Maybe I'll look for the Japanese version. I'm not sure, if that pic I posted of the steelbook is real, then I would like to track down one of those.

You don't like the cover art? Really? I don't see a problem with it. As a matter of fact, I think it looks great!

Ahhh! so the PS3 now come with a sticker book.
That is just the cheapo way out to be honest as it would cost more
money to have them printed rather than slap a sticker on a plain steel book.

At the price of it also as £70.00 you should get the printed version and a T-shirt that will actually fit most people.

the game stand alone is £30.00
art books usually retail for £15.00
and T-shirt £10.00 but would not buy a medium anyaway

so a total of £55.00 which would be an ok price.

Also the Japanese version comes without the steel book but an imense art book.

Oh, yeah I forgot, I was going to bring up the shirt too. WTH medium?! MEDIUM?! :horror

I'm an average sized guy, and there's still no way I'll be able to fit into a medium. I usually wear XL or L but a M is out of the question.

It doesn't make sense most places that include a shirt with anything usually include a large. At least with a large, you fit most people and the ones that are smaller can wear it as a comfortable nighty or what not to wear around the house. Larger people usually already know they can't wear it.

With a Medium AVERAGE people can't wear it, and only small people, or in this case we could call them children, could wear it as a larger nighty.

Makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense to include a medium with this mass produced set.

Well, medium and small seems to be the going size now. I attended a launch event for Batman: Arkham City last year, and they were giving out free t-shirts. All of them were size small. The funny thing is, that there were a lot of big dudes there, who'd never fit into that size :lol.

Well i used to work for a video game retailer Gamestation UK.
And all the promo T-shirts never came in a size bigger than large and the mediums were like kids sizes.

I have loads of promo T-shirts , i never wear anyway's and will leave this in it's plastic.
But that is not the point at all really.

Mine was dispatched last week so i will post pics up and what not.

Yeah they're usually large. So I was surprised to hear medium. Look forward to your pics Jitsu. Hope it arrives to you in flawless condition.

Same here. I don't know where you live but I'm in the US, and I'm always extra worried when I buy stuff internationally. Not to mention I hear Zavvi has a horrible track record.

Same here. I don't know where you live but I'm in the US, and I'm always extra worried when I buy stuff internationally. Not to mention I hear Zavvi has a horrible track record.

I'M In the UK buddy , well if mine is slightly marked i will be wanting
a replacement or a full refund.

You got me worried now buddy

Ive bought a bluray and a game from them before. They used just cardboard packaging which is not bad for small items like those but who knows what they'll use for this large box :S

Game arrived 10 minutes ago.
Game arrived well packed in a larger box filled with air pockets.
Initial thoughts were hmmm! very nice.
Then i opened it , as everyone expected the steel book is a stickered book
and looks pretty poor.
Then the T-shirt and the nice art book and obviously the game.
In general not bad , but what got to me more was the very bad outer box
as when it arrived all the stuff inside was rattling around with no seperate compartments for the book or T-shirt the box is very thin indeed.

Would have been nice to get a box like the original metal gear solid special edition came in.

Here are some pics for everybody , i would say about 6/10 for a collectors edition but a sound track and a lithograph would have been nice or a nice figure like son's of the patriot's.

mgs1.jpg

mgs2.jpg

mgs3.jpg

mgs4.jpg

mgs5.jpg

mgs6.jpg

mgs7.jpg

mgs8.jpg

Hope this helps everyone in doubt weather or not to buy it.

Thanks for posting the pics! Yeah, the sticker book doesn't look that bad. I've never heard of any company plastering a sticker on a steel case, and selling it as a limited edition, but I guess that there's a first time for everything.

Thanks for posting the pics! Yeah, the sticker book doesn't look that bad. I've never heard of any company plastering a sticker on a steel case, and selling it as a limited edition, but I guess that there's a first time for everything.

It's pretty common practice with the Blu Ray Steelbooks overseas. Basically, it's Caveat Emptor with some of these orders. I hate to see them advertise a "Limited Edition" like it's going to be great only to see something mediocre in the end.

Limited edition comes with an art book, eh? What game (snake eater, sons of liberty ...) is the art from?

Back