HD MGS, Silent Hill, and Z.O.E. collections announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little bit of both iirc. Characters are different, but the premise of the town Silent Hill is continuous. Been a while so maybe someone can correct me.

The stories don't really link except parts 1 and 3. And even then you don't need to play both games. It's more of an "Oh, that's who you are" kind of thing. There are times when they make references to characters of past games, but again I think it's just for fanboys like me so we can feel smart knowing the characters.

I just enjoy the games because they suck you into this world of creepiness and evil. It's a world I thoroughly enjoy watching, but would hate to enter.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection Limited Edition has been announced

PS3: [ame="https://www.amazon.com/Zone-Enders-Collection-Limited-Playstation-3/dp/B009IF0G9S/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1348880908&sr=1-4&keywords=zone+of+the+enders+hd+collection+limited+edition"]ZOE HD[/ame]

360: [ame="https://www.amazon.com/Zone-Enders-Collection-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B009IF0G8O/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1348880908&sr=1-3&keywords=zone+of+the+enders+hd+collection+limited+edition"]ZOE HD[/ame]

Here is a picture of it (I'm not sure if this is the US version or not):

zoe_hd_11_thumb.jpg

Nice! Thanks for the heads up man. Ordered on Amazon - been waiting on this for a while. We might get a similar box set to the Japanese one, just like the MGS HD LE.

On another note: I hope the ZOE HD LE comes with an actual CD and not some crappy MP3 voucher code :mad:.

Man, I thought that there would be more people excited about this news. Common you guys, we all know about MGS but ZOE needs some love too :monkey2 :slap

i know about MGS, but never played ZOE or have a clue about the story or Gameplay .. so im hesitant to purchase this

ZOE 2 was much better than the first. I'm interested to see how well this game aged. It blew me away, way back when.

I remember when ZOE1 came out, i loved that game. It had a sweet heart to it, like an indie flick - but in space with robots! XD

can't wait to play these again. Im getting that Japanese Limited edition, maybe a euro one if we get it

i know about MGS, but never played ZOE or have a clue about the story or Gameplay .. so im hesitant to purchase this

It's different from MGS, but the story-telling is about what you'd expect from Kojima - political intrigue, conspiracies, and preserving/protecting the future. Except with super-powered mechs. Actually, with that said, ZOE seems a lot like Kojima's spin, or interpretation of Mobile Suit Gundam :lol.

Here's the trailer of ZOE The 2nd Runner in HD:

[ame]https://youtu.be/j-RVjDdzDJs[/ame]

I'm excited. ZoE was my first PS2 game. And I didn't just buy it to play the MGS2 demo I swear :lol

Man... a lot of people I knew, bought it just to play the MGS 2 demo :lol. It was a very keen marketing strategy from KojiPro to release ZOE as an independent title, but attach it with MGS 2.

ZOE 2 was much better than the first. I'm interested to see how well this game aged. It blew me away, way back when.

Same here. I remember that there were occasional in-game slowdowns on the PS2 - most noticeably, in the Leo vs. Dingo fight scene. The game was basically too demanding for the hardware to handle. It'll be interesting to see how the HD upgrade improves it.

I remember when ZOE1 came out, i loved that game. It had a sweet heart to it, like an indie flick - but in space with robots! XD

can't wait to play these again. Im getting that Japanese Limited edition, maybe a euro one if we get it

The Japanese LE looks really cool, but personally, it's much too expensive for me at $200. I'd much rather just pick up the U.S. LE for $59.99. The editions should look very similar anyway, regardless of region. I just hope that Konami takes the extra time and effort, to include an actual CD for the U.S. release. I'm so sick of getting those MP3 voucher codes in every single limited edition game.

I'm so sick of getting those MP3 voucher codes in every single limited edition game.

You're Lucky to get a manual that is more than 3 pages with video games nowadays. Though the HD collection did have a good one.. Gears of war 3 had an awesome limited edition. The Marcus statue has found a good home on my shelves.

^Hmm... Maybe it's just my computer acting weird, but for some reason, I can't distinguish a huge difference between the PS2 and HD versions.

Anyway, here are some more videos to check out.

Brand new cinematics from Sunrise (the company that does the animation for Gundam).

[ame]https://youtu.be/Ecc1TvJukWA[/ame]

Kojima discussing his inspiration for ZOE.

[ame]https://youtu.be/t4RMQBNUMS0[/ame]

You're Lucky to get a manual that is more than 3 pages with video games nowadays. Though the HD collection did have a good one.. Gears of war 3 had an awesome limited edition. The Marcus statue has found a good home on my shelves.

Yeah, and it's such a shame too. But, unlike other games, the MGS manuals were pretty substantial - and the one for MGS 2 even had a small comic. I'm happy that Konami isn't obsessed with saving trees like other video game companies :lol. ____ that. I'm sure that the ZOE HD manual will also be pretty hefty.

Yeah, and it's such a shame too. But, unlike other games, the MGS manuals were pretty substantial - and the one for MGS 2 even had a small comic. I'm happy that Konami isn't obsessed with saving trees like other video game companies :lol. ____ that. I'm sure that the ZOE HD manual will also be pretty hefty.

They have become nothing but brochures for other games :lol

All Konami games seem to have great manuals.

The best manual ever was for MGS1 :peace

Just found out that a new patch was released to fix ZOE2 up to 60fps plus some major fixes. Wow, looks like I'm buying this!

Back