HD MGS, Silent Hill, and Z.O.E. collections announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't just wait it out. Who wants to wait forever or never to play Uncharted since they don't have a PS3? You have to buy them all to play games.

I was never a fanboy of any particular console back then, and not now. I guess many people feel they need to pick a side. Nowadays, especially with the Wii U, it's getting to the point where it's pointless to have more than one console as almost everything (of course third party) isn't even exclusive anymore. It's to the point where I sometimes can't decide which console I should get a game for.

I have to rely on research prior to purchase, like are there any exclusives to one version (Mortal Kombat)? Is one version more buggy than the other (Bayonetta)? Was it originally developed for the 360 then ported to the PS3 even though they're identical (Resident Evil 5)? Heck, if there really is no difference, I would get it for the platform its predecessors were originally on (Devil May Cry). Back then, the "Same game" would often be COMPLETELY different on the Genesis or SNES, much like how Wii versions of PS3/360 games are these days. Either way, I'm a gaming agnostic and just to keep with tradition, will be getting this bad assery for the PS3.

Absolutely! Good post, man. If anything, for me nowadays deciding which platform to buy a game for really comes down to pre-order bonus incentives or performance. Platform preference doesn't even cross my mind anymore in this situation.

For example, Red Dead Redemption ran better on 360, thusly I bought that version.

I'm curious, but why would u all feel the need to own all the different consoles?

Is it to play all the console exclusive games? e.g wii for Mario, PS3 for GOW3 & Xbox360 for Halo?

I'm a traditionalist, and I don't like missing out on things I like.

In my opinion, I think the trend of third-party "exclusives" going cross platform has less to do with the current situation of the market, and more to do with companies trying to maximize their profits as much as possible. It's even more evident in this generation, or perhaps it's just the case that game developers have finally found out how capitalism works. To reiterate what others have said (namely, hairlesswookiee), it's come to the point, where you don't even have to buy all of the consoles to enjoy their respected third-party titles anymore. Just wait it out, until the games get re-released for your console. That said, it does take away the charm of owning one of these systems.

It all goes hand-in-hand. The current flow of the market dictates how studios operate.

You're right that the benefits of owning every console nowadays aren't as big as they were a decade ago, but like THX said, do you really want to wait an indeterminable amount of time to play a game you desire if you can afford to own multiple consoles?

If every next gen console had a blu-ray player and practically no exclusives other than their first party stuff, it'll be especially difficult to convince someone like me who typically buys all of them to once again buy all of them. It really will be to the point where you have to pick sides...unless you just buy'em all regardless :p

Sh2 HD new voice acting: :monkey2

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKtsHcJOMI&feature=player_embedded"]Silent Hill HD Collection Voice-Acting Comparison - YouTube[/ame]

LoL

And more....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8vyYASGFCI&feature=player_embedded"]Silent Hill HD Collection: New Voices - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Not too keen on Eddie and James. Maria sounds fine. But the way she says "I'm not your Mary" doesn't send shivers down my spine like the original did. Oh well.

The original voice acting is GREAT (no matter the years).. but the new voice acting.. cough, cough...:monkey4
Mary and Maria sound like a shemale or something to me :lecture.

Edit:
And I meant the first video :lol

Did they give any reason why they're re-recording? Is it for the 5.1 sound or something?

Yes, and Nope.. It's a neverending soap opera related with Gui cihi.. + rights + money + Konami :lecture

guy-cihi-the-voice-behind-james-sunderland-interview-header.jpg

Gui cihi.. was going to be the voice for James sunderland again but..something happened in the process :monkey1

OMG, that vid of the comparison is funny. Ironically, prefer the old Eddie and Mary, but new Maria and James sound pretty great. I realize Mary/maria same actress, she just cant pull off the sweet, innocent sounding voice like she does the Maria voice

This appears to be the cover art for the HD collection, which is very nice:

Last edited:
For the Silent Hill collection, I have no problem with voices being changed, with the exception of Heather from Silent Hill 3....we will see. Loved her work

I never played the games except for a SH2 demo (was freakin amazing but i was too much of a scared _____ to buy it)

so the only issue i see with the new voice casting is the original version of the fat guy was well better.

I have Silent Hill, 2, 3, 4, and Origins but have only finished Silent Hill 2. I'm sad that they changed the voices. I guess I'm gonna get the ones I don't have and do a series run when the HD collections come out.

I have Silent Hill, 2, 3, 4, and Origins but have only finished Silent Hill 2. I'm sad that they changed the voices. I guess I'm gonna get the ones I don't have and do a series run when the HD collections come out.

Have all of them, even the crummy Homecoming. Beat all of them but 2 and 4.

I own silent hill 1,2,3,5, origins, and even the newer weirder version of shattered memories. I've played and finished all of them, including part 4, and enjoyed all of them(except that weirder shattered memories, bleh). And I was actually debating re-playing part 2 or 3 when I heard of the HD remake. Bring 'em on! I can't wait to see Pyramid Head in HD.

On a side note Silent Hill 3 is probably my favorite of them all. What's you guys/gals fav's?

Last edited:
Mine will always be the first one. I've only completed the first two, but always wanted to get in on the others.

~~I've decided I"m going to pass on this collection until a later date. Too many games are coming out in a short period of time.

Should i bother playing the first one?

im curious since if the story is better in the 2nd one and i assume the gameplay is too ill just start with that. also are the stories linked or are they stand alone like the uncharted series?

Back