Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa Signing Session, NYC - June 8th, 9th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
I got an email last night from Uniqlo that stated that Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa will be visiting two Uniqlo stores in NYC (see information below). It's also the first time that Shinkawa will be visiting the U.S. so it will be an awesome opportunity to finally get his autograph.

So, are any of you in the NYC area planning to attend, or interested in attending? I will be going to both signing sessions, and thought that it would be cool if we can have a SSF get-together. If you're going, let me know and I'll add you to the list below. Also, if you can PM me your email address that would be great - it will be much easier to for everyone to facilitate conversations via email instead of the PM system.

Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa Signing session attendance list:

Solidus
Jack D
Evrybdyluvsjosh

Details from the email that I received:
METAL GEAR 25th ANNIVERSARY UT T-SHIRTS GO ON SALE

+

HIDEO KOJIMA / YOJI SHINKAWA AUTOGRAPH SESSIONS (JUN 8&9)

[EVENT ALERT]

WHAT:

UNIQLO Celebrates the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary and UT (UNIQLO T-Shirts) Collection by Hosting Autograph Sessions with game designer Hideo Kojima and artist Yoji Shinkawa

WHO:

UNIQLO

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd., Metal Gear game designer - Hideo Kojima

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd., Metal Gear Solid artist - Yoji Shinkawa

WHERE:

UNIQLO New York 5th Avenue Global Flagship: 666 Fifth Avenue at 53rd Street

UNIQLO 34th Street Flagship Store: 31 West 34th Street, bet. 5th and 6th Avenues

WHEN:

Friday, June 8th at UNIQLO 5th Avenue 6:00PM - 8:00PM

Saturday, June 9th at UNIQLO 34th Street 4:00PM - 6:00PM

DETAILS:

The Metal Gear series is taking over two UNIQLO stores on June 8th and June 9th to welcome the arrival of a special UT or UNIQLO T-Shirt collection in honor of the series' 25th Anniversary. To celebrate the occasion, UNIQLO will be hosting autograph sessions at their 5th Ave and 34th street locations featuring the game's designer Hideo Kojima and artist Yoji Shinkawa. For the first time in New York City, fans will be able to get autographs from both of the game's key influencers at the same time! In order to get these coveted VIP autographs, both events require a minimum $30 UNIQLO purchase.

The limited edition Metal Gear UT merchandise will go on sale at UNIQLO 5th Avenue the morning of June 8th and then at 34th Street the morning of June 9th. All 10 exclusive designs retail for only $19.90 each!

Last edited:
gutted, i had the decision to go either Florida for a month or NY for 2 weeks. I chose Florida and then i hear about this :'(

gutted, i had the decision to go either Florida for a month or NY for 2 weeks. I chose Florida and then i hear about this :'(

Florida's a beautiful state. But, NYC is my favorite city, so that's why I'm still living here. Fly up here!

totally would but its already booked and payed for :(

ill have to go up next time when Koji comes down ;p

That's understandable. Kojima seems to come every two years, so his next visit will most likely be around 2014 - hopefully, with the release of MGS 5.

Dude you won't regret it, Florida is awesome, I lived there for a bit and had such a good time. Actually, really missing it these days. What part you going to?

I got my copy of MGS 3 Subsistence signed in 2010 because I missed out on the Limited Edition. I have few things that I want to get signed this time, especially since Shinkawa is there!

But yeah, Uniqlo should open a few more stores. Paris, London, LA, NY, and South Korea seem to be Kojima's regular stops. Who knows, maybe he'll visit Australia on his next tour. Shinkawa is visiting the U.S. (which he never does), so anything is possible.

Last edited:
(shameless bump) Preventing the thread from going to page 2, where no one might see it :lol. It would be nice if there are a few more folks, but if it's just me and Jack, then it's cool.

Anyways, five more days!! :panic:

No love for the midwest at all. We dont get sheeiit around here.:( Have fun Solidus and Jack D.:wave

Thanks man! :hi5:

Yeah, all of the fun stuff seems to happen in NY and LA for some reason. I'll be sure to post pics, and document the experience, so that anyone who missed out, can at least have an idea of what was going on.

I do hope that at least a few more people reply and are willing to make the trip - it would be cool to have an SSF party in the line-up.

Anyway, if you're intersted, the MGS t-shirts will be on sale online by next week at Uniqlo's website.

@ Solidus. Definately interested in grabbing some MGS shirts but I dont think Uniqlo sells sizes XXL or XXXL..........No love for big guys in the midwest at all :(:monkey2

@ Solidus. Definately interested in grabbing some MGS shirts but I dont think Uniqlo sells sizes XXL or XXXL..........No love for big guys in the midwest at all :(:monkey2

Now that you mention it, the Uniqlo shirts run a size smaller than the standard sizes that we have in the U.S.. I usually wear size small in everything, but the Uniqlo shirts that I have are all medium sized. I remember trying on the small sized shirts in the fitting room, and they were so tight.

Where in the Midwest are you located, by the way? I have a few college friends who just moved back home to Michigan.

Omaha Nebraska :gah: Not too much here as far as conventions/signings events go, at least not the kind Im interested in. However I will say we have some of the best BEEF and PORK in the US here(weak attempt to rep my city):lol, and anyone who tells you Omaha Steaks(company) is good is lying out of their teeth. Me and my girl hope to travel up to NYC within a year or two. It would be our first time there,might have to schedule it around the next Kojima signings :rotfl

Last edited:
Omaha Nebraska :gah: Not too much here as far as conventions/signings events go, at least not the kind Im interested in. However I will say we have some of the best BEEF and PORK in the US here(weak attempt to rep my city):lol, and anyone who tells you Omaha Steaks(company) is good is lying out of their teeth. Me and my girl hope to travel up to NYC within a year or two. It would be our first time there,might have to schedule it around the next Kojima signings :rotfl

I bet your pork and beef are better than what I get in NY though. Yeah, NYC is a fantastic place to visit. I can honestly say that as a New Yorker, no matter how many times I go Manhattan during the week, I can never get tired of it. There's always something to do - food places to try out, long walks along Central Park, stuff happening at the Museum of Natural History, and of course, the celebrity signing events! This city never gets old.

If or when Kojima comes back, it'll most likely be around June 2014. So, you can set your vacation date to then, if you want! :clap

Hope you guys have a good time. I wonder what it would take to get a sketch from Shinkawa? In future what do you guys think is the best thing to get signed for selling on

Dude you won't regret it, Florida is awesome, I lived there for a bit and had such a good time. Actually, really missing it these days. What part you going to?

My buds family got a timeshare in Orlando, so we'll be there and maybe hit up Miami :)

I love American girls thats what im lookin forward to the most lol. its slim pickins where im from

When you are in Orlando go to eat at Texas de Brazil it's probably best meal I ever had. Its all you can eat steak, pork and chicken. My buddy and I went to Universal all day, then got stoned then ate for a good hour and half there haha. It was awesome.

And I love most girls, and Miami and there is one really good beach on West Coast called Siesta Keys, if you guys have a car check that out some real hot girls there.

Hope you guys have a good time. I wonder what it would take to get a sketch from Shinkawa? In future what do you guys think is the best thing to get signed for selling on

My buds family got a timeshare in Orlando, so we'll be there and maybe hit up Miami :)

I love American girls thats what im lookin forward to the most lol. its slim pickins where im from

Thanks man. That's a very tough question, though. Kojima's and Shinkawa's signatures have a lot of value regardless of what you choose to get signed. Most people just carry their favorite MGS items and have Kojima sign them.

Thanks for the good wishes guys. This is actually the first time since I've done anything like this, not sure what to expect in terms of do they charge for autographs, the size of turnout, etc. So I am excited to be able to chat with other Metal Gear heads, especially ones that collect figures!

I definitely have some MGS stuff I'd like signed, and I should have at least one MGS shirt I think.

Back