Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa Signing Session, NYC - June 8th, 9th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the good wishes guys. This is actually the first time since I've done anything like this, not sure what to expect in terms of do they charge for autographs, the size of turnout, etc. So I am excited to be able to chat with other Metal Gear heads, especially ones that collect figures!

I definitely have some MGS stuff I'd like signed, and I should have at least one MGS shirt I think.

Here's the summary of what Uniqlo had to say on their Facebook page (see below). Just be aware that Kojima and Shinkawa won't sign any t-shirts or glossy materials.

You're in for a real treat, man. It's going to be awesome! THREE MORE DAYS! :panic:

Uniqlo: The events are 6-8pm on Friday at UNIQLO 5th Ave and 4-6pm on Saturday at UNIQLO 34th Street. To qualify for an autograph, purchase $30 worth of your favorite UT Metal Gear t-shirts or other UNIQLO apparel in-store the day of the event. Keep your receipt for stamp validation in the autograph line and receive a number ticket. Autographs are first come, first served within the two hour time period and will be given on personal Metal Gear memorabilia or a provided game cover. Signatures will not be given on fabric, glossy materials or items not related to Konami or Kojima products. No photos with Mr. Kojima or Mr. Shinkawa are allowed.

I'm going! never been to one of these though, can i ask what am i allowed to bring for him to sign if anything at all? or is it just the shirts he'll be signing, i cant wait!

I'm going! never been to one of these though, can i ask what am i allowed to bring for him to sign if anything at all? or is it just the shirts he'll be signing, i cant wait!

Hey. Um........ Kojima won't be signing t-shirts. I answered that question in my previous post, that's directly above yours...... :dunno

If you're interested in going in our group, PM me your contact information (email address and cell number - if it's not a problem), and also the time that you plan to show up.

Last edited:
It was awwesome! i i think i was the 20th person in line, i got there at around 12:45.

What did u get signed Solidus? i got My play Arts Snake signed by Kojima and my HD Collection Art book signed by Yoji :)

599373_483018261715574_970649244_n.jpg

185065_483017861715614_1514927559_n.jpg
[/URL]

^Nice! You should have given me your number though, and we could have met up afterward. I met briefly with Evrybdyluvsjosh. I think he had the most unique item signed yesterday.

I'll post pics and a few YouTube videos in a little while. Really tired right now, as I just came back from the 34th Street signing!

I should have! i saw some cool items being signed, like an original MG nes game :)

I should have! i saw some cool items being signed, like an original MG nes game :)

I actually have an original NES Metal Gear game in mint condition, but since Kojima and Shinkawa didn't work on it, I never wanted to get it signed. I'll post pics of what I got in a short while. A few folks today at 34th Street had premium packages from ZOE! That was pretty awesome.

Well, here's what I got signed - the outer box for the HD Limited Edition (Friday), and my mint copy of MGS 1 (Saturday). I have to say, that I'm a bit disappointed that Shinkawa didn't draw one of his nifty Snake sketches on my stuff. It's not really that big of a deal, but it would have made his autograph even more impressive. Maybe next time. He seems to drop those sketches at very random times.

On another note, I bought six of the 25th anniversary shirts from Uniqlo, and man are they impressive.

7171588053_05f93a3a98_b.jpg

Last edited:
^Thanks man. It was so mind-numbingly hard to decide what to get signed. I don't know if I made the right decisions, but what's done is done. I can't wait for the next signing session with Kojima and Shinkawa. I guess it might be around 2014 with the release of MGS 5.

Well, here's what I got signed - the outer box for the HD Limited Edition (Friday), and my mint copy of MGS 1 (Saturday). I have to say, that I'm a bit disappointed that Shinkawa didn't draw one of his nifty Snake sketches on my stuff. It's not really that big of a deal, but it would have made his autograph even more impressive. Maybe next time. He seems to drop those sketches at very random times.

On another note, I bought six of the 25th anniversary shirts from Uniqlo, and man are they impressive.

:panic: those are awesome! i would give anything to have that MGS1 signed! have been looking up signed stuff on ebay but don't really like anything on there, awesome stuff!

Thats awesome man! i think he drew snake on mine cause he had so much space, or because he hadn't signed that many yet.

Also from what i got from people before and after me on the line was "If u want him to draw snake make sure u tell him 'Snake please'." that seems to do the trick and he doesn't seem to mind, at least is what i heard. :) anyways cool stuff man, let me know if u ever need a good home for them haha!

Thats awesome man! i think he drew snake on mine cause he had so much space, or because he hadn't signed that many yet.

Also from what i got from people before and after me on the line was "If u want him to draw snake make sure u tell him 'Snake please'." that seems to do the trick and he doesn't seem to mind, at least is what i heard. :) anyways cool stuff man, let me know if u ever need a good home for them haha!

lol nah, I don't plan to resell these :lol. But, man! I'll have to remember to tell Shinkawa "Snake please", the next time he comes. I greeted him in Japanese, but that didn't do the trick :slap.

Well, here are my two craptacular videos that I took of the lineup at both Uniqlo stores. If any of you guys see yourselves, let me know and I'll add a YouTube annotation above your heads.

Sorry if I sounded a little dazed in the videos. I was actually recovering from a fever, and I spent most of the time sitting down in the line and drinking liquids to cool off. I didn't feel like getting up and walking around too much. Yup, meeting Kojima and Shinkawa was THAT important! :yess:

June 8 - Uniqlo 53rd St, 5th Ave:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8mYHDBLBI&feature=plcp[/ame]

June 9 - Uniqlo 34th St.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_n8Rj9lQBA&feature=plcp[/ame]

The first guy in the lineup is old-school. We were both at the Times Square MGS 4 launch in 2008, then the Peace Walker signings in 2010, and now the 25th Anniversary signings in 2012. We've met Kojima about 5 times in total (and counting). Not a lot of "us" in the line - most of the folks were getting their stuff signed for the first time lol.

Pics from the 5th Ave Uniqlo:

7359398184_d80e45fcf6_b.jpg

7359383092_1b96e71be4_b.jpg

7359385512_db2b18da77_b.jpg

7359381018_d068e799d0_b.jpg

No idea what's going on in the video playing in the background lol.

7174159343_891e80016f_b.jpg

Why does this statue always make an appearance with Kojima? :lol

7174168251_89b613e969_b.jpg

These are my pics, but there are more on Uniqlo's Facebook page.

[ame]https://youtu.be/2Tm6QoXqL68[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/OIHUxcBPmoU[/ame]

bro I will never forget the awsome time we had back in 2010

Last edited:
Back