Metal Gear Solid 5 Officially Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Solid Snake fan, kind of tired of Big Boss. I didn't like seeing Solid Snake become "Old Snake" and then the menagerie of Big Boss games on other systems just made me lose track.

I know Big Boss is the "original" Snake but seeing him looking like Solid Snake feels like I'm playing as a cheesy doppelganger. I'm also getting to the point that I think MGS is getting too "Final Fantasy-ish" and getting so wrapped up in its own story and mythology that it is becoming cookie-cutter and confusing. The next MGS I hope pushes the limits and establishes some newer features. As well as perhaps a better story than the typical "Snake vs. a main bad guy with his supernatural military group and a Metal Gear".

I suppose with MGS5 they will finally go the direction of Big Boss formally establishing "Outer Heaven" and the challenges he has with that. It'll probably directly lead into the original "Metal Gear".

I'd be down for a Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake, that way they can bring back a young Solid Snake and an Evil Big Boss.

I mean how epic would it be to see Solid Snake and Big Boss fight it out with todays graphics?

Let the plot speculation begin!! :clap

I like Big Boss more than Solid Snake, so I can't say anything against the teaser pics, haha.. However, I would want another unpredictable plotline - which I always get anyway when I'm playing MGS. :clap

I suppose with MGS5 they will finally go the direction of Big Boss formally establishing "Outer Heaven" and the challenges he has with that. It'll probably directly lead into the original "Metal Gear".
I would love it if this happened.

I'd be down for a Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake, that way they can bring back a young Solid Snake and an Evil Big Boss.

I mean how epic would it be to see Solid Snake and Big Boss fight it out with todays graphics?

:lecture This would be equally cool.

I'd love to see the originals remade but I can't see Kojima making them as we all know how they would end.

Hopefully this will be Kojimas last MGS and he could finally make Z.O.E 3

So goddamn sick of Big Boss games. We need another game with Snake already.
Yeah, I hate how they are milking Big Bosses story so much while in the process, they're killing the character. They need to give him time to breathe and be missed as a character.

The least they could do is do something different like make us play as Liquid Snake prior to MGS. I mean we don't know jack about Liquid Snakes past.

Yeah, I hate how they are milking Big Bosses story so much while in the process, they're killing the character. They need to give him time to breathe and be missed as a character.

The least they could do is do something different like make us play as Liquid Snake prior to MGS. I mean we don't know jack about Liquid Snakes past.

I'm always going to be a "Snake" guy. I never got into the hype of Big Boss. Over exposure in these spin offs ruins his myth and legend. He has turned into a bad case of Diarhea, just when you think it's over and done with BB games your running to the bathroom AGAIN.

At this point I don't find anything special about BB anymore... Snake is a way more interesting character. We only know his past from hearsay.

I'm always going to be a "Snake" guy. I never got into the hype of Big Boss. Over exposure in these spin offs ruins his myth and legend. He has turned into a bad case of Diarhea, just when you think it's over and done with BB games your running to the bathroom AGAIN.

At this point I don't find anything special about BB anymore... Snake is a way more interesting character. We only know his past from hearsay.
Agreed, I think MGS3 was a perfect start and finish to Big Bosses story. MGS Portable Ops was terrible mainly because it wasn't even written or directed by Kojima. I also didn't think PW was that great either it really felt milked and I didn't like it.

I think the only way they could bring back the Solid Snake we all know and love is if they remade the MSX versions of Metal Gear 1/2. I don't know how many times i've said it but it would be epic to see a young Solid Snake go up against Big Boss with todays graphics.

I agree they are killing the myth and legend over Big Boss, at the same time they're not even doing it with an interesting story. Compare MGS3's story to Peace Walker and Peace Walker just feels like a piece of crap. It's a great game but nothing like the masterpiece that is MGS3.

Agreed, I think MGS3 was a perfect start and finish to Big Bosses story. MGS Portable Ops was terrible mainly because it wasn't even written or directed by Kojima. I also didn't think PW was that great either it really felt milked and I didn't like it.

I think the only way they could bring back the Solid Snake we all know and love is if they remade the MSX versions of Metal Gear 1/2. I don't know how many times i've said it but it would be epic to see a young Solid Snake go up against Big Boss with todays graphics.

I agree they are killing the myth and legend over Big Boss, at the same time they're not even doing it with an interesting story. Compare MGS3's story to Peace Walker and Peace Walker just feels like a piece of crap. It's a great game but nothing like the masterpiece that is MGS3.

"not even doing it with an interesting story" could not of said that better. In all honesty, MPO has a better story than PW. PW was very flat and boring in my opinion. I could care less about the rebels that were in it.

After MGS5 (I'm so irritated with Kojima and his Big Boss fetish) there won't be any story left with Big Boss. This is set in Africa right? So obviously this will end with the construction of Outer Heaven, so finally Big Boss will come to a close.

... and enter Metal Gear 1 & 2 remakes for the love of god.

The MSX games are so dated and out of touch with today's gaming that I honestly don't even acknowledge them. Sure MG2 SS has a very indepth story, it still isn't "Metal Gear" to me. They need to be put on a main console not friggin Vita. I could see them remade and play like MGS3 with the camouflage mechanic in changing your clothing.

It would be awesome to see Young Snake vs. Gray Fox in the minefield. And the battles with Big Boss, he better be using the Patriot :D

Also, Metal Gear TX-55 and Metal Gear D designs need to be retconned. They need to be brought up to date with the future designs and the designs in the Big Boss spinoffs >_> ugghh... I HATE ZEKE! It seems like every design after REX is just re-hatched REX designs. RAXA had REX's head. ZEKE... the whole goddamn thing is a skinny chicken version of REX. And the Gekkou's. I don't count RAY as a clone since it is different enough to have it's own identity, and it basically was a heightened REX design made to be a "Anti-REX" model.

Last edited:
Even if im a huge fan of Big Boss,i think a game set in Zanzibar with Snake as the playable character and his battle with Big Boss would be such a great game.

I'm not super caught up with MGS series, but where can they go with snake as the main character? Is he still an old man after the end of MGS3? I wouldn't want another game with old man snake as main character to be honest, unless they can bring back young snake for the next game.

Back