Mattel to produce Back to the Future figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting the SunStar Time Machine for a while. What's inaccurate about it? :huh

While it looks pretty good overall, there are a few missing/wrong details as it is based on a custom-built replica that was at Universal Studios Japan and not the 'filmed' version. (SunStar took a bunch of photos of the one at USJ to base their model after)

The inaccuracies include a number of missing details on the rear deck (wires, pipes, etc.), only one pole connector to the side of the rear vents (there should be 2, one on each side), as well as the wiring that wraps around the rear wheel-well molded into the diecast frame...it should only be around the front of the wheel-well and go up into the rear deck. That's the most glaring issue. They did the same on the DST 1/15 version.

There are a few more too, but those are the main ones...

Interesting.

Guess I'll wait and see what Mattel/Hot Wheels comes up with. If it's not diecast 1:18 than I'll go for the SunStar version. I've never been a stickler for screen accuracy. :)

Last edited:
God I can't wait for these figures. When do you all think that we will see something?

For $35 I am guessing it's either a 1:43 Hot Wheels Elite BTTF DeLorean or 1:18 BTTF DeLorean.

I just hope they deliver a more accurate car than their 1:64 version. Yes for $4 we can't expect much, but still. What bugs me about the 1:64 scale BTTF DeLorean is the glaring wrong wheel rims. Hot Wheels Japan have managed to get it right for their 1:64 BTTF DeLorean cars past couple of years now.

Look at the difference in the level of detailing.

Hot Wheels Japan 1:64 BTTF 2 DeLorean

Hot_Wheels_Japan_1_64_BTTF2_DeLorean.png

Hot Wheels 1:64 BTTF DeLorean

Hot_Wheels_1_64_BTTF_DeLorean.png

It needs to at least outshine the Sunstar 1:18 and Vitesse 1:43 BTTF cars. Hopefully even reach the detailed quality of Aoshima Skynet 1:43 cars which are my favourites, they are also from..that's right.. Japan.

Judging by the size of the box, what scale DeLorean do you think is inside it?

Mattel_Display_Comic_Bug01.jpg

Mattel_Display_Comic_Bug02.jpg

https://thecomicbug.com/2011/05/09/mattel-san-diego-comic-con-2011-exclusives-on-display/
Mattel's SDCC 2011 Exclusives on display at 'The Comic Bug' comic book shop in Manhattan.

https://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/video-mattels-sdcc-exclusives-on-fcbd
You can watch the video from Action Figure Insider.

Confirmed that it's the DeLorean for SDCC

SDCC Voucher Pre-sale info!!

https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#2011SDCCSalesAnn

Matty's News

7/11 SDCC Voucher Pre-Sale & 8/1 Post-SDCC Sale
June 23, 2011
Toy Fans,

Awhile back we told you that thanks to great fan feedback in 2010, we’d once again be holding a voucher pre-sale for products to be picked up at SDCC. Those same products (with a couple of variations) will also be available for sale here on Matty Collector.com on August 1st, just like last year. SDCC is barely a month away and all our ducks are lining up nicely, so here are the details (if you participated in these sales in 2010, they’re set up the exact same way so you already know the drill).

7/11 SDCC VOUCHER PRE-SALE

Be here at MattyCollector.com on Monday 7/11 at 9 a.m. PT (noon ET).
Choose the items you want and add them to your cart. There’s a purchase limit of 6 per person on all products.
Your credit card will be charged and a confirmation email (voucher) will be sent.
Bring your voucher, the credit card you used for the transaction, your identification, and your Comic-Con badge to a pre-determined location at or near SDCC (to be announced).
Pick up your product between open of show Thursday 7/21 and close of show Saturday 7/23. We’ll email you the location and pick-up times prior to the convention.
If you’re only attending Comic-Con on Sunday 7/24, this option is not available to you.
If you don’t pick up your product by the end of the show on Saturday, your product will go into the products available for sale at the show on Sunday. You may be able to purchase it then, but there are no guarantees.
All sales are final. There are NO REFUNDS so be sure you can personally pick up your purchase(s) at SDCC!
Products cannot be shipped. This option is for pick up at SDCC only, and only available to SDCC attendees (badges will be required).
Like last year, there’s a limited amount of each product available for pre-sale. It’s first-come, first-served and there are no promises you’ll be able to purchase a voucher for every product. But once you’ve got your voucher, you’re guaranteed to get your product – including Swamp Thing with Un-Men!

Here’s what we’ll have available for pre-sale (click here to see images and read the descriptions):

Ghostbusters™ Stay Puft Marshmallow Man ($70)
Masters of the Universe® Classics Queen Marlena™ Figure ($25)
Voltron® Blazing Sword Voltron ($30)
DC Universe Swamp Thing (plus Un-Men) ($30)
Young Justice Superboy in Cloning Chamber ($20)
Hot Wheels® Back to the Future Time Machine Vehicle ($35)
Hot Wheels® Franken Berry™ Vehicle ($20)
MOTUC Polly Pocket™ Collection ($20)
Monster High™ Ghoulia Yelps™ Doll ($20)
Green Lantern Kilowog ($25)
Carol Ferris Barbie® Doll ($35)
If you miss this sale or the product you want is sold out for pre-sale, we’ll still have these products available for purchase at SDCC on a first-come, first-served basis.

8/1 POST-SDCC SALE AT MATTYCOLLECTOR.COM
Not going to SDCC? We’ve got you covered! We’ll have limited quantities of your most-wanted products available here at MattyCollector.com on Monday 8/1 at 9 a.m. PT (noon ET). We're working out the details and will have the final list of products soon but we'll definitely have everything from MOTUC, Ghostbusters and DCU. Please note that Swamp Thing won’t have the Un-Men and Queen Marlena will be packed as Captain Glenn™ Heroic Galactic Adventurer™, but she’ll still have all the accessories you need to transform her into Marlena.

That’s everything for now! As far as reminders go, I send emails so click here to register and I’ll send them your way. You can also find reminders on Facebook, Twitter, and in our Fan Forums.

—Matty

Nice! Can we assume that it is 1:18 scale die-cast?

Nice! Can we assume that it is 1:18 scale die-cast?

If it comes in that box in the store display, no way, too small to be 1:18. Probably about the same size as like the 7-8" long Deloreans that were made, I have one from part 2.

Might have to wait and see how detailed it is before pulling the trigger on a SunStar 1:16 version.

Show us the figures already. I want a Marty and Doc compatible with the 5" Ghostbusters.

Here is what a Hot Wheels Designer recently mentioned about the upcoming BTTF DeLorean Model.

"I'll take this (or any) opportunity to say I just received FEP of the San Diego Comic-Con version of the BTTF Time Machine... holy smokes. I don't think we've ever done a car with more detailed deco operations... this is Elite-level detail. And don't even get me started on the packaging. This is going to be a holy grail for a lot of folks."

* Final Engineering Prototype

Here is what a Hot Wheels Designer recently mentioned about the upcoming BTTF DeLorean Model.

"I'll take this (or any) opportunity to say I just received FEP of the San Diego Comic-Con version of the BTTF Time Machine... holy smokes. I don't think we've ever done a car with more detailed deco operations... this is Elite-level detail. And don't even get me started on the packaging. This is going to be a holy grail for a lot of folks."

That sounds awesome! I'm curios to see the size and detail of this. Interesting that they mention 'elite' level detailing. Based on the size of the box, I was thinking this might be a 1:43 elite version (like the upcoming Ecto-1). Also the $35 price point had me thinking that as well. Hope a 1:18 elite style isn't too far behind!

Looking forward to a Marty, Doc Brown and Einstein in 1/6 scale if this development ever comes true.

A 1/6 DeLorean would of course be SUPER but it'd probably cost as much as Plutonium. :yess:

Awesome. :cool:

Sucks so much that mattel doesnt show any BTTF protypes this year SDCC :(.Im looking forward to Marty and Doc Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back