Mattel to produce Back to the Future figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
okay...what I'm saying is he known to not want figures made of him or something or is everyone just assuming?

Both avoid anything to do with this like the plague. Its not talked about much because nothing merchandise wise moved because of Fox but Glover has always been against it since BTTF 1, hell they flipped around the stand-in actor for the 2015 scenes because it isn't him, it's Jeffrey Weissman.

Wilson's complaints are new, he recently (in the past few years) went on a tirade about how he hated the Biff character and the typecasting that followed. He stated unofficially that he wants nothing to do with the franchise any longer.

It doesn't matter to me if those characters are generic-looking. Just give me reasonable likenesses of Fox and Lloyd :rock

Honestly though, Mattel lacks the ability to give us good likenesses, so there are all gonna be pseudo-cartoon characters anyway. It doesn't seem to me that there would be any more issue than if a Kubrick or Minimate was made (and they have been, presumably because likeness rights are generally a non-issue with those kinds of toys).

Honestly, I hope they don't. Trevor has said he'd love to tackle a Marty and Doc 1/6 likeness eventually and looking at his Firefly stuff, that kind of TLC we won't get from something mass produced. The Mattel 1/6 will be good enough to get some of the pieces hard to track down in terms of clothing but even the HT version will pale in comparision to a custom job IMHO. I need a Marty in my collection but I don't need one for $150 that comes off like the last few likenesses which are just characterizations more than dead on sculpts.

the figures aren't due out till like 2012 any way but i want a biff and George as much as marty and doc, all great characters. also I'm a huge Crispin Glover fan and always wanted a figure of him of any character.

I wonder how many DMD's these will contain... Like the 1:15 delorean car's incorrect black on yellow licence plate.

In product licensing toy manufacture that is one way of process control in purchase flow. Of course they knew that that licence plate should have been been orange and silver instead of yellow and black. (they model the rest of the car based on the same movie screenshots).

It is a purposeful error to encourage double purchasing. In a years time they will bring out the "corrected" version, and enjoy a minor resurgence in sales to distributors.

I just hope these figures will contain no or few DMD's.

ill be keeping a keen eye on this line, was very happy with the gb line with some custom sculpts

Wondering if there any die hard BTTF collectors in this thread? I've been wanting to get a scaled Delorean time machine and was looking for some references and suggestions on the best ones to get.

Last edited:
Ended up ordering the Diamond Select Part II Delorean. Always liked the flying cars part of the story.

^^^Those are pretty cool, but what about the Mattel Figures?

Well,
Seems like one version of the Delorean will be a SDCC exclusive...
no more details yet...

Hot Wheels® Back to the Future™ Vehicle ($35)

We’re pretty sure Doc Brown himself would approve of this exclusive from the classic Back to the Future flick. We can show you the box, but not what's inside. We don't dare.

BTTFDelorean_001_md.jpg

Box looks amazing! :lol!

Cool box.

Wonder how the car will differ from this one:

27a4e03ae7a0d74d8678c110.L.jpg

284b_1_sbl.JPG

ss2002.jpg

1:18

Last edited:
Well,
Seems like one version of the Delorean will be a SDCC exclusive...
no more details yet...

BTTFDelorean_001_md.jpg

Box looks amazing! :lol!

Hmmm, at $35 could this be an indication that Mattel is adding the BTTF DeLorean to their 'elite' line of movie vehicles (that includes the A-Team van and the Ghostbusters Ecto 1) in 1/43 AND 1/18? I sure hpe so...and I hope they get those SunStar inaccuracies right! :wink1:

The SunStar was die-cast. Will this be plastic?

...and I hope they get those SunStar inaccuracies right! :wink1:

I've been wanting the SunStar Time Machine for a while. What's inaccurate about it? :huh

i have all 4 of the sunstar ones - they look awesome... but i've heard there are inaccuracies too. interested to know what they are too, never researched that myself.

btw... forgive me for not going back through the thread... but are mattel actually going to do 1/6, like their GB line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back