Mattel BTTF 2 Hoverboard Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine yesterday. The stickers are not bad on mine. Overal Im happy with it.

What a terrible review... and the "working" probably costs 10 times the Mattel does...

in all fairness, Gizmodo isn't really a site to check for such things. And lately the quality of their articles has gone down the drain anyway.

No kidding... terrible review...

Not saying this isn't or is a piece of crap, but that review is a worthless read.

:lecture

Mattel pulled people off this project, according to a former employee of Mattel Design and the budget reduced. The Hoverboard font is stretched and the bubbles are made up by Mattel Design. If Mattel had used the Lenticular or the very least the photo board graphic, people would probably say this is a decent replica.

After a week of trying to warm up to this thing by having it displayed, it is one purchase that to me is not worth even close to the $130 pricetag.

This sticker application just sets me off!

CAM00393.jpg

So, I boxed it up called Indian River (I mean "digital") and told them I just want my money back and to send me a return tag, however they won't send me a return tag unless it's for a replacement... I contemplated doing that, but I think on principal anyone who has *****ed or complained about this product and keeps it is being a dingbat.

We should all be sending them back in record time & not using our love for BTTF as an excuse for us to keep this poorly made and overpriced product.

I just don't think I should have to pay out of pocket to return this bait & switch item.

M.

I was bummed I wasn't able to get in on the pre-order for this due to budgeting my expenses.
After looking at pics of the board it really doesn't come across as a $130 piece. Forty to $50 perhaps.

yeah, I'm starting to get the same feeling.

I see you're in the Netherlands, shipping to send it back is going to kill you and that is not fair to you... and I thought I was to have it bad by mailing it in the US.

I told DR i am keeping the mini board, I feel the preorderers have earned that no matter what... she of course did not understand what I meant by that. :/

M.

i am just leaving mine in the box and waiting a few months to see what they do on ebay...you never know with things like this

i am just leaving mine in the box and waiting a few months to see what they do on ebay...you never know with things like this

The boys at another "reputable prop replica board" are already seeking solutions for developing mods for this Mattel hover board. It's just a matter of time before they develop viable solutions. For the most part, people are complaining about the details but not the actual main plastic board itself as it is sturdy and of good weight. I think once there are acceptable mods like custom stickers sets, accurate foot straps, velcro mods among other things available, a niche demand for this board might increase for those willing to take on a modification project.

Mattel should have gotten it right the first time regardless, but there will always be that niche of fans willing to utilize their do-it-yourself skills to upgrade a stock item. It will be interesting to see in the upcoming months what happens if this turns into unsalable paperweight or highly modifiable stock board.

I see you're in the Netherlands, shipping to send it back is going to kill you and that is not fair to you... and I thought I was to have it bad by mailing it in the US.

yeah, sending it back is going to cost me even more. Unless I can send it back to their European HQ, which happens to be in the Netherlands.

but i think i'll just keep it, with mixed feelings.

Still haven't received mine and it was send to me on the 6th.

didnt they send a trackingnumber?

or is it stuck in customs? They love "adult collectibles" there (the box is marked as adult collectible....). they're probably hoping it's a collection of dildos.

I received mine the other day. I'm VERY disappointed! The decal just looks tacky. The sound effects are terrible. It's a disaster all around. NOT what we were promised! I wouldn't pay $50 for this if I had to buy it again.:(

Back