Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When is Sideshow going to put this up? I can only assume they will sell both Marty and Doc. I'm kinda hoping for a two pack set option now.

Hey guys hope everyone had a great weekend check out our special showcase and unboxing of Hot Toys Marty, The Delorean and the Star Wars Coruscant Guard. Awesome show!

How did they get the likeness to look worse on the new head, after they nailed the likeness on Part 2 Marty?

Plus it's too serious an expression for Marty.

Forgive me for my lack of skills, but I photoshopped the previous BTTF1 release headsculpt on this picture... It's a bit oversized, but I think you can clearly see that the sculpt fits the set better.

RPUEBAy.jpg

I now realise they could be called "the toothless duo"... Doc sculpt does not have teeth either? That was a let down in the first sculpt though.

Hey guys, forgive me if this was mentioned previously in this thread.
i was wondering if anyone has taken off the denim jacket on this. Does the red undershirt have sleeves? Are the arms unsculpted (generic plastic body details)? I am interested in seeing if I can give him the alternate 1985 look somewhat like this from the 2015 version. Just red shirt and jeans. Thanks!

Attachments

• FB70071F-3CB9-4E78-B297-531A1E6BC995.png
    FB70071F-3CB9-4E78-B297-531A1E6BC995.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
People’s opinions on the new Marty head sculpt will be based upon which camp they’re in:
- Never owned a Marty figure: Figure looks great!

- Paid retail for the original, still own it, and watched it go up in value: Figure looks terrible!

- Paid aftermarket prices for the original and still own it: Figure is awful. Worst cash grab and huge step backwards. Possibly the worst thing Hot Toys has released since the last re-do of a figure that I paid too much for on EBay.

People’s opinions on the new Marty head sculpt will be based upon which camp they’re in:

- Paid retail for the original, still own it, and watched it go up in value: Figure looks terrible!

- Paid aftermarket prices for the original and still own it: Figure is awful. Worst cash grab and huge step backwards. Possibly the worst thing Hot Toys has released since the last re-do of a figure that I paid too much for on EBay.
Possibly. People need to also consider that the OG Marty was designed for us to mainly replicate the movie poster. Hence the sunglasses. If you look at the poster and the OG headsculpt, you can see why the design choices.

This new version is meant to replicate when they are testing the DeLorean at Twin Pines Mall. I suppose it is mainly supposed to be the moment the DeLorean time travels and the fire trails are left. At that moment is when I see the representation of this headsculpt the most, alongside Doc.

I’m in a different camp. Sold my Marty long ago because of the terrible likeness. V2 is slightly better but still a terrible likeness. That ain’t Michael J Fox.

I’m in a different camp. Sold my Marty long ago because of the terrible likeness. V2 is slightly better but still a terrible likeness. That ain’t Michael J Fox.
In the OG Marty, I see bits and pieces of an older MJF, but in the new one I feel like I instantly see bits and pieces of like Christian Bale or Edward Furlong (T2 John Connor). Some angles I see MJF a little. It’s weird how they can’t nail the portrait. Justin’s showcase video did make it look a bit better though.

I will see how it looks next week in person and then decide if I want to buy or not.

Purchased this years ago but never realized the headphone plug should come pre-glued to the walkman. Then upon closer look the previous owner had tried to glue it back. I can no longer find the hole to insert the headphone wire back in. Any tips on how I can repair this? Obviously I would have to repaint the area.

20210918_214823945_iOS.jpg

Purchased this years ago but never realized the headphone plug should come pre-glued to the walkman. Then upon closer look the previous owner had tried to glue it back. I can no longer find the hole to insert the headphone wire back in. Any tips on how I can repair this? Obviously I would have to repaint the area.

View attachment 538865
Yikes. Isn’t that the whole on the left side of the grey ? You could always see if people are selling it!

Back