Mattel SDCC Exclusives Pre-Sale is May 30th!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when did you all go pick up?

Last year you had to go to the Marriot hotel and line up outside at one of the ballrooms (Torrey Pines Rm). You had to show your email confirmation, ID, Comic-Con badge and the credit card you used to make the purchase. They ran out of some of the stuff that was pre-ordered, like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. I saw flippers walking away with bags and others having to wait for the stock to be reflled and come back. There were plenty of people behind the scenes, but only one or two helping customers picking up their items.

I've missed out on pieces I've wanted at both Hasbro and Mattel in years past. I've wasted my time in both lines, for the vouchers just to stand in the purchase line to have things sell out on me.
I guess it all depends on what you wanted and how popular it was, will let you be able to just walk up to the booth and purchase it.

Incidentally, I walked up to the Hasbro booth in the afternoon and bought items without a voucher/ticket. If I recall correctly, you could also do the same at the Mattel booth.

Except all the good stuff was already sold out at that point. That's why there were no lines.

Back