KOTCS Indy PF...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:duff

And I sir, respect yours. Not many people would want a Willie from TOD-- but then that movie holds a special place for me and I love the opening sequence (as your name probably suggests that you do as well).

The opening sequence of TOD has always been a favorite of mine. It's unique in that Indy's more suave than we usually see him, in a dangerous world of gangsters and dames.

There was a time when the rest of TOD really annoyed me, because it was so different from Raiders. But recently I have come to see it as being more true to Indy's pulp serial origins than any of the other films, and I enjoy it very much on its own terms.

I never did mind Willie. She was no Marion, but she wasn't supposed to be. She was a blonde, 'Fay Wray' sort of damsel. If they had no intention of bringing back Karen Allen then I'm glad they didn't recast her or give us Marion lite. So, I'd definately buy a Willie PF. Just hope we get Marion first if they do any of the heroines at all.

I think you guys need to take step back man.
If this line does want to carry on sideshow are going to have to take it slow. There a company that do take chances. The first Indy pf sold ok and I think if this turns out to be a great statue like its looking to be it will sell ok as well.
There are tons of sideshow and indy fans who wil buy this who aren't even on this forum , if sideshow truly does want this line to carry on they can't make all the most popular characters in pf form first otherwise once there left with the boring characters every time theres a new release people start complaining that there boring every time.
Sideshow has to please its fans yes, but in the end there simply a company making money and have clever ways of doing it.
I think it was a bad move releasing this statue straight after this one. I do want it but I hope if it doesn't sell too well sideshow should realize in the end this is going to be one of the least popular statues no matter how cool it looks simply because its from the worst ( in most peoples opinion ) movies and we already have an Indy pf as well.

The first Indy pf didn't sell out did it ?.
If Mola Ram was released it would sell a little better I'm sure. A pf of Mola Ram could be amazing , as some have said light up heart etc. There are a few characters who could do well , more Indy pfs too from the different and more requested movies.
But releasing all the popular characters one after the other would only make the line die out faster and thats something I don't want to see since I don't only enjoy buying the statues but I enjoy getting excited about newsletters and discussing things like this on here.

Another reason people complaining got on my nerves so much and telling us not to buy this is for the fact that future Indy statues ( such as the highly requested pf Mola Ram ) are probably likely to be partly decided on the sales of this !.

A smart business wouldn't spend money and time in R&D to take chances with a release and then base future releases off of its sales. That's not good business and not smart thinking at all.

Like the Indy in German Disguise, I think this figure would be a welcome addition to anyone's collection but the timing is waaaaaaaaaaaay off. If offered down the line, after the other Indy's (rope bridge from TOD and possibly machine gun Indy -though a better facial expression :lol - or other pose from TLC) people would be demanding this PF to complete their PF collection. But choosing to release him now? :huh

I'd be concerned that their infamous "lack of collector interest" finger pointing blamegame could be utilized to put this license "on hold" when this figure and German Indy don't sell as well as Sideshow thinks they should. In a sense, blaming us for their poor decision in their line-up of releases.

You said it. She was just awful in CS acting wise.

She was conscious and looked thrilled to be given a few days off from knitting scarves in her textile factory.

As for Willie, I agree that if they weren't going to bring back Marion for the second film, they were going to have to go with a completely different kind of female character because they did it just right the first time around. Another tomboyish female who could outdrink the villain, throw punches and still look pretty in an evening gown would just have been repetitive.

At any rate, I wouldn't buy any of the female characters in the PF line. Mola Ram and Henry, Sr. would complete my collection and give me one iconic character from the three classic films.

Well, of the other possible character options for the PF line that you list I would only get two of them-- Mola Ram and Henry Sr. I would have no interest in a 1/4 Marion, Belloq, Sallah, or young Indy (I would have an interest in the first three in 1/6 format though as shown by my purchase of the already released Belloq).

Pretty much my thoughts as well. Outside of an Indy from each film Mola and Sr are the only others I would get. I can imagine this is the case for most folks out there with the cost of PF's. Now, in 1:6th I'm more likely to get figures of characters I would pass on in PF.

Here's a nice high res reference pic detailing the colors and jacket length:

indy4imdb2.jpg

indy.jpg

7193_600x400.jpg

I agree with some who said this piece shouldn't have been released so close to the other one, considering that you can still get the regular version. However, as bad as the movie was, I think it is a great looking statue and I might get it.

This is what Trevor said on his blog....

Old_Man_Jones_by_trev_solo.jpg

"I don't want to step on Sideshow's toes, so I'm only posting this one shot. when the gallery goes up during the preorder, I'll share some others.

I had a blast making this version of Indy. Crystal Skull was very disappointing for me back in May, but I've grown to enjoy its good and bad qualities. :) Harrison IS Indy regardless of age, and sculpting his older face was a joy. I also like how we tipped his hat back...I think that was a cool decision on Sideshow's part.

sculpted in 1/4 scale in waxes
Trev "

I agree with some who said this piece shouldn't have been released so close to the other one, considering that you can still get the regular version. However, as bad as the movie was, I think it is a great looking statue and I might get it.

This is what Trevor said on his blog....

Old_Man_Jones_by_trev_solo.jpg

"I don't want to step on Sideshow's toes, so I'm only posting this one shot. when the gallery goes up during the preorder, I'll share some others.

I had a blast making this version of Indy. Crystal Skull was very disappointing for me back in May, but I've grown to enjoy its good and bad qualities. :) Harrison IS Indy regardless of age, and sculpting his older face was a joy. I also like how we tipped his hat back...I think that was a cool decision on Sideshow's part.

sculpted in 1/4 scale in waxes
Trev "

As I said before, I don't necessarily think this is a bad choice, just a bad time. If they'd waited until after releasing Indy PFs from the other two movies, Not only would the reception have been better, but there would actually be somewhat of a demand for this piece.

As I said before, I don't necessarily think this is a bad choice, just a bad time. If they'd waited until after releasing Indy PFs from the other two movies, Not only would the reception have been better, but there would actually be somewhat of a demand for this piece.

In my opinion there is a demand for this piece.
There are a lot of us who liked the last movie, I think you're one of them, correct?
I really feel that this PF will be much more limited than the Raiders one.

In my opinion there is a demand for this piece.
There are a lot of us who liked the last movie, I think you're one of them, correct?
I really feel that this PF will be much more limited than the Raiders one.

Maybe it will... maybe it won't. :rolleyes:
If it was an ES "worth noting" they would have announced before putting it out for ordering.

Whatever the case, even if it is more limited than the first, I still think we'll see a couple of thousand of these in total.

That, coupled with a higher price tag (which I am sure it will be), and a few issues with the way he is standing/length of jacket/nature of the exclusive.... blah blah blah... makes me think that these will be on Sideshow's shelves for quite some time... even if they sell out to begin with... you just watch.

Oh and something else. Now that collectors know that Sideshow is keen to doing more Indy's from other movies, some collectors will be saving their bucks for other, more wanted versions. The only ones that would want the whole line up are the hard core fans that have the money for all versions.

But for the average "movie" collector, like someone else said, they already have Indy in their collection.

The opening sequence of TOD has always been a favorite of mine. It's unique in that Indy's more suave than we usually see him, in a dangerous world of gangsters and dames.

There was a time when the rest of TOD really annoyed me, because it was so different from Raiders. But recently I have come to see it as being more true to Indy's pulp serial origins than any of the other films, and I enjoy it very much on its own terms.

:rotfl Once I got the two little ones to bed last night and the hockey game went to its first intermission I popped my TOD DVD in and watched the opening sequence... Maybe it's just because I was the right age in '84-'85 but TOD for me is one of my all-time favourite movies... And I know that in the PF format I'd probably buy more from this Indy film than from any of the others.

The whole thing sort of feels like a James Bond opening. You guys should check this print out, I got it on ebay for $20.

PICT1467.jpg

That and Ford was at his best as Indy in Tod imho.

I'm a big fan of Temple. I like how dark it is and it really has it's moments. I gather it's got the best ending out of the quad, but that's just my opinion. Plus there's the mine cart chase. The whole opening sequence is great and Spielberg's nod to Bond really shines through, and c'mon it's Club "Obi-Wan" how cool is that! To add to that Mola is my favorite of the Indy villains. It's definitely one of my favorite movies.

:gun "We are going TO DIE!" :whip

I'm a big fan of Temple. I like how dark it is and it really has it's moments. I gather it's got the best ending out of the quad, but that's just my opinion. Plus there's the mine cart chase. The whole opening sequence is great and Spielberg's nod to Bond really shines through, and c'mon it's Club "Obi-Wan" how cool is that! To add to that Mola is my favorite of the Indy villains. It's definitely one of my favorite movies.

:gun "We are going TO DIE!" :whip

This is the best.

qzes5e.gif

I think he would have looked better in this pose, the 'part-time professor' look:

indiana_jones_and_the_kingdom_of_the_crystal_skull_movie_image_harrison_ford__1_.jpg

Although, I also would have liked the idea of Raiders Indy being with jacket, TOD without, TLC with jacket and LOTCS without, maybe like this:

Indiana_Jones_4_Pics_11-1.jpg

Back