KOTCS Indy PF...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mola Ram with light up flaming heart PF looks awesome!!!... oh... wait, it's KOTCS Indy.... :huh

It'll be an interesting bookend with young Indy I suppose, but I have no desire for any CS swag.

Here are screen grabs of the vid

indy01.jpg

indy.jpg

dang man, the odd angle in that second pic makes Indy looks like a caveman with that huge sloping forehead.

Thing is, this PF reminds me too much of this iconic publicity still from Raiders:

42-19952407.jpg

I'd much rather have a variant Raiders Indy in this pose than Granpa Jones.

indiana-jones-and-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull-ford.jpg

When I first saw the preview I was "ah, come on! that sucks!" But watching the trailer the sculpt looks to be great of ancient Indy and I actually prefer this pose.

And I didn't hate the movie. It's not an automatic buy - but I'm not dismissing it outright as I might have if someone just told me about it.

I already have the ultimate Indy PF. Much rather spend the $300 on other characters from the license. I'm quite surprised they'd roll with another Indy (let alone a version not loved nearly as much by collectors) when the Ex of the first one went on second chance for what seemed like MONTHS and the regular is still available.

:sleep..............

Yeah. Another surprisingly headscratching release for the Jones license (and not necessarily in a good way) :lol.

Thing is, this PF reminds me too much of this iconic publicity still from Raiders:

42-19952407.jpg

It does seem like they kinda got them backwards, doesn't it? :huh

42-19952407.jpg

hmmm... good point.
Never noticed that. It does seem they got them mixed up.
Either way it doesn't bug me and I think the pose works from what I've seen so far.
What I really want to see is the base.
They could put some of those ants on it. :lol

i was hoping a TOD with machete indy would come next :(
i like this pose, not too impressed with the whip, looks too circular, needs to hang more, or at least the end of it.
I dont mind this indy and will probably get it and add it to the indy collection, BUT its gona have to be real special and either have a great base or a excellent exclusive or both to stand out from the first indy PF. :whip

I think the accessories for any KOTCS figure should include replicas of George and Steven's a$$es, so I can kick them! :lol

I gotta say that I'm a little disappointed. I mean, what's next? TOD Indy with the machete, then TLC Indy? How many PFs of the same freakin' guy do I need in my collection?

At least if it was TOD Indy, there'd be some difference in the outfits to add some flair to the display. But with this one I'll just basically have two guys dressed pretty much identically, only one seems about 20 years older than the other. It'll be like a before and after shot for Weight Watchers and Just For Men hair dye.

Glad to see the Indy PF line isn't dead!

From what we can tell, I think the sculpt looks pretty good, and the pose is great. But I echo the posters who've already stated they don't see much difference compared to the Raiders PF.

This definitely wasn't at the top of my list for the next PF. A TOD Indy would have been strikingly different from the Raiders one. And I know there's some people surprised we're getting more Indys instead of other characters at all.

Still, I'll wait to see better pictures before deciding I want to buy or not. I'm really curious to see what the base is here. A piece of the temple at the end of the movie? A section of the saucer?

A bunch of stacked crates from the warehouse? Including a smashed up one revealing the Ark inside? Now that would be awesome...

I like the pose of this one much more than the last... I may turn the first one into a Cairo Indy anyway now that I converted it to have posable arms..

Looks good to me. I'm guessing the "looks cheap" comments are based on blown up screen caps of low-res video.

The pose is nice, but I think the "part time" pose would have been a better choice; when you think of KOTCS Indy, you think of that scene... or of a fridge.

Love it or hate it, I'm just so glad to see Sideshow is supporting this line.

The exclusive is a walker and the base is part of the nursing home floor.

I think Its a good choice as you have Indy from one end of the spectrum to the other.
I won't get this because I have no room for it.:( But I hope a 1/6th version comes out at the same time.
I knew there would be people who would moan, but I'm kinda surprised by some who are hardcore Indy fans?
Come on guys It's INDY
Oh and to all those making fun of the Man, Harrison Ford.
He's probably in better shape at 65 than you are now

For what it is worth :) I will get to work this weekend on the patterns for a new PF scale KOTCS belt, KOTCS style whip keeper and Webley holster ! Will have them ready in time for the release.

Back