KOTCS Indy PF...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing is, this PF reminds me too much of this iconic publicity still from Raiders:

42-19952407.jpg

I'd much rather have a variant Raiders Indy in this pose than Granpa Jones.

indiana-jones-and-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull-ford.jpg

That was exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pose. Too much like the Raiders pose, IMO. Needless to say I'm highly disappointed in this choice. If you are going to do another Indy, I would prefer ToD. I have no desire for LC or KOTCS versions. And why make two Indys in a row? Pick another character or two in PF, then go back to Indy. Oh well, I guess I just saved myself $300.

Bag needs to go over the jacket...

I was so proud I noticed that in KOTCS, so Sideshow should too...

I think Its a good choice as you have Indy from one end of the spectrum to the other.
I won't get this because I have no room for it.:( But I hope a 1/6th version comes out at the same time.
I knew there would be people who would moan, but I'm kinda surprised by some who are hardcore Indy fans?
Come on guys It's INDY
Oh and to all those making fun of the Man, Harrison Ford.
He's probably in better shape at 65 than you are now

Damn straight!

3408721673_33e2408edb_o.jpg

I like it overall. The sculpt (from what can be seen) is very nice. I love the pose. I'm sure the accessories will also be of the same good quality as the last PF...but once again SS has screwed up the colors and there is no excuse.

The jacket in CS was a lighter brown than in any of the other films and SS chose to make it a dark brown. Why? Dunno.
The bag strap in CS was a dark brown (almost black) as it was in Last Crusade and SS chose to make it a very medium brown. Why? Dunno.
The holster in CS is again, almost black and SS chose to do it (again) in more of a brick-red/brown. Why? No freakin idea.
The web belt also looks to be a bit darker than it should but it may just be the lighting.
The jacket is seriously too short this time around. I had no problem with the Raiders PF jacket length as so many did but this one is too short...period. The Crystal Skull jacket is the longest of all the Indy jackets and gives that particular movie costume a distinct look. AND...as some have already pointed out, the bag strap goes over the jacket and is only seen like that in Crystal Skull. If Sideshow looked at any of the publicity stills or the movie itself they would have seen that since it's never seen under the jacket at all.

Why do they continue to have such a problem with this?

Now, many of you simply don't care and thats just fine. You just want another cool Indy on your shelf, but to the hardcore fan who's been waiting for something like this it could be a deal-breaker. Once again we'll have fans who purchase this looking for custom this and that just to get it looking as it did in the film - the way SS should have and damn well could have from the beginning. Sad.

I too am glad the line is progressing but I'm not sure how they'll do attempting to sell this from the absolute least favorite of all the Indy films. In fact, they missed the window and should have put this out first when the film was in theaters. Why they went backwards is again, a mystery. Although I won't ever in my life pickl one of these up I do hope it does well because I want to see more of these, especially from Raiders, although I think they're done with Raiders in the PF dept.

I knew there would be people who would moan, but I'm kinda surprised by some who are hardcore Indy fans?
Come on guys It's INDY
Just because it's Indy doesn't mean the fans should automatically like it. Most hardcore fans don't look at it as "Oh, it's Indy so I'll buy it". When spending this kind of money it's gotta be good. Times are tight right now and SS needs to put more effort into getting these issues right or people will pass, even the hardocre fans. I guarantee you that the fact that they dropped the ball again on the color scheme once again will piss off the Indy fans just as it did last time. Now, I'm talking about the hardcore fans, not the passerbys who just want a nice statue. I hope thats clear. I'm sure the hardcore SW fans wouldn't sit still if the Han in Carbonite came out in bright pink. They surely wouldn't be all calm and say, "No big deal, it's Han." They'd be like...WTF? Same thing here.

Many of you on another thread have said that SS's bread and butter are their PF figures. If that's the case then why don't they put more energy and love into getting it right right out of the gate? Why go 80% when you can go 100%? I soooooo wish I could ask some of the upper management at Sideshow this and get a straight answer.

Last edited:
3408721673_33e2408edb_o.jpg

I like it overall. The sculpt (from what can be seen) is very nice. I love the pose. I'm sure the accessories will also be of the same good quality as the last PF...but once again SS has screwed up the colors and there is no excuse.

The jacket in CS was a lighter brown than in any of the other films and SS chose to make it a dark brown. Why? Dunno.
The bag strap in CS was a dark brown (almost black) as it was in Last Crusade and SS chose to make it a very medium brown. Why? Dunno.
The holster in CS is again, almost black and SS chose to do it (again) in more of a brick-red/brown. Why? No freakin idea.
The web belt also looks to be a bit darker than it should but it may just be the lighting.
The jacket is seriously too short this time around. I had no problem with the Raiders PF jacket length as so many did but this one is too short...period. The Crystal Skull jacket is the longest of all the Indy jackets and gives that particular movie costume a distinct look.

Why do they continue to have such a problem with this?

Now, many of you simply don't care and thats just fine. You just want another cool Indy on your shelf, but to the hardcore fan who's been waiting for something like this it could be a deal-breaker. Once again we'll have fans who purchase this looking for custom this and that just to get it looking as it did in the film - the way SS should have and damn well could have from the beginning. Sad.

I too am glad the line is progressing but I'm not sure how they'll do attempting to sell this from the absolute least favorite of all the Indy films. In fact, they missed the window and should have put this out first when the film was in theaters. Why they went backwards is again, a mystery. Although I won't ever in my life pickl one of these up I do hope it does well because I want to see more of these, especially from Raiders, although I think they're done with Raiders in the PF dept.

Just because it's Indy doesn't mean the fans should automatically like it. Most hardcore fans don't look at it as "Oh, it's Indy so I'll buy it". When spending this kind of money it's gotta be good. Times are tight right now and SS needs to put more effort into getting these issues right or people will pass, even the hardocre fans. I guarantee you that the fact that they dropped the ball again on the color scheme once again will piss off the Indy fans just as it did last time. Now, I'm talking about the hardcore fans, not the passerbys who just want a nice statue. I hope thats clear. I'm sure the hardcore SW fans wouldn't sit still if the Han in Carbonite came out in bright pink. They surely wouldn't be all calm and say, "No big deal, it's Han." They'd be like...WTF? Same thing here.

Many of you on another thread have said that SS's bread and butter are their PF figures. If that's the case then why don't they put more energy and love into getting it right right out of the gate? Why go 80% when you can go 100%? I soooooo wish I could ask some of the upper management at Sideshow this and get a straight answer.

HARDCORE !. :rock:lol

For what it is worth :) I will get to work this weekend on the patterns for a new PF scale KOTCS belt, KOTCS style whip keeper and Webley holster ! Will have them ready in time for the release.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

This would be an ESSENTIAL addition to this collectable. Mike's RAIDERS belt, whip keeper and holster MAKES my Indy PF!

:gun

Agent5 Ladies and Gentlemen, who never has a bad word to say about Sideshow.

I was talking about the choice of a KOTCS Indy not the Paint app or choice of pose.
This is a Proto so it will look different when it comes out.
Oh, and this will sell out, as I guess it will be limited to 1000 if you're lucky.

I didn't have a problem with the Raiders jacket either but this one is DEFINITELY too short. I'm most excited about TOD Indy but as a fan of KOTCS its exciting to see Old Indy in PF form. I think a lot of you need to go back and watch the original promotional video for the SSC Indy line. They said the PF's would almost exclusively be various representations of Indiana Jones himself while the 1/6 line would be their venue for branching out into a broader range of characters.

I'm dying to know what he's standing on!

You know, I think I actually might get it if he's standing on the fridge.

But he won't be. I'm expecting a warehouse base. And if the EX is an alternate hatless head sculpt...

You know, I think I actually might get it if he's standing on the fridge.

But he won't be. I'm expecting a warehouse base. And if the EX is an alternate hatless head sculpt...

HAHA! That would be too funny, standing on the fridge! The warehouse would be a strange thing for him to be standing in since he didn't wear his jacket in that scene. I'm guessing something in South America...Maybe some kind of rock base terrain or the inside of the temple or something.

We definitely DON'T need an alternate hatless head. I'm hoping it's the switch-out hand holding the crystal skull.

Back