1/6 How it is made: DETOLF TANTIVE IV service corridor!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!! I'm just prepping my shelves and debating if i should create a top for it of some kind? You are using dark floors now, yes Jazz? I saw on one of your videos that the metal is showing up a darker color, or was that after you painted it?

Yes, the floor is a dark grey color. I am debating whether or not there will be enough people interested in a truscale version of this one with the built-in ceiling like this design:
1adb0fadd6e75fbad74a29fd58c3090d.jpg

OH....ME! ME! ME!!! Seriously, though....me!!!!

Edited: Even if it's just the addition of the roof, that'd be nice. After seeing you increased the length, i'm not sure I have the room for the true scale depth on this one.

Could indeed be a tough sell though its versatile design would work with more than Star Wars figures IMO.

Yes, the floor is a dark grey color. I am debating whether or not there will be enough people interested in a truscale version of this one with the built-in ceiling like this design:

Hmmm. With the expansion floor is it not, ignoring the height for a second, pretty much truscale already? If you could design the roof as an add on (like the expansion flooring) then wouldn't that give the full truscale effect? Then you have the single besta line with truscale add-on pack. Add-on could be made in small runs and that keeps your inventory line more streamlines and gives purchasers more choice.

I just hopped in here and not sure if this has been mentioned (or thought of), but if there is enough interest in the truscale ver., perhaps design the piece so one or both of the sidewalls can be removed so it can be displayed lengthwise to fit on shelf, dresser, etc. Display options would be quite limited w/ just a depth display design.

I like the idea of the completely round presentation and most importantly the roof, but I don't think the true scale depth is manageable from a display perspective. I like momaw's idea of making a kit for the roof to add on to the besta line. I was contemplating building my own roof, but i won't be able to match Joot's work.

Hmmm. With the expansion floor is it not, ignoring the height for a second, pretty much truscale already? If you could design the roof as an add on (like the expansion flooring) then wouldn't that give the full truscale effect? Then you have the single besta line with truscale add-on pack. Add-on could be made in small runs and that keeps your inventory line more streamlines and gives purchasers more choice.

I like your thinking. Yes, with the expansion floor kit, it would be close to truscale already. The sidewalls should be even higher, but that is something the roof unit could fix, if I can only think of a way to add that on in a stable and simple manner though, I am still drawing a blank on that one

Any updates on your decision, Joost? I'd wager that more people would buy off on it once they saw it complete. This scene is one of my absolute favorites.

Put my tantive truscale together today. Phenomenal piece. Took a quick pick before breaking it down while we find its permanent spot.

Thanks again Jazzinc!

fb98516fee4ae4fc389307bec7ce83db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else interested in the complete dio with ceiling, like me? :dunno

Put my tantive truscale together today. Phenomenal piece. Took a quick pick before breaking it down while we find its permanent spot.

Thanks again Jazzinc!

fb98516fee4ae4fc389307bec7ce83db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unreal that people can buy this for themselves to display their figures. Really can't thank Joost enough to make these available.

Anyone else interested in the complete dio with ceiling, like me? :dunno

We've been spitballing ideas today and we might have an idea to come up with six replacement panels and some extra materials for an upgrade kit to make it like this image, a truscale format. The expansion kit will cost somewhere between 150 and $200 depending on how complex it is. Would people still be interested in that? You would get a new background graphic, several engraved and painted aluminum replacement parts, corrugated tubing and the piping to make it just like this scene.

As much as i'd like to upgrade, my current Detolf size will do. Already reached my budget (extended) limit for 2017 and would struggle with space to display it anyway. Hopefully, enough people will show interest so this project becomes reality.

I'm interested, not sure if it applies to me since I don't have any version of this diorama. But I want it sooo bad for my R2 and stormtroopers.

Back