1/6 How it is made: DETOLF TANTIVE IV service corridor!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've been spitballing ideas today and we might have an idea to come up with six replacement panels and some extra materials for an upgrade kit to make it like this image, a truscale format. The expansion kit will cost somewhere between 150 and $200 depending on how complex it is. Would people still be interested in that? You would get a new background graphic, several engraved and painted aluminum replacement parts, corrugated tubing and the piping to make it just like this scene.

I would be interested in the ceiling expansion Joost. I will also likely be ordering the TruScale Emperor's throne room from you soon. Any chance these would ship around the same time if you go forward with the corridor ceiling?

I would be interested in the ceiling expansion Joost. I will also likely be ordering the TruScale Emperor's throne room from you soon. Any chance these would ship around the same time if you go forward with the corridor ceiling?

Wonderful! The truscale would be done sooner though. It might be shipping in three weeks

I purchased the floor upgrade, but I'd pay for the roof upgrade as well. Does that mean a wider floor as well? What's the time frame for his expansion?

I purchased the floor upgrade, but I'd pay for the roof upgrade as well. Does that mean a wider floor as well? What's the time frame for his expansion?

This expansion would work with the wider floor you purchased because that is also true to scale. I expect it will take at least 6 to 8 weeks before we could have this done and we have several projects in the works.

Okydoke, keep up the good work, I don't want to jam you up. So I guess you'd just do a one shot project with the deluxe and then another true scale project with upgraded roof or do it all at once?

I think it would really be awesome to have a roof. What would the height be with the roof expansion?

I am still not sure about what is being disscussed here - are you doing a true "truescale" version of this, or just the upgrade kit for the detolf version to give it roof? Or both?

I am still not sure about what is being disscussed here - are you doing a true "truescale" version of this, or just the upgrade kit for the detolf version to give it roof? Or both?

Both. I am planning to make an expansion kit that replaces all the out of scale parts and adds a roof so the Detolf version can be upgraded to truscale, both in height and width

Hey Jazz, any updates on this project, where we are on timeframe and if you're going with the true scale? I'll pay the additional cost if you want to give it a go.

Hey Jazz, any updates on this project, where we are on timeframe and if you're going with the true scale? I'll pay the additional cost if you want to give it a go.

We are currently trying to figure out and prototype how we could make an extension kit to make this truscale. Cost will be around $200 for the upgrade we expect, but nothing final until we have the final prototype

Back