Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Baby Doll

It always amazes me how different the same sculpt can look depending on the lighting, angle,...

271103_101804959918528_100002670721437_6425_2993122_n.jpg
261804_101804976585193_100002670721437_6426_3657483_n.jpg

I'm on the fence on this figure... costume and accessories look awesome but the HS looks lightly off to me, I think her face needs to be rounder and her eyes need to be fixed.

A part of me wants to pre-order, if it's cheap enough I may bite but I should really order the '89 Batman figures first THEN order this if I have enough $$.

This figure is awesome. The headsculpt is sooooo close. Emily Browning has an extremely hard to capture face. I don't think this is as far off as Gentle Giant's. The only thing GG has going for it is the expression. her eyes look sadder, but HT's looks more like Browning. It is missing certain details that put it off and that would be all it took to make the discrepancyies noticable. Not important. As has been said, minor tweaks and it would be dead on.

Everything else about her is great. Paint is outstanding, Body and accessories too. No real complaints.

Sold. I hope the rest will follow.

Figure looks very good overall... I will agree the likeness is a bit off, but HT does seem to struggle more with female likenesses. I'd give the edge on likeness to GG, but of course their final product will be a mess... whereas this is what you will get from HT, or there might even be some tweaks along the way.

I plan to see this movie soon, but even if I like it I doubt I'd get figures as the style doesn't do much for me.

IMO the film was eh, average (at best). However, the visuals were stunning. The visuals translate well into 1:6th scale figures of both Baby Doll and Amber.

The likeness is fine for my taste but I am not a big fan either. I may order Baby Doll for the style factor but it depends on price. $150+ isn't worth it for my collection with all the awesome licenses coming out.

Congrats to all the SP fans, I hope HT finishes the license. Yeah right.......:wink1:

I was thinking the same thing, Joseph! :lol

Because it is true ;) She looks different from one pic to another.

Furthermore, people seem to forget how much better these figures look in person, and considering her likeness is almost there, I'm sure she will be spot on in hand.

Last edited:

Because it is true ;) She looks different from one pic to another.

Furthermore, people seem to forget how much better these figures look in person, and considering her likeness is almost there, I'm sure she will be spot on in hand.

I'm pretty sure I'll be happy when I see her in hand. :D

Blah Blah Blah. Same old response chanted a thousand times on this board. Its a broken record. Id like to see more constructive criticism than more than 90% of the derogatory statements I hear in almost EVERY thread on this board. Of course this isnt charity work! But these people work hard to achieve just what you guys come to spend the big bucks on. And imo they deserve every penny for their work. Just like the Sucker Punch customs the guy made that were shown in the last thread, you people dont realize that these have already been through approvals from many other people. And the sculpt obvious got the green light. And people claiming they dont see the actress, well thats obviously based on opinion now, aint it? Cause for me I see Emily Browning in most of those shots. And one final thing, this is also a PROTO-TYPE. As with MANY past HT releases, the final product usually come out looking better than that shown in the Proto-pics. So instead of being so harsh, I think a lot of you folks should give HT they same kind of respect you would a fellow freak customizer.

I dont see people bashing some truely awful (not naming names) custom work on here. Its always lollipops and rainbows praising those people on how great their work is. But as soon as the newest HT figure is release its shat on before you have the figure in hand. Its a bunch of bollocks to me.

That is the essence of this board in a nutshell. Read stuff here at the risk of your sanity.

Quick Photoshop Hack... (Noob at posting pictures)
I thinks the sculpt just needs a few tweeks to look like the attached thumbnail below...

Hot toys would monitor this thread, so just post constructive pictures of Emily/Babydoll so they can use them to accurately tweek the sculpt.

Last edited:
SSC has 2 HT figures going up on their site tomorrow it seems. Might be the Sucker Punch figures :D

Back