Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does it matter how good we are at sculpting? Their job is to accurately depict characters and we have every right, as consumers, to critique them on that job.We aren't asking for the impossible. There are always people who complain about a sculpt no matter how good it ends up, but this is much worse than usual and we know Hot Toys can do better. Not only does the expression not match the character at all, but the sculpt itself doesn't depict the character or actress well and that's a problem. Remember: this is not charity work. They get paid to do this and we pay a heft fee to get their works.

Blah Blah Blah. Same old response chanted a thousand times on this board. Its a broken record. Id like to see more constructive criticism than more than 90% of the derogatory statements I hear in almost EVERY thread on this board. Of course this isnt charity work! But these people work hard to achieve just what you guys come to spend the big bucks on. And imo they deserve every penny for their work. Just like the Sucker Punch customs the guy made that were shown in the last thread, you people dont realize that these have already been through approvals from many other people. And the sculpt obvious got the green light. And people claiming they dont see the actress, well thats obviously based on opinion now, aint it? Cause for me I see Emily Browning in most of those shots. And one final thing, this is also a PROTO-TYPE. As with MANY past HT releases, the final product usually come out looking better than that shown in the Proto-pics. So instead of being so harsh, I think a lot of you folks should give HT they same kind of respect you would a fellow freak customizer.

I dont see people bashing some truely awful (not naming names) custom work on here. Its always lollipops and rainbows praising those people on how great their work is. But as soon as the newest HT figure is release its shat on before you have the figure in hand. Its a bunch of bollocks to me.

Blah Blah Blah. Same old response chanted a thousand times on this board. Its a broken record. Id like to see more constructive criticism than more than 90% of the derogatory statements I hear in almost EVERY thread on this board. Of course this isnt charity work! But these people work hard to achieve just what you guys come to spend the big bucks on. And imo they deserve every penny for their work. Just like the Sucker Punch customs the guy made that were shown in the last thread, you people dont realize that these have already been through approvals from many other people. And the sculpt obvious got the green light. And people claiming they dont see the actress, well thats obviously based on opinion now, aint it? Cause for me I see Emily Browning in most of those shots. And one final thing, this is also a PROTO-TYPE. As with MANY past HT releases, the final product usually come out looking better than that shown in the Proto-pics. So instead of being so harsh, I think a lot of you folks should give HT they same kind of respect you would a fellow freak customizer.

I dont see people bashing some truely awful (not naming names) custom work on here. Its always lollipops and rainbows praising those people on how great their work is. But as soon as the newest HT figure is release its shat on before you have the figure in hand. Its a bunch of bollocks to me.

:yess::yess::yess::yess::goodpost::goodpost: :exactly::exactly::exactly:

Personally, i like the ht female figures. I have 2 of them, sheva and sarah and i've pre-ordered alice. They add a little something to a display case full of male figures.

Yeah, I have 5 HT female figures (Connor, disguise Connor, BW, Chacha, and Jill BS).

No other company can match up with their fem figs... I get really annoyed when people try to compare them to stuff like Triad Toys. I've had three Triad female figs, and they're utter crap side by side to HT. Terrible articulation, flat paint, crap joints, crap plastic, breaks easy, and just plain looks cheap. Had to get rid of them.

Sucker Punch: 1/6th scale Babydoll

283333_101804883251869_100002670721437_6421_4583461_n.jpg

:eek: Wow!

The detail and overall quality looks great.

Very impressive figure.

Very nice figure but to me personally, rooted hair always screams Barbie doll especially on female figures. Other than that nit-pick the figure looks good.

I think the figure looks pretty good! I have one little gripe, though, and that's the eyes. Like some of you said before, they seem a bit dead and vacant...

But, I think it is an easy fix. They should darken the little bright ring they paint around the pupil and darken the iris a bit. I'll bet it looks a whole lot better then!

Overall a great looking figure though! :rock :rock :rock

HT probably went by promo images of her, where her eyes are deathly bright.

Sucker-Punch-3.jpg

They're much darker in the actual movie.

So is this the Black Widow (IronMan 2) body, or is it a brand new one, it says brand new body but form these pics it looks like the Black Widow sculpt, :pfft:

Hmmm, looks good overall. Hopefully the face will be tweaked a bit before it hits?

Back