Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty awesome figure! I think it looks close enough for what it is, and it's damn close. This is the kind that will probably be rectified for the final release anyhow, so I wouldn't worry about that. The only thing I can criticize is how light on accessories it seems. I haven't watched the movie yet, so this really could be it for what you can package with her. Amber is even lighter. I would hope the price will be fair enough to reflect that.

I was thinking the same thing, Joseph! :lol

Agreed. The sculpt is on the door step of being dead on. Hopefully, next week I can figure out what exactly for me would need to be tweaked but I might orders this (despite the rooted hair) because HT is most likely to tweak it.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Baby Doll

261804_101804976585193_100002670721437_6426_3657483_n.jpg

Oh my godness... Has anyone noticed the size of her HANDS? She has men hans for god's sake :lol Babydoll is supposed to be .. perfect and delicate ... like a porcelain doll.

emily-browning-baby-doll-sucker-punch_500_333_100.jpg

And btw.. the face of this figure looks PRETTY MUCH like the face of Black Widow. It seems that HT centered they work on Superman so hard that the other pieces came out like sh___ :lol

I don't even like the clothes.. It looks like a Barbie.

Nice job on the hair though.

It's a shame, I thought that the promo pcitures were going to do it justice. But it just doesn't look like a HT piece. It looks uncareless.
I would have waited a year more to get a better figure :(

But Is till have my GG statue, so i'm not left alone :D

Oh man... :panic::panic::panic:

Kuzeh said:
Here we go!!
:lol!!!
The standard HT reveal thru production procedure...

- Line announced, fans excited!
- A few months with: "Any news yet?"
- Teaser "leaked", some excited, some start nitpicking
- First crappy pics released, some excited, some start to panic!
- Official pics and specs released, some really excited, photoshopping starts.
- A few months with: "Any news yet?"
- First crappy in hand pics and everybody panics!
- Better pics surface, some excited, others not so much.
- People start getting their figures almost everybody agrees, HT has done it again!

:lol!!!

Quick Photoshop Hack...

It has begun... :slap :wink1:

Oh my godness... Has anyone noticed the size of her HANDS? She has men hans for god's sake :lol Babydoll is supposed to be .. perfect and delicate ... like a porcelain doll.

And btw.. the face of this figure looks PRETTY MUCH like the face of Black Widow. It seems that HT centered they work on Superman so hard that the other pieces came out like sh___ :lol

I don't even like the clothes.. It looks like a Barbie.

Nice job on the hair though.

It's a shame, I thought that the promo pcitures were going to do it justice. But it just doesn't look like a HT piece. It looks uncareless.
I would have waited a year more to get a better figure :(

But Is till have my GG statue, so i'm not left alone :D

Seriously?

This doesn't look like Black Widow at all IMO. I like this figure better the more I look at it.
I'd say HT did a great job on it!

Oh my godness... Has anyone noticed the size of her HANDS? She has men hans for god's sake :lol

A man's hand indeed! :thud:

Oh well, not really much of a big problem for me as I'm sure HT will still tweak this figure. :wink1:

...looks nothing like Black Widow. It actually has a really good likeness to the actress. In hand, it probably looks dead on.

Glad the SP fans finally got the full reveal, these two look pretty good.

It has begun... :slap :wink1:
Seriously?

This doesn't look like Black Widow at all IMO. I like this figure better the more I look at it.
I'd say HT did a great job on it!

The face has the same look. Empty look. And kinna scary :lol
It looks nothing like Emily.

And in the close up pictures, you can see the clothes are sewed like a mess.
I've seen many HT pieces, and this does not make justice to HT work. At all.

This is just my opinion :D I'm not saying you should hate it.
I'm a fan of the movie and I wasn't expecting much from HT for these two... but not this.

Maybe the final product looks better, I dunno. :dunno

Anyone who compares this to Triad's figures has had a complete credibility failure as a sight enabled human being.

After looking at the pics last night before I went to sleep I was like "Damn, Hot Toys Didn't bring their A game on these." Now after getting some sleep and looking at them on something other than my iPhone I like the sculpts, Babydoll needs a little work on her nose and Amber needs her cheeks shaved down a little and shes got that whole Black Widow low boobs thing going on but I like them.

Quick Photoshop Hack... (Noob at posting pictures)
I thinks the sculpt just needs a few tweeks to look like the attached thumbnail below...

Hot toys would monitor this thread, so just post constructive pictures of Emily/Babydoll so they can use them to accurately tweek the sculpt.

attachment.php

I know people freak out anytime someone photoshops a figure these days but your edit shows just how awesome she'd be all around if they got the likeness right.

From the neck down (which I *thought* would have been the most difficult challenge for HT) the figure is superb, IMO.

If the likeness was there I would seriously consider it, but I think I will just stick withthe statue.

They will probably change it though.

I know people freak out anytime someone photoshops a figure these days but your edit shows just how awesome she'd be all around if they got the likeness right.

From the neck down (which I *thought* would have been the most difficult challenge for HT) the figure is superb, IMO.

:lol But that isn't really a shop, like most people take Hot Toy's existing head and alter a few features to point out how the sculpt could be improved.

It doesn't blow my mind to see "Oh yea, with an actual photograph of a real human being it could look more realistic". You don't say? :slap

Back