Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol But that isn't really a shop, like most people take Hot Toy's existing head and alter a few features to point out how the sculpt could be improved.

It doesn't blow my mind to see "Oh yea, with an actual photograph of a real human being it could look more realistic". You don't say? :slap

Yeah that bothers me too. Slight touch ups are one thing, but that shop looks like he just took a real picture of her and slapped it on the face of the original HT. I never really understood shopping these things to begin with though. It's a picture of a three dimensional sculpt being altered with photoshop. Doesn't make sense.

:lol But that isn't really a shop, like most people take Hot Toy's existing head and alter a few features to point out how the sculpt could be improved.

It doesn't blow my mind to see "Oh yea, with an actual photograph of a real human being it could look more realistic". You don't say? :slap

My point was how good the rest of the figure was aside from the likeness. His edit showed that with Emily's real face there (which of course HT couldn't do, duh) the rest of the figure holds up as is from the neck down, which I think is pretty amazing.

I like this figure already, but I wouldn't mind if someone did a Supermantype photoshop to Babydolls face, showing what would need to be tweaked to improve the likeness :D

Ugh! Given the look and the price point why invest in a couple of figures that you know Hot Toys has no intention of completing the set/group? :gah:

If they didn't finish up the Watchmen line you know they won't finish this line out.

attachment.php

:dunno:dunno

looks like they need to fix some things!!

Anyone expecting a full line up is a noob. Dem's just facts. HT never finishes a line. Not just watchmen, Alien, Predator, etc etc.

Iron Man and Batman are the only two lines where anyone should hold out hope for strange secondary characters.

From the neck down it's beautiful, Im a huge HT fan, but the likeness is waaay off. Since we're already seeing these photos, we know how they are about making changes this close to game time. Safe to say what we see is probably close to what we get. Glad i got my GG statue PO in!

attachment.php

:dunno:dunno

looks like they need to fix some things!!

Her face should be much rounder, her eyes should be darker and larger, and the redness of her cheeks should contrast more. I can see small touchups down like with Kevin, but I think the overall sculpt is beyond redeeming at this point.

The expression of the figure is not of relaxed eyes like the movie poster--her brow is slightly furrowed, hence they don't appear as round.

I've read someone saying that we should give constructive comments or photos, to help HT improving this piece.

- Smaller hands PLEASE . She is a lady

- Round face
- Big, round and smooth lips . Not so crinkled.
sucker-punch-babydoll%5B3%5D.jpg

MV5BMjEzMDY3ODc3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY2MjA3NA@@._V1._SX640_SY268_.jpg

- And i'm sorry to say that, but comparing the work on Amber's costume ( which is pretty difficult to do in 1/1 already ), i was hoping a better deal with Bdoll costume, considering that she barely has no clothes at all. It seems messy, untidy.
I mean this :
2m6k29l.jpg

Her face should be much rounder, her eyes should be darker and larger, and the redness of her cheeks should contrast more. I can see small touchups down like with Kevin, but I think the overall sculpt is beyond redeeming at this point.

Just a thought but thats not the best pic for referancing the sculpt.

Thats a heavily photoshopped promo image, I'd compare it more to this.

emily-browning-baby-doll-suckerpunch02.jpg

Well all official pics of Baby Doll at least suggest that the expression needs to be more relaxed, her lips need to be rounder, and her face should be much rounder.

That's why drag queens use big glasses to make their hands look smaller. They should give her bigger guns:1-1:

I've read someone saying that we should give constructive comments or photos, to help HT improving this piece.

- Smaller hands PLEASE . She is a lady
- Round face
- Big, round and smooth lips . Not so crinkled.

Back