Hot Toys expanding their Johnny Depp portfolio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed Wood with Angora sweater and wig would be the most cherished figure in my collection, a pipe dream but I love the possibility.

Basically if Hot Toys is as extensive in this Johnny Depp line as their Michael Jackson line I'll be very happy.

I honestly think we're all looking too far into this announcement... Obviously Sparrow is the first Depp figure and Lerner will be the second. Anything beyond that would surprise me.

I'd love a Sweeney, improved Ed Scissorhands. Willy, Abberline, Crane, Hatter, Dillinger, Sands from Once Upon A Time In Mexico. I'll buy Lerner & Duke from Fear & Loathing would a crazy fig, I want them all :)

Hot Toys are pleased to announce it's next two Depp figures

Depp in a suit, and casual Depp
She%2527s%2Bthe%2Bjewel%2Bin%2BBrad%2BPitt%2527s%2Bcrown%2BAngelina%2BJolie%2Blights%2Bup%2Bthe%2Bred%2Bcarpet%2Bin%2Bembellished%2Bdress%2Bat%2BThe%2BTourist%2BMadrid%2Bpremiere%2B%2B5.JPG

Id buy BOTH of those.

I honestly think we're all looking too far into this announcement... Obviously Sparrow is the first Depp figure and Lerner will be the second. Anything beyond that would surprise me.

I wouldnt be surprised if they revisit Edward Scissorhands, and we get a HT version of at least Mad Hatter, Sweeney Todd and Willy Wonka.

And after seeing the two Bruce Lee's in HT M Icon line, I can see them doing an "Actor Depp" figure as well. Im seeing this line go farther than just two releases. Why would they have made a big announcement if it was just for two figures. Two figures doesnt exactly = "series".

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1enywhs7vfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love SLEEPY HOLLOW, but would not shell out any money for just Depp. I'd also need:

Headless Horseman
*Removable Hessian (C. Walken) and skull portraits with attachable stump necks
*Skull accessory
*Gathered heads of victims
*Sachel with child's head (sick)
*Hessian Sword
*Axe
*Ichabod's Scythe

headless.jpg

I'd be down with that... not a huge fan of the movie, but thought the Headless Horseman was pretty badass :rock Although then you have the problem of can you really have a horseman w/o a horse :huh

As for future releases of Depp I'd guess anything Medicom has tackled would be fair game:
Sweeney Todd
Mad Hatter :yuck
Willy Wonka :yuck :yuck
Edward Scissorhands (really doubt they will redo him)
Ichabod Crane

Mad Hatter would be pretty awesome...... maybe include like a table with some tea pots and whatnot haha

Honestly if HT made a 1/6 horse with all their bells and whistle they are used to then it's a license to print money. Do you know how many people are dying for a good horse? People could even kitbash their own Carries from Sex in the City.

Anyone who is a Fear and Loathing fan must see Rango. There are so many tributes, some very obvious and others for the trained eye. Lots of instances where Depp uses the Duke voice and persona. I won't spoil the biggest one, but it f---ing rocks.

small_fear%20and%20loathing%20and%20rango.jpg

Back